August 15, 2018, 09:57:09 PM

Author Topic: Baines deal as good as done  (Read 42603 times)

June 12, 2013, 10:16:26 PM
Read 42603 times

Major Clanger

That photo reminded me, did Baines also play footy with his kids in Goodison after the last home game?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

June 14, 2013, 08:22:52 PM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

Dekko you're full of shit lad

What's he done?

June 28, 2013, 10:05:46 PM
Reply #2

Major Clanger

It is three weeks since you said....

Which, we can safely assume was as much bullshit as they get.

June 29, 2013, 01:09:26 AM
Reply #3

Major Clanger

Dejo. I'd probably not mention it again until its an actual done deal to avoid hatred!

And if it does become a done deal, gloating about it, instead of mourning the sale of the best left back in our history is so unEverton its unreal

And even if he is sold, the original "as good as done" claim was still bollocks.

June 29, 2013, 05:32:02 AM
Reply #4

Major Clanger

The fact he's come back and attempted to gloat about is hardly going to endear him to anyone, that's up there with betting against you're own team.

No, because betting against your own team is a perfectly sensible thing to do.

June 29, 2013, 06:32:52 AM
Reply #5

Major Clanger

Is it?

I've no idea whether your being sarcastic or not, but it's not something I'd ever do.

Well, of course it is.

If your team wins, you're chuffed and you don't give a shit about that fiver you've just lost.

If they lose, you can still drown your sorrows for free, at least it softened the blow somewhat.

If I started betting, I'd always bet against us.

But I know what you meant, just splitting hairs.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:34:36 AM by Major Clanger »

July 06, 2013, 08:16:42 PM
Reply #6

Major Clanger

my mates an agent.. for quality premier league players... i would think thats more likely to be true than most

Evidently not.

July 06, 2013, 08:22:11 PM
Reply #7

Major Clanger

Long story short, i love this club, and i dare say as much as most, if not all of you. Definately not going to post anymore things i hear from my mate, but just think the comments made are a touch harsh, im not some WUM, i just love this club, and love talking about it with other fans who are as passionate as me.

Fair enough, but your mate doesn't half talk some shite. Just don't listen to him, as an Evertonian you should know better than most how volatile and fragile transfer deals are, they can break down literally minutes before signing the contract. There's no such thing as a deal being "as good as done", it's either done and official or still up in the air.

July 06, 2013, 09:02:45 PM
Reply #8

Major Clanger

i probably took what he said too literally. It was along the lines of - "moyes has him as his no1 target, and baines wants to go with him. from what i've heard this deal will get tied up this week"

I fully believe that's what happened, I can even believe that your mate genuinely believed what he told you. But ask yourself this: "If I was in Moyes's position, would I reveal to an agent who my number one target is? Would I the fuck. I'd hint at several players without actually saying anything definite."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:03:39 PM by Major Clanger »

July 07, 2013, 03:17:38 AM
Reply #9

Major Clanger

It depends if you are just attention seeking.

Can we please stop using this as an argument? This is a public forum, we're all attention seekers here. Otherwise, as you rightly point out, we'd keep our thoughts to ourselves. And lord knows we might well be better off if we did.

July 07, 2013, 03:43:37 AM
Reply #10

Major Clanger

There is a difference bewteen adding your opinion to a debate and pretending to have information that the vast majority of people who read the forum would like to be privy to. 

How do you know it's pretending? Sure if someone makes stuff up then what you say is true but dejo already named his source, didn't he.

If you heard something about Everton that you know would interest your fellow supporters, would you not pass it on? I know I would. Or maybe not because then someone would inevitably accuse me of making it up.

And as for opinions, they aren't all they're cracked up to be. 99% of what's being said here is worthless drivel and that goes for pretty much every single poster, myself included.

July 07, 2013, 04:34:49 AM
Reply #11

Major Clanger

No, I wouldn’t. However, I am not ever likely to receive that kind of information. But my attitude stands.  Those who know don’t feel the need to share.

But that's the attitude of an utter cunt. If at work I had a person with that attitude on my team, I'd get rid of them, no matter how much they know, cause they're just not worth the trouble they cause.

I may not be in the know about Everton but I do know a lot of other stuff and when I know something I suspect others are willing to know about, I'm quite happy to share. Not because I want them to admire me but because I genuinely believe it makes them happy.

Actually I heard a brilliant joke once that describes these kinds of situations. It was truly hilarious. I'm not going to tell you the joke but trust me, you'd piss yourself laughing if I did.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:37:27 AM by Major Clanger »

July 07, 2013, 05:06:14 AM
Reply #12

Major Clanger

I shared my Baines info and people though I was lying, despite it being what most of us believe :(

Don't convey information, just chat bollocks and then defend it by saying it's only an opinion. :)