November 20, 2017, 03:28:10 PM

Author Topic: Bilyaletdinov can be our Lampard  (Read 1746 times)

May 10, 2010, 02:19:36 AM
Read 1746 times

.Rimbo.

I think today's the reason why many of us want to see him tried behind the frontman.

He has proven he can hit them (today and vs. United), he's proven he can be a 'fox in the box' and has quick feet (vs. Birmingham) and he's proven he can latch on to them (Wolves, Villa etc).

He's a footballer in the true sense of the word and can hurt you in a lot of ways Cahill can't. When playing on the wing, he doesn't have the options that he does in the middle and can be quite isolated. (Look at Arteta, looks 4 times the player since coming into the middle).

Today just summed it up for me. He has to start behind the frontman next year, regardless of who that may be.

deCoubertin

May 10, 2010, 02:21:58 AM
Reply #1

gemine69

Got to agree with you.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

May 10, 2010, 02:23:16 AM
Reply #2

everton-4-ever

agree rimbo

he needs to be played where suits him he so obviously anit the wide man we hoped for but his touch is great as is his left peg .

one to watch next season ala fellani once moyes figures where he fits in he will be up and running
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

May 10, 2010, 02:25:04 AM
Reply #3

Padga

Agreed.

Cahill has been a legend, but Bily opens up so many other options. Would love to see him have a run in the team in that role. Have got visions of him turning into a Sheringham-type player for us (but with the bonus of being able to lash in a few from distance!)

Only visions mind  ;)

May 10, 2010, 02:28:00 AM
Reply #4

AidyEFC9

Is that where Bily was playing today, well when he came on, behind the striker?. I think his game would suit playing behind the striker cos he's got good feet, he's technically good, got an eye for a pass and we know he as got a great dig on him from distance.

He ain't a winger and never will be and will only play there if needs must but i want to see him used centrally.

May 10, 2010, 02:29:13 AM
Reply #5

Endless, Nameless

I agree, but wasn't he on the left today, so why do you use today as evidence? Did he cut inside a lot?

But yes, I'd like Pienaar on the left and Donovan on the right. Sadly I can't see us having either of those players next season, so Bily will probably be our first choice LM...
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

May 10, 2010, 02:29:32 AM
Reply #6

.Rimbo.

Is that where Bily was playing today, well when he came on, behind the striker?. I think his game would suit playing behind the striker cos he's got good feet, he's technically good, got an eye for a pass and we know he as got a great dig on him from distance.

He ain't a winger and never will be and will only play there if needs must but i want to see him used centrally.

No, he was on the right mate. But he hit it from the sort of range that you'd expect from someone playing behind the striker. It was about the same spot he hit the United one from, but Gwladys Street End.

May 10, 2010, 03:31:42 AM
Reply #7

Fern

The lad is sheer class and worth every penny we payed.

Marty Keane that sig image on wwf, was that a mistake in wrestling that he crashed into him like that?

May 10, 2010, 05:38:05 AM
Reply #8

AidyEFC9

No, he was on the right mate. But he hit it from the sort of range that you'd expect from someone playing behind the striker. It was about the same spot he hit the United one from, but Gwladys Street End.

Yeah, i saw it on football first mate, absolute quality, didn't even look where the goal was, he just instinctively curled it right in to the top corner, super finish by Bily!.

I think he'd do well playing off the striker and in front of Felli and Arteta, linking between those two and attack, Felli would break things up or receive off Johnny or Jags, play into Arteta in the middle of the park where he'll pull his strings and Bily will take it up from behind Yak or Saha and either feed those through balls, spray it wide or have a dig at goal with his sweet left peg.

If we can get a decent RW'er in this summer and a few squad fillers then i think we could very well have a good season next year, on today's performance I'm confident Hibbert could be are 1st choice RB next season in a back four of him, Johnny, Jags and Bainesy, have Felli sat infront of them screening with Arteta ahead of him, Pienaar out wide left, sign someone to play wide right, possibly Donovan or someone similar who's got pace and trickery about em and likes to get to touch line and whip crosses in and then either Cahill or Bily playing off Yak or Saha or a new signing?.

With everyone fit and the way were starting to play now, I'm confident we can do well because although were starting to play some decent stuff, we always know how to dig in and grind results out and that will stand us in good stead and we'll give the top 6 a real good go, maybe even top four depending on what happens transfer wise this summer?!

May 10, 2010, 05:39:41 AM
Reply #9

bluestevie

fern no that wasnt a mistake, it was a pretty awesome spot

back on topic i think it might be worth giving bily a go in that second striker role, maybe alternate with cahill at times
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

May 10, 2010, 05:43:44 AM
Reply #10

Connavar

I think he'll come good and would love to see him in that position. But until he does the kind of work off the ball that Cahill does, I'm afraid he'll be waiting a while.

May 10, 2010, 05:59:08 AM
Reply #11

Craig_1878

Agreed. To be considered Lampard's true equivalent though he would have to shag Adrian Chiles.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge