October 19, 2018, 12:02:15 AM

Author Topic: Baines deal as good as done  (Read 43384 times)

June 28, 2013, 10:35:22 PM
Reply #165

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I know you hate him Ram, but it's not his fault he has that Clause!we've had that in the past with Ferguson as well haven't we!stupid clause to put in someone's contract!
So stupid I'm sure it is untrue.

June 28, 2013, 10:42:40 PM
Reply #166

MmmblueBernard

Still think this was a bullshit post? watch baines go for 18million..

Yes. Now you're just pulling arbitrary figures out your arse to look credible.

Go away.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:49:27 PM by MmmBlueMirallas »
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 28, 2013, 10:45:26 PM
Reply #167

Tinga

Fuck off you cunt.

June 28, 2013, 10:46:02 PM
Reply #168

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
So stupid I'm sure it is untrue.

Especially as both Heitinga and Fellaini have both been rumoured to have this clause this summer.

Utter nonsense

June 28, 2013, 10:53:04 PM
Reply #169

Bluenosebolt

I love Baines, Most Blues do but if we are offered 18 million I would take it. I know under Moyes we were horribly reliant on the Bainaar partnership, Most of our attacking started & finished on the left, Maybe we now have a manager able to make our playing style slightly less predictable. 18 million is a fair whack for us, I'm up for trusting Martinez with some funds to build his own team. Just my opinion.
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

June 28, 2013, 11:13:17 PM
Reply #170

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It kind of makes sense if he did go for 18 mill now. But we would have to keep Fellaini until next summer. Two important players going in the summer would be too much to cope with. Plus if Fell has a great WC next year, we could start a bidding war.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 28, 2013, 11:14:29 PM
Reply #171

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
It kind of makes sense if he did go for 18 mill now. But we would have to keep Fellaini until next summer. Two important players going in the summer would be too much to cope with. Plus if Fell has a great WC next year, we could start a bidding war.

Unless he has a clause in his contract...

June 28, 2013, 11:28:06 PM
Reply #172

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Unless he has a clause in his contract...

Either way, to lose both in one summer would create too many problems.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 28, 2013, 11:33:01 PM
Reply #173

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I love Baines, Most Blues do but if we are offered 18 million I would take it. I know under Moyes we were horribly reliant on the Bainaar partnership, Most of our attacking started & finished on the left, Maybe we now have a manager able to make our playing style slightly less predictable. 18 million is a fair whack for us, I'm up for trusting Martinez with some funds to build his own team. Just my opinion.

We'd started to balancing things out but yes, we did obviously rely on that side heavily.

Most of our play, even on the right was based around getting it wide and getting crosses in - Baines was/is vital to that.

Might our attacks be more central now? Maybe. If so, as you say, that may lessen out reliance on that outlet.

Obviously it'd still be better having Baines there (look at the way Barça use their full backs) but he won't be there one day whatever happens.

A big(ger) fee would certainly help any transition, obviously.

June 28, 2013, 11:58:24 PM
Reply #174

Bob Sacamano

June 29, 2013, 12:02:19 AM
Reply #175

American Evertonian

Definitley would let him go for 18m quid assuming we then retain Felli. I'm more so just insulted if the 10-12m rumor is true. Kind of a slap in the face to us and Baines as we all know he is worth more than that.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

June 29, 2013, 12:24:19 AM
Reply #176

Bluenosebolt

I would honestly hate Baines to leave, He really seems to have got us, The Loyalty, the ....Loyalty. In all Honesty 18 million for a 28-29 year old is bloody good business...Personally and professionally it would make sense to join the "bigger club" from all perspectives, I wish him all the best at man u, He has proved his worth for us, Leighton has given his all since he joined from Wigan, We as fans have to understand the progression felt from the player's agents / parents side for once. Also...We could have a rather large war chest to think about..sod man u for a sec..what would be best for our club with new ideas from a new perspective...

tbh...im on the brandy ere so please take everything I'm saying at arse value.
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

June 29, 2013, 12:52:12 AM
Reply #177

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure the abuse for Dejo is necessary.  It may well be nothing more than coincidence that United are interested but I don't think he is deserving the stick. 

June 29, 2013, 12:54:42 AM
Reply #178

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Dejo. I'd probably not mention it again until its an actual done deal to avoid hatred!

And if it does become a done deal, gloating about it, instead of mourning the sale of the best left back in our history is so unEverton its unreal
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 29, 2013, 01:09:26 AM
Reply #179

Major Clanger

Dejo. I'd probably not mention it again until its an actual done deal to avoid hatred!

And if it does become a done deal, gloating about it, instead of mourning the sale of the best left back in our history is so unEverton its unreal

And even if he is sold, the original "as good as done" claim was still bollocks.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel