November 20, 2017, 11:17:16 PM

Author Topic: Moyes has no idea when to bring subs on.  (Read 3049 times)

December 29, 2009, 12:39:35 AM
Read 3049 times

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

Vaughan came on today with ten minutes left  :hmph: 

deCoubertin

December 29, 2009, 12:41:05 AM
Reply #1

Toffee_for_life

Yeah and what a disaster that was  *insert pinnochio smile here*

December 29, 2009, 12:42:23 AM
Reply #2

Carmella

Vaughan came on today with ten minutes left  :hmph: 

Thank god it was 10 minutes left, its usually 2 or 3 minutes left before he brings someone on.

December 29, 2009, 12:43:25 AM
Reply #3

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

Thank god it was 10 minutes left, its usually 2 or 3 minutes left before he brings someone on.
Exactly

December 29, 2009, 12:43:41 AM
Reply #4

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure whether this post is supposed to be sarcastic or not?

December 29, 2009, 12:47:16 AM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah terrible choice to bring Vaughan on when he did, didn't work at all!  Have a go if we lose but how can you argue his decisions when we win with another good performance?

December 29, 2009, 12:50:09 AM
Reply #6

charlatan

Vaughan should have been on as soon as their player was red carded

December 29, 2009, 01:11:08 AM
Reply #7

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

I thought this and so did the lads sitting behind us. But alas, 3 points later im not as angry.

December 29, 2009, 01:20:25 AM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
"I didn't think we needed to make the change at the time because the players were playing so well..."

???
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 29, 2009, 01:36:07 AM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 29, 2009, 01:43:46 AM
Reply #10

Haile GAZrselassie

exactly. possibly even before that. we'd not broken burnley down up until that point and expecting someone to do that even with 15 minutes to go against ten men is risky at best.

go with 2 up top for half an hour and fucking grow a pair man.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 29, 2009, 01:52:30 AM
Reply #11

charlatan

I fear the man is afraid to attack sides.  His whole philosophy is "don't get beat" rather than going out to win.  This in my mind is why our record against the so called big four is utter shite, not because they are so much better than us, but because we go and roll over for for them year after year, with no idea what to do with his subs to change a game should things not go right.

December 29, 2009, 01:54:41 AM
Reply #12

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I fear the man is afraid to attack sides.  His whole philosophy is "don't get beat" rather than going out to win.  This in my mind is why our record against the so called big four is utter shite, not because they are so much better than us, but because we go and roll over for for them year after year, with no idea what to do with his subs to change a game should things not go right.

I agree with this to an extent.  However Nomorechang said in another thread that 10 mins was the maximum that Vaughan was capable of (and he's someone who does seem to know a fair bit about what's going on at EFC).  If this is the case then it would have been bad management to put him on earlier.

December 29, 2009, 01:57:34 AM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well according to the quote that I posted above, that contradicts nomorechang's theory.
- Walt Disney

December 29, 2009, 02:00:37 AM
Reply #14

charlatan

Possibly, but he usually does exactly the same when he has fit strikers on the bench anyway.  Speaking of which, does anyone know where our most unbrazillian-like brazillian was today?

Thought Fellaini, Heitinga, Pienaar, Billy until he tired, and Osman were excellent today.  Ossie looks like a different player in the centre, and is probably still only half fit. 

Wish the Tim Cahill we all know would show his face again tho :(