November 23, 2017, 07:23:01 PM

Author Topic: Vaughan  (Read 5277 times)

December 29, 2009, 04:04:26 AM
Reply #15

blue for you

i just think hes absolute shit... but we'll see
fuck sake give the lad a break only back from a few seasons out hurt, i rather have him than jo anyday :headbang:

deCoubertin

December 29, 2009, 04:17:58 AM
Reply #16

malcolm powder

fuck sake give the lad a break only back from a few seasons out hurt, i rather have him than jo anyday :headbang:

too right  :clap: 
its not were your from,its were your at

December 29, 2009, 04:21:26 AM
Reply #17

Chazman

Well, it counters the goal we had incorrectly disallowed against Brum, doesn't it?
Let's not forget the blatant penalty for handball we didn't get today either.
"I fuckin love this club"

December 29, 2009, 04:31:59 AM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And the one they could have got one off of Neill too.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 04:36:40 AM by blargins »
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 29, 2009, 04:37:10 AM
Reply #19

Murf666

I think it's marvelous that he's come back and scored.  I hope he has a run of no injuries from now until the end of the season.  By God he deserves it.

He did well with the finish.  The fact that Yak was offside doesn't detract from that.  How did Yak miss it in the first place though?
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

December 29, 2009, 04:43:35 AM
Reply #20

.Rimbo.

i just think hes absolute shit... but we'll see

Same. A toddler may have struggled today with his chance, but a grown man wouldn't. Put the Kleenex away lads.

December 29, 2009, 04:44:44 AM
Reply #21

Chazman

And the one they could have got one off of Neill too.
Can't remember that one  :whistle:
"I fuckin love this club"

December 29, 2009, 04:53:26 AM
Reply #22

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
hahah
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 29, 2009, 06:22:10 AM
Reply #23

Endless, Nameless

Same. A toddler may have struggled today with his chance, but a grown man wouldn't. Put the Kleenex away lads.

Who turned your heart to stone Rimbo?
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 29, 2009, 12:07:16 PM
Reply #24

huck

I think he has allot of potential pace, aggression, positioning. At times he has looked over excited when he has got the ball but he is young he looked much more composed when he got on the ball today and his chasing down wasn't as meaningless as it has been in the past hopefully he'll stay injury free for some time and begin to grow as a player.
Le Berry

December 29, 2009, 12:15:27 PM
Reply #25

nomorechang

RIP
The Yak was onside , there was a Burnley player on the floor by the goal line / edge of the penalty area playing him onside , Vaughany dedicated the goal to his Nan who's recently passed away , he was kissing a tattoo on his wrist dedicated to her .
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 29, 2009, 12:37:05 PM
Reply #26

huck

Cheers nomorechang was wondering about his celebration. Saw clearly they were both onside myself. Any news on Cahill?
Le Berry

December 29, 2009, 01:04:49 PM
Reply #27

nomorechang

RIP
Cheers nomorechang was wondering about his celebration. Saw clearly they were both onside myself. Any news on Cahill?

I beleive it's not too serious , just turned his ankle , they'll check him out today
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 29, 2009, 01:46:15 PM
Reply #28

huck

I beleive it's not too serious , just turned his ankle , they'll check him out today

Ok cheers! appreciate you taking the time to answer.
Le Berry

December 29, 2009, 02:32:08 PM
Reply #29

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I don't think that the finish was what marked his performance to be honest. That, on a personal basis for him, was purely a bonus.

It was the fact that, again, he changed the tempo of our team's performance and basically gave us the momentum to win the game. Plus as has been said, his decision making was a lot better than his more recent injury comebacks.

But in general I don't know how anyone who saw his run in the team at the end of 06-07 can doubt that he has the ability to be a top striker. For me the only questions are always whether the injuries will come back, and then if they don't whether they have taken the edge of his game.

Clearly this sub performance can't answer either of the above, but I think he's earned the general hope that the majority of Evertonians have for him.