October 22, 2018, 12:46:56 AM

Author Topic: Baines deal as good as done  (Read 43432 times)

June 08, 2013, 06:38:44 PM
Read 43432 times

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19423536

Up to 5 mill according to the Beeb. That's nearly what we paid for Baines. Was a lot of money for a player used seldom, but we did the same thing with Baines too.

As for what Philyt says, that makes most sense, except I'm not sure I believe Fellaini would rather stay at Everton compared to Utd.
there is a reason they are called beeb ...  bob ballooo know nothing. We payed around the 1,5 mill GLewis is talking about.(In fact we didn't pay as mutch)  And this doesn't come from an ITK or a fucking journo from the BBC. It's from an Chartered Accountant looking trough FC Copenhagens accounts and FC Copenhagens Stock Account Announcment. How the hell can people think we would pay 5 mill. for a player with less than 1 year left on his contract.

June 08, 2013, 06:42:05 PM
Reply #1

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Sure it was reported somewhere else that that wasn't near the actual figure.

Polledreng as well said it was less from what they'd submitted to the Danish stock exchange.
Sorry ... didn't see that answer before I answered  Blargins. Still don't get why people would believe we were willing to pay 5 mill. for Oviedo, when his contract was running on it's last year.

June 08, 2013, 06:51:51 PM
Reply #2

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
No way it was like 1.5 up front and the rest in instalments?

Regardless; Im happy to see him given a go as Baines replacement if he leaves
Nope - only the british media are reporting that. The accounts is based on all instalments. Even the danish papers hasn't been quoting that figure never ever. And you still think we would give 5 mill for a player in his last year ?
FC Copenhagen as a company on the danish stock exchange can't give false information - if so they would be in serious trouble.  Agree with your last point though. He ain't a bad player

June 08, 2013, 06:52:38 PM
Reply #3

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Ok, fair enough. Calm down.
I am - my bad english makes me sound uncalm .... probably like you on a french forum  ;)

June 08, 2013, 07:14:59 PM
Reply #4

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
That and the fact you constantly suggest that everyone expect you is stupid.
expect me to be stupid .. or except  ;)  If it's the latter you are wrong... I've never read anything stupid from Silas, Thom, GLewis  and you among others.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:15:30 PM by Polledreng »

June 08, 2013, 07:58:27 PM
Reply #5

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Except. Just a little observation over recent weeks. I think I noticed more after you were so bold as to suggest your son, when knowing his history, would beat 99% of scousers. Very bold to say the least, if not slightly insulting as well.  ;)
I think the one insulting was the one claming you had to be a scouser to know our history.  My best friend has had a season ticket for almost 40 years - he claims my son know more about Everton than any Evertonian he has ever meet.(I haven't meet any aswell)  ;) And by the way .. my son is an adult going to Liverpool at least 5 times a year + watching the blues in London. If you thought he was 7 then I can see why you think I was insulting. That wasn't my purpose. And for the record  I think I hold the record for most  :thumbsup:  or  "this"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:03:51 PM by Polledreng »

June 08, 2013, 08:05:47 PM
Reply #6

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
actually probably the best track record for ITK's.. but can't be assed getting into that battle again.
at least I can't remember you said Holtby was a sure thing.

June 08, 2013, 08:25:06 PM
Reply #7

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

I wasn't offfended, but I'm not scouse. I just think it's wrong to suggest that he knows more than 99% of Evertonians, let alone Scouse Evertonians, who generally are regarded as very knowledgeable fans. Which kind of ironically gets back to my original point.  ;)

:thumbsup: This.
[/quote]Ok I will try to behave.  ;)

June 08, 2013, 09:03:22 PM
Reply #8

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
What are the highest fees for a full back?

Baines is 28 I can't see anyone offering north of £20m, if that.
If you believe these figures there are some expensive fullbacks  Most are CB but even seeing what some clubs have paid for full backs I agree with you that we won't get an offer north of 20m GBP  http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/07/15/2562976/thiago-silva-the-top-10-most-expensive-defenders-of-all-time

June 09, 2013, 02:16:31 AM
Reply #9

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I would like see if Oviedo is capable enough first rather than spunk money unnecessarily on a left back.
He ain't no Baines - but capable he is. Would spend the money elsewhere aswell

June 19, 2013, 08:46:15 PM
Reply #10

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
In other reports, it's suggested Everton will offer to make Baines their best-paid player in an attempt to stop him being lured to Manchester United by David Moyes.

Baines, 28, has two years left on a 44,000-a-week contract, and the Toffees are ready to offer him 65k per week to stay.
Must be a new phantom  "Alan Smith bid" .. offer him a payraise after we have sold him  ;)

June 28, 2013, 10:35:22 PM
Reply #11

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I know you hate him Ram, but it's not his fault he has that Clause!we've had that in the past with Ferguson as well haven't we!stupid clause to put in someone's contract!
So stupid I'm sure it is untrue.

July 07, 2013, 03:33:19 PM
Reply #12

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Been doing that for 3 years on here and look where that's got me, fucking -29
Seems that your are on a good run now - Your karma is up to -25  :thumbsup: