November 23, 2017, 06:24:39 AM

Author Topic: Baines deal as good as done  (Read 36978 times)

June 08, 2013, 05:29:47 PM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
There's no guarantee that Martinez will play 3 at the back.

Also sure we only paid £1.5m for Oviedo.

June 08, 2013, 05:36:26 PM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There's no guarantee that Martinez will play 3 at the back.

Also sure we only paid £1.5m for Oviedo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19423536

Up to 5 mill according to the Beeb. That's nearly what we paid for Baines. Was a lot of money for a player used seldom, but we did the same thing with Baines too.

As for what Philyt says, that makes most sense, except I'm not sure I believe Fellaini would rather stay at Everton compared to Utd.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

June 08, 2013, 05:50:22 PM
Reply #17

AidyEFC9

if martinez plays a back three, id have confidence in oviedo playing as an attacking left back..

Why are people under the assumption that Martinez will play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2?!. He admitted that at Wigan for the past 2 seasons he used them formations to suit the personnel he had available and to try and stop shipping goals!.

He'll use whatever formations suits our personnel and tbh, with the players we've got, he can play 3 or 4 at the back!.

But for some reason i think he'll go back to playing 4-2-3-1 like he started out with at Swansea & Wigan but then mix it depending on certain games and way games are panning out.

As for the original thread, I think Baines will stay unless United offer a proper amount to us and IF Baines makes a point of wanting to leave for CL footy, which I don't think he will and that's why he'll end up staying.

I do think Felli will leave though, and for United. Get 24m, give Standard what there owed and go out and replace him with Fer and then buy a decent striker and with what little kitty Martinez had originally, buy some decent squad fillers of the likes of de Guzman, McManaman, Cheryshev or loans?!.

June 08, 2013, 05:53:14 PM
Reply #18

Danny

I don't really mind that much if we lose these players but i'd definately rather they go now, Martinez needs as long as possible to make sure he signs the right replacements.

June 08, 2013, 05:53:28 PM
Reply #19

MmmBlueRamirez

I've heard that a deal for baines with united is almost done. Everton wanting around 19 million + addons, utd willing to pay 16.

Hoping to tie it up this week.

Didn't you tell us that Holtby was deffo joining us?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 08, 2013, 05:59:41 PM
Reply #20

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Baines isn't going anywhere.

I get the feeling you are saying this more in denial rather than you actually knowing this to be fact!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 08, 2013, 06:01:21 PM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Up to 5 mill according to the Beeb. That's nearly what we paid for Baines. Was a lot of money for a player used seldom, but we did the same thing with Baines too.

As for what Philyt says, that makes most sense, except I'm not sure I believe Fellaini would rather stay at Everton compared to Utd.

Sure it was reported somewhere else that that wasn't near the actual figure.

Polledreng as well said it was less from what they'd submitted to the Danish stock exchange.

June 08, 2013, 06:09:59 PM
Reply #22

evertonarntwe

baines is staying. if he does want to go though let him he deserves a shot in the champions league he is 28/29 after all... aslong as roberto is sensible with his money and doesnt start bringing in figueora and alcarez
sick of this dull boring negative prick now, horrible days yesterday and he comes out with this shit, ginger cunt needs to stop thinking he will be the next united manager

June 08, 2013, 06:21:59 PM
Reply #23

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd rather we only sold one of our assets (pref Fellaini), as we don't know what Martinez is like with a huge war chest. Would rather him have only 20 million compared to 40 million.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

June 08, 2013, 06:30:32 PM
Reply #24

gwells

Baines is a great fan of Martinez given some of the statements coming from him I expect he will be happy to sign a contract extension. I think Felli will stay also.

June 08, 2013, 06:32:34 PM
Reply #25

Shogun

Administrator
Fortunately Dejo has a shit track record.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 08, 2013, 06:37:12 PM
Reply #26

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I'd rather we only sold one of our assets (pref Fellaini), as we don't know what Martinez is like with a huge war chest. Would rather him have only 20 million compared to 40 million.

A million times this.

June 08, 2013, 06:38:44 PM
Reply #27

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

there is a reason they are called beeb ...  bob ballooo know nothing. We payed around the 1,5 mill GLewis is talking about.(In fact we didn't pay as mutch)  And this doesn't come from an ITK or a fucking journo from the BBC. It's from an Chartered Accountant looking trough FC Copenhagens accounts and FC Copenhagens Stock Account Announcment. How the hell can people think we would pay 5 mill. for a player with less than 1 year left on his contract.

June 08, 2013, 06:42:01 PM
Reply #28

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
there is a reason they are called beeb ...  bob ballooo know nothing. We payed around the 1,5 mill GLewis is talking about.(In fact we didn't pay as mutch)  And this doesn't come from an ITK or a fucking journo from the BBC. It's from an Chartered Accountant looking trough FC Copenhagens accounts and FC Copenhagens Stock Account Announcment. How the hell can people think we would pay 5 mill. for a player with less than 1 year left on his contract.

Would that not be the down payment though mate?
With the rest as bonus payments?

June 08, 2013, 06:42:05 PM
Reply #29

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Sure it was reported somewhere else that that wasn't near the actual figure.

Polledreng as well said it was less from what they'd submitted to the Danish stock exchange.
Sorry ... didn't see that answer before I answered  Blargins. Still don't get why people would believe we were willing to pay 5 mill. for Oviedo, when his contract was running on it's last year.