December 15, 2018, 08:33:20 AM

Author Topic: Baines deal as good as done  (Read 44344 times)

June 29, 2013, 01:16:10 AM
Reply #180

plumber

Not sure the abuse for Dejo is necessary.  It may well be nothing more than coincidence that United are interested but I don't think he is deserving the stick. 

You must be kidding.

June 29, 2013, 02:46:29 AM
Reply #181

Gash

Global Moderator
Not sure the abuse for Dejo is necessary.  It may well be nothing more than coincidence that United are interested but I don't think he is deserving the stick. 

The fact he's come back and attempted to gloat about is hardly going to endear him to anyone, that's up there with betting against you're own team.

June 29, 2013, 02:49:02 AM
Reply #182

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah it's a cause he's so bullish about it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 29, 2013, 05:32:02 AM
Reply #183

Major Clanger

The fact he's come back and attempted to gloat about is hardly going to endear him to anyone, that's up there with betting against you're own team.

No, because betting against your own team is a perfectly sensible thing to do.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

June 29, 2013, 05:45:19 AM
Reply #184

Gash

Global Moderator
No, because betting against your own team is a perfectly sensible thing to do.

Is it?

I've no idea whether your being sarcastic or not, but it's not something I'd ever do.

June 29, 2013, 05:46:55 AM
Reply #185

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think he's being sarcastic.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 29, 2013, 05:48:57 AM
Reply #186

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Is it?

I've no idea whether your being sarcastic or not, but it's not something I'd ever do.

In a way it is, because the pain of your team being beaten can be cured somewhat by financial reward!

Still it would be a hollow victory
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 29, 2013, 06:32:52 AM
Reply #187

Major Clanger

Is it?

Well, of course it is.

If your team wins, you're chuffed and you don't give a shit about that fiver you've just lost.

If they lose, you can still drown your sorrows for free, at least it softened the blow somewhat.

If I started betting, I'd always bet against us.

But I know what you meant, just splitting hairs.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:34:36 AM by Major Clanger »
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

June 29, 2013, 06:40:13 AM
Reply #188

MmmblueBernard

Well, of course it is.

If your team wins, you're chuffed and you don't give a shit about that fiver you've just lost.

If they lose, you can still drown your sorrows for free, at least it softened the blow somewhat.

If I started betting, I'd always bet against us.

But I know what you meant, just splitting hairs.

I occasionally do bet against us. Its a win-win situation. Unless we draw...............
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

June 29, 2013, 11:05:39 PM
Reply #189

phillyt

Is it?

I regularly bet a couple of quid on the shite to win, on the face of it that is bad. But in reality im so fucking unlucky that if i bet on them to win its odds on they lose. So I'm doing a good thing. I did try the reverse with Everton once but it didn't work we got well beaten, so never again. I do bet for Everton when I go the match but normally silly odds bets. Closest I came was at home to spurs I had defoe to score first and us to win 3-2 with a few minutes to go we was 2 nil down ended up drawing 2 all stood to win about 300 quid on that but the gods of betting frowned upon my soul again, teasing me. The bastards.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

June 29, 2013, 11:18:20 PM
Reply #190

School of Science

Is it?

I'm in a Sky super six syndicate in work, there's 8 of us £10 a man each pay out to the winner, plus an old trophy  :P at the end of the season.

I admit shamefully I had us down to lose twice last season, man u and Chelsea away.  :blush:
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

June 29, 2013, 11:39:11 PM
Reply #191

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'm in a Sky super six syndicate in work, there's 8 of us £10 a man each pay out to the winner, plus an old trophy  :P at the end of the season.

I admit shamefully I had us down to lose twice last season, man u and Chelsea away.  :blush:

Well, if Everton are going to let you down, you may as well get something out of it :)

Would hold off on the away defeat bets this season though. We don't know how Martinez will handle these games. Instead bet on Utd away defeats to the big 3 ;)
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 29, 2013, 11:48:22 PM
Reply #192

School of Science

Well, if Everton are going to let you down, you may as well get something out of it :)

Would hold off on the away defeat bets this season though. We don't know how Martinez will handle these games. Instead bet on Utd away defeats to the big 3 ;)

Haha will do. Done me no good anyway I never won the trophy.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 06, 2013, 07:51:24 PM
Reply #193

dejo85

Just thought id respond to some of the comments on this thread.. Firstly, when i was young growing up in australia, i always loved football. Me and my dad would stay up watching premier league, and i genuinely don't know why, but we followed everton and fell in love. I supported everton from afar, and had an opportunity to move overseas, and chose the uk, largely due to my love of football, and everton.

After all of that, going to my first game at goodison was a religious experience. Probably something that can't be explained to someone who has grown up with the club, and gone to games week in and week out. We lost 6-1 to arsenal, and it was the best day of my life.

I do have someone who i catch up with now and then, who because of his position, i respect what he says about football. When we catch up, the whole conversation is about football, and i probe him about what he knows about our beloved club. What he tells me is possibly something he heard from another agent, or in the grape vine.. and i share it on here.

The last comment i made was a touch arrogant, when the bid for baines came through.. but it was also in response to the crowd of people who were saying 'baines will never leave, and moyes will never try and take him.. your full of shit..etc' those same people are now trying to rip it apart by saying 'anyone could have predicted that moyes would want baines etc. So due to that, i think its fair to be pissed off a touch.

Long story short, i love this club, and i dare say as much as most, if not all of you. Definately not going to post anymore things i hear from my mate, but just think the comments made are a touch harsh, im not some WUM, i just love this club, and love talking about it with other fans who are as passionate as me.

July 06, 2013, 07:56:38 PM
Reply #194

dekko

Good. I guess u got the point. No more "my mate" said ... too much of that crap going on here and nothing is ever true.