November 22, 2017, 03:26:19 AM

Author Topic: What effect will the new signings have on Osman and Naismith.  (Read 1139 times)

September 03, 2013, 06:44:41 PM
Read 1139 times

5yeararteta

What effect will the new signings have on Osman and Naismith.

For me i have been negative of the two over the years. Yet Osman had a good last season breaking into the England teams and finding some consistency for us, conversely Naismith had a shocker.....This year it seems they have switched roles, Naismith had a really good pre-season and hasn't done bad in the game he has come on as as sub, were as Osman i think has been really poor with people even suggesting we play Heitinga in his place.

With players such as Gibson - Barry - McCarthy - Mirallas - Barkley - Pienaar - Heitinga - Deulofeu competing for there places, i think they must be very worried with the about the amount of starts and game time they will get. 

Do you think Martinez will play them much or will they be limited to cup games? or can you see them moving on in the January transfer window?or do you rate them better than our other midfielders?

deCoubertin

September 03, 2013, 07:13:10 PM
Reply #1

hill135

With Barry and McCarthy in I expect them to be our first choice pairing - perhaps Gibson rotating in. Osman should be well down the pecking order in that part of the pitch now. He might play further up at the expense of Barkley, but I hope not as Osman rarely has a killer pass in him and shoots like a girl.

September 03, 2013, 07:16:10 PM
Reply #2

MmmBlueRamirez

With Barry and McCarthy in I expect them to be our first choice pairing - perhaps Gibson rotating in. Osman should be well down the pecking order in that part of the pitch now. He might play further up at the expense of Barkley, but I hope not as Osman rarely has a killer pass in him and shoots like a girl.

LOL made me laugh.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:16:38 PM by MmmBlueMirallas »
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 03, 2013, 07:24:38 PM
Reply #3

toffee_scot

We will always have a few injuries so Osman and Naismith will still feature a bit for us this season but competition will be fierce, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of our players move away in January and I think we could fetch 1.5m or so for Naismith.

I just hope that with all the new signings it doesn't affect Barkley's role in the team as I'd hate the thought of him being dropped to accommodate Osman.

September 03, 2013, 07:30:25 PM
Reply #4

CarlosAlberto

Judging by RM's comments re: Barkley, I doubt he will get dropped for Osman.

September 03, 2013, 07:31:24 PM
Reply #5

5yeararteta

We will always have a few injuries so Osman and Naismith will still feature a bit for us this season but competition will be fierce, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of our players move away in January and I think we could fetch 1.5m or so for Naismith.

I just hope that with all the new signings it doesn't affect Barkley's role in the team as I'd hate the thought of him being dropped to accommodate Osman.

Moyes would play super phil nev, hibbert and osman regardless of form were as Martinez has no loyalty to the new players, and can see clearly Barkley is twice the player of osman so i dont think that will happen ( i hope)

September 03, 2013, 07:32:14 PM
Reply #6

American Evertonian

As previously discussed Ossie will potentially become obsolete. However, things probably won't change for Naismith. He had played almost exclusively on the wing as a sub since his arrival so don't see that changing with any of the additions.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

September 03, 2013, 07:40:46 PM
Reply #7

Ridge

I'd expect the will be used less frequently, but I think you will also see an improvement in both.

Naismith seems to type of player to work very hard when given a challenge and works tirelessly. I think Osman has tended to play his best football when he has been used more sparingly. He works hard and will give effort, but he's the type of player that often plays better with more freedom and less reliance and responsibility.

We would probably consider moving them on if decent offers came in and we had replacements in mind, but I expect both to be valuable and improved members of the squad this season.

September 03, 2013, 07:41:38 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Judging by RM's comments re: Barkley, I doubt he will get dropped for Osman.

Not at the moment.

People need to remember though it's very hard for 19 year olds to keep up a high level of form in their first full season in the first team.

Osman will be useful in that role this season (when required) as his game is better in tight situations and when other players are much closer to him.

September 03, 2013, 07:46:07 PM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
They'll both be useful squad members, Osman probably won't now play as much as he has been, but I think Naismith will still get plenty runs out from the bench.

September 03, 2013, 08:19:15 PM
Reply #10

WiltshireBlue

They'll both be useful squad members, Osman probably won't now play as much as he has been, but I think Naismith will still get plenty runs out from the bench.

You're probably right about Naismith, but I'd much rather see Deulofeu have that role