November 20, 2017, 02:01:47 PM

Author Topic: Alcaraz - would you have him?  (Read 5318 times)

June 12, 2013, 08:23:57 PM
Reply #15

Major Clanger

Distin probably has one good year left at our current level and I absolutely agree we should look to the future of our central defence. I would be content with Alcaraz in the scenario where Heitinga leaves Everton and Martinez considers Duffy not quite ready or not good enough to challenge more regularly for a place alongside Jagielka in defence - we can't go through a season with just 2 experienced centre backs.

You really need 4 CBs to be reasonably safe, so even if Duffy features in Martinez's plans, if Heitinga goes, we need someone to come in.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

deCoubertin

June 12, 2013, 08:29:20 PM
Reply #16

ajax_andy

He had a good game in the cup final. If I ever get Wigan on random on pro evo he always starts for me.....I'M IN!

Haha I'm used to FM shouts about players, but Pro Evo?  :D

June 12, 2013, 08:31:25 PM
Reply #17

Scholar

There may be times when we play 3 at the back next season, Alcaraz has played that system

June 12, 2013, 08:31:52 PM
Reply #18

ajax_andy

You really need 4 CBs to be reasonably safe, so even if Duffy features in Martinez's plans, if Heitinga goes, we need someone to come in.

If he plays 3 at the back really we need 5 CB's overall to cover injuries.

Those saying if Heitinga goes etc... I want him to stay.  I think as the right sided CB in a 3 he'd be great.  He's very good on the ball and that 3 of Him, Jags in the middle of the 3 and Distin on the left of the 3 would have everything we'd need.

Remember despite having a bit of a shitty attitude (as with most Dutch players) and being crap most of the time, when he's made to feel wanted and played week in week out he's actually a very good player.  He just needs to play regularly and have good man management which I think El Berto will have with him
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:32:41 PM by ajax_andy »

June 12, 2013, 08:37:11 PM
Reply #19

Major Clanger

Fair point.

Although rather than playing 3 at the back, I'd much prefer to play the German model where one of the two central midfielders drops back into the defensive line as and when required.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

June 12, 2013, 09:56:12 PM
Reply #20

claimabstract

Thing is, I don't want a low life who spits at other players in an Everton shirt.
Francesco Totti has been known to spit at opponents.  Would you have taken him?

June 12, 2013, 10:08:39 PM
Reply #21

Cozzie

30 years old, Paraguay international (24 caps) and prem experience.

On a free can't really see this being a bad deal, as long as he IS only cover.

Like people have said, if we get him on a free and we get a decent fee for Heitinga it would represent good business.

June 12, 2013, 10:15:46 PM
Reply #22

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Thing is, I don't want a low life who spits at other players in an Everton shirt.

Would you rather have someone found guilty of drunk-driving and accused of assaulting a woman?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:28:40 PM by Verminator »
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 12, 2013, 10:21:03 PM
Reply #23

Shogun

Administrator
Would you rather have someone found guilty of drink-driving and accused of assaulting a woman?

Always confuses me that, he comes across as a nice humble guy in interviews!
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 12, 2013, 10:24:52 PM
Reply #24

charlatan

Always confuses me that, he comes across as a nice humble guy in interviews!

That and the fact he is so religious as well.

June 12, 2013, 10:29:39 PM
Reply #25

Cozzie

Perhaps GOD told him to do it?

June 12, 2013, 10:41:01 PM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Because religion is full of hypocrites. Remember Obama and Bush are Christians too...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

June 12, 2013, 10:47:27 PM
Reply #27

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Because religion is full of hypocrites. Remember Obama and Bush are Christians too...

Not sure we can afford them.

June 12, 2013, 10:50:06 PM
Reply #28

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

At the risk of being a) flamed to death b) shown to be ignorant, what have them 2 done that could be considered unchristian?

(and im working on the basis that most laws & bills over there are passed by the houses and not them as individuals. Also the wars embarked on by Bush was done based on intelligence given to him and Obama would have been reckless to just pull out on day one).

In fact, probably not the best forum for this.

June 12, 2013, 10:57:34 PM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Those saying if Heitinga goes etc... I want him to stay.  I think as the right sided CB in a 3 he'd be great.  He's very good on the ball and that 3 of Him, Jags in the middle of the 3 and Distin on the left of the 3 would have everything we'd need.

Remember despite having a bit of a shitty attitude (as with most Dutch players) and being crap most of the time, when he's made to feel wanted and played week in week out he's actually a very good player.  He just needs to play regularly and have good man management which I think El Berto will have with him

have i missed something? what's heitinga done to show he has a shitty attitude?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.