November 24, 2017, 09:57:58 AM

Author Topic: Alcaraz - would you have him?  (Read 5333 times)

June 13, 2013, 04:48:29 AM
Reply #60

marky v

And if you threw Gary Caldwell next to Jagielka then we'd probably have a shit defensive record too.

I thought he changed his name to Fucking Gary Caldwell!!!!!
(old thread jokes)

deCoubertin

June 13, 2013, 04:50:10 AM
Reply #61

marky v

On Alcaraz not seen enough to judge but i'd rather any money we have spent elsewhere, so i'm not concerned if he joins on a free

June 13, 2013, 04:58:01 AM
Reply #62

Les Trebilcock

On Alcaraz not seen enough to judge but i'd rather any money we have spent elsewhere, so i'm not concerned if he joins on a free

I'd agree with that - but (I know we're being linked with oodles of players - what's bollox? what's possible? - who can tell) the Mirror has us linked with Ashley Williams, aged 28 for £8m - is he worth it?

From what I've seen (on television), this fella' is quite accomplished - he reminds me of a better Dave Watson.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfers-swanseas-ashley-williams-1948268
You can take that to the bank.

June 13, 2013, 06:06:01 PM
Reply #63

ajax_andy

have i missed something? what's heitinga done to show he has a shitty attitude?

Sulks when he doesn't play week in week out which then impacts on his performances when he does play.  He hasn't come out and done anything overtly shitty publicly but his overall attitude stinks when he's not a number 1 pick at CB.  Nothing against him personally for that, he's Dutch and that's what they are like... but if you took Jags or Distin out of the 1st team they'd come back and fight for their place and give their all... Heitinga only plays like that if he's given a long run at CB and made to feel like the main man. 

I'm allowed to slag off the Dutch btw as my wife is Dutch and so I'm used to their sulky nature :D

June 13, 2013, 08:36:09 PM
Reply #64

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's also refused to play anywhere but centre back. He's a fucking moaning bellend.

Yes so am I