December 12, 2018, 03:17:37 PM

Author Topic: Baines deal as good as done  (Read 44257 times)

June 08, 2013, 05:02:02 PM
Read 44257 times

phillyt

I heard the opposite, that moyes tried to take him and he said he wanted to stay. As did jags. Fellaini said he didn't want to go with moyes. I dont think any of them will take much convincing to give martinez a season. Although felli may be sold as he is worth the most and was less commital than the others. Info came from ex  employee at FF/goodison who still speaks with people there.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

June 08, 2013, 06:53:43 PM
Reply #1

phillyt

Blargs, I got the impression it was more he didn't want to go with moyes. Although he is inclined to stay he is also happy enough if the club take the money for him. This was second hand info so I can't be saying I understood it 100% as it was meant.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

June 08, 2013, 07:52:16 PM
Reply #2

phillyt

This.

And I'd share Blarg's suspicions about them not goin there because of Moyes.

All 3 could have left us for CL clubs in the past 3-4 years. Why would they stay with a manager they dislike so much that they wouldn't sign for Utd because he's there?!
Baines and jags want to to stay at Everton. I was told this before martinez confirmed and jags was confirmed as captain.

It's felli that was more not wanting to follow moyes than stay at everton.  Moyes asking them and them all saying no was stated as fact to me. The rest I'm reading between the lines a bit.   They all do have the utmost respect for moyes but jags and baines are both in good places regards england, they are also aware of what happened with lescott when he went to city (regarding England) felli is happy at everton but would also be ok with a new challenge, maybe going with the same manager wouldn't represent that.  Again his international chances are not being harmed by him being here

June 08, 2013, 08:49:59 PM
Reply #3

phillyt

Not disputing what you were told mate; just can't see it being true!

Would Jags and Baines care about 5-10 more England caps in comparison to winning some medals, or at least the chance to win some and play in the CL?

Or if they do you'd have to question their ambition.

As I said; I'm not doubting you I'd just be very surprised if it were true.

The way I see it is showing loyalty to Everton. Not a lack of ambition, I suspect they also feel as many do that we are not too far off getting into the CL and are prepared to give martinez a chance. I have little doubt that should we be struggling come Christmas they would possibly start letting ambition overtake loyalty. But in a world cup year its fair to say both jags and baines careers are in a good place. That is why they want o stay.   The guy who told me isn't known for beingva blagger or wind up so in my mind at least those two are staying. The only reason I bought it up was to counter the original posters assertion that it was a done deal.

June 29, 2013, 11:05:39 PM
Reply #4

phillyt

Is it?

I've no idea whether your being sarcastic or not, but it's not something I'd ever do.

I regularly bet a couple of quid on the shite to win, on the face of it that is bad. But in reality im so fucking unlucky that if i bet on them to win its odds on they lose. So I'm doing a good thing. I did try the reverse with Everton once but it didn't work we got well beaten, so never again. I do bet for Everton when I go the match but normally silly odds bets. Closest I came was at home to spurs I had defoe to score first and us to win 3-2 with a few minutes to go we was 2 nil down ended up drawing 2 all stood to win about 300 quid on that but the gods of betting frowned upon my soul again, teasing me. The bastards.

August 15, 2013, 06:01:03 PM
Reply #5

phillyt

I still want my itk point on the other thread if baines and Felli stay.

September 03, 2013, 06:00:08 AM
Reply #6

phillyt

I heard the opposite, that moyes tried to take him and he said he wanted to stay. As did jags. Fellaini said he didn't want to go with moyes. I dont think any of them will take much convincing to give martinez a season. Although felli may be sold as he is worth the most and was less commital than the others. Info came from ex  employee at FF/goodison who still speaks with people there.

2/3 aint bad.  New contract for everyone's favourite mod rocker now please.

September 03, 2013, 07:03:38 AM
Reply #7

phillyt

There was someone on here who said Baines would stay and a new contract would be in the offing once the madness had ended.

Cant remember who tho, think it was some handsome bastard.

I said it first tho. :-)

That said if your source is as you say it is, its probably more reliable than mine.