October 23, 2018, 01:16:35 AM

Author Topic: Baines deal as good as done  (Read 43444 times)

July 06, 2013, 09:14:59 PM
Reply #210

dejo85

Yeah, and I have done, as have you. But when someone proclaims its a done deal, then they deserve all the stick they get imo.

He could easily be making this up, at least tell us who the source is.

I already have previously, unlike most people on here, i gave a name. He then got pestered relentlessly by a few people on here, and was pissed off a little because one of the things i said was about his client. After that, he really only tells me things which he has heard from other people, and deliberately doesn't talk to me about anything regarding his players.

In regards to baines, im not saying moyes spoke with him. He didnt. This guy is obviously heavily involved in football, and is not independent, he works at a sports management company now. so i would assume that rumours etc about transfers would be the bulk of their conversation.

July 06, 2013, 10:43:49 PM
Reply #211

EighteenSeventyEight

July 07, 2013, 02:03:51 AM
Reply #212

MmmblueBernard

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 07, 2013, 02:10:05 AM
Reply #213

di_guyo

hate the way people have a go at someone for passing information on

[open question] if you'd been told something, would you pass it on?

I get what you're saying, Si. Yes, I would pass it on, but I think the issue is around how it's passed on. If it's shared as ITK information then it's asking for flack...but you can easily word it differently to caveat - 'I'm not sure of the reliability but thought I'd share that I've heard from someone that works in a sports management agency that a deal for Baines might be close'. Another problem though, is when you've proclaimed something beforehand, made out that your ITK and then even if you shared the info in such a way people would still just assume it's BS and give you shit for it...paying for earlier mistakes.

All said, I'm not going to dish out any stick, because I'm happy to hear the rumours regardless...makes it interesting.
Everton & Atleti

July 07, 2013, 02:35:57 AM
Reply #214

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

Not if it was such obvious bollocks.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

July 07, 2013, 02:51:31 AM
Reply #215

Mayor Farnum

It depends if you are just attention seeking. I donít see the motivation for passing on such things.
 If I had a reliable source who gave me information I would be content to know it myself. If the information is correct it will see the light of day in good time.
 Like most things; the people who really know donít feel the need to share.

July 07, 2013, 03:17:38 AM
Reply #216

Major Clanger

It depends if you are just attention seeking.

Can we please stop using this as an argument? This is a public forum, we're all attention seekers here. Otherwise, as you rightly point out, we'd keep our thoughts to ourselves. And lord knows we might well be better off if we did.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

July 07, 2013, 03:20:59 AM
Reply #217

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Can we please stop using this as an argument? This is a public forum, we're all attention seekers here. Otherwise, as you rightly point out, we'd keep our thoughts to ourselves. And lord knows we might well be better off if we did.

You know what he means..
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

July 07, 2013, 03:26:31 AM
Reply #218

Mayor Farnum

There is a difference bewteen adding your opinion to a debate and pretending to have information that the vast majority of people who read the forum would like to be privy to. 

July 07, 2013, 03:43:37 AM
Reply #219

Major Clanger

There is a difference bewteen adding your opinion to a debate and pretending to have information that the vast majority of people who read the forum would like to be privy to. 

How do you know it's pretending? Sure if someone makes stuff up then what you say is true but dejo already named his source, didn't he.

If you heard something about Everton that you know would interest your fellow supporters, would you not pass it on? I know I would. Or maybe not because then someone would inevitably accuse me of making it up.

And as for opinions, they aren't all they're cracked up to be. 99% of what's being said here is worthless drivel and that goes for pretty much every single poster, myself included.

July 07, 2013, 03:52:55 AM
Reply #220

Mayor Farnum

If you heard something about Everton that you know would interest your fellow supporters, would you not pass it on?

No, I wouldnít. However, I am not ever likely to receive that kind of information. But my attitude stands.  Those who know donít feel the need to share. 

July 07, 2013, 04:34:49 AM
Reply #221

Major Clanger

No, I wouldnít. However, I am not ever likely to receive that kind of information. But my attitude stands.  Those who know donít feel the need to share.

But that's the attitude of an utter cunt. If at work I had a person with that attitude on my team, I'd get rid of them, no matter how much they know, cause they're just not worth the trouble they cause.

I may not be in the know about Everton but I do know a lot of other stuff and when I know something I suspect others are willing to know about, I'm quite happy to share. Not because I want them to admire me but because I genuinely believe it makes them happy.

Actually I heard a brilliant joke once that describes these kinds of situations. It was truly hilarious. I'm not going to tell you the joke but trust me, you'd piss yourself laughing if I did.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:37:27 AM by Major Clanger »

July 07, 2013, 04:44:18 AM
Reply #222

EighteenSeventyEight

not the best bit of info if its is a month since the first post is it so cant really complain that people are giving him stick so ?

July 07, 2013, 05:04:20 AM
Reply #223

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I shared my Baines info and people though I was lying, despite it being what most of us believe :(

July 07, 2013, 05:06:14 AM
Reply #224

Major Clanger

I shared my Baines info and people though I was lying, despite it being what most of us believe :(

Don't convey information, just chat bollocks and then defend it by saying it's only an opinion. :)