November 22, 2017, 01:34:38 PM

Author Topic: 1 week old sons 1st everton game  (Read 1897 times)

July 29, 2013, 07:59:51 PM
Reply #15

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Wow, these guys must have been really hell-bent on coming first in the A-Z of Europe. Eat your heart out, Aachen!

Nope they just lost to the internet... The real name i Åbenrå (Å being the last letter in the danish alphabet) but because of the need for danish cities to go on the internet Ålborg has become Aalborg Århus has become Aarhus and Åbenrå has become Aabenraa

deCoubertin

July 29, 2013, 10:01:45 PM
Reply #16

Major Clanger

Nope they just lost to the internet... The real name i Åbenrå (Å being the last letter in the danish alphabet) but because of the need for danish cities to go on the internet Ålborg has become Aalborg Århus has become Aarhus and Åbenrå has become Aabenraa

I knew "Aa" was the transliteration of "Å" but that it's the last letter of the alphabet is new to me. What a weird idea. :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

July 29, 2013, 10:15:39 PM
Reply #17

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I knew "Aa" was the transliteration of "Å" but that it's the last letter of the alphabet is new to me. What a weird idea. :)
Danes are weird... and don't like being number one ... So I guess Aabenraa is willing to let the germans win  ;)  Except for the 1992 final we only manage to beat the germans if we get help from outside (Thank you GB and US  :hail:)

July 29, 2013, 10:36:31 PM
Reply #18

School of Science

Congrats hope you both enjoyed it, " The circle of life begins " nice to start with a win. Just like me my lads first game was against the Arsenal invincibles and that Rooney goal.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15