November 22, 2017, 05:21:20 PM

Author Topic: Fulham v Everton  (Read 34571 times)

September 22, 2013, 09:33:20 AM
Read 34571 times

Shogun

Administrator

Fulham FC v Everton FC
Craven Cottage (Capacity: 25, 700)
Tuesday 24th September 20:00
Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Fulham's last 5 matches:

Fulham 1-3 Arsenal (Bent)
Burton 2-2 Fulham (4-5 pens) - League Cup (Taraabt, Rodallega)
Newcastle 1-0 Fulham
Fulham 1-1 West Brom (Sidwell)
Chelsea 2-0 Fulham

Everton's last 5 matches:

Everton 0-0 West Brom
Everton 2-1 Stevenage - League Cup (Deulofeu, Fellaini)
Cardiff 0-0 Everton
Everton 1-0 Chelsea (Naismith)
West Ham 2-3 Everton (Baines x2, Lukaku)

Fulham

Possible Starting XI:

-----------------------------Stockdale--------------------------------
-----Riether----Hangeland-----------Amorebieta---Richardson----
-----------------------Parker--------Sidwell--------------------------
---------------Duff-----------Kasami--------Kacaniklic--------------
--------------------------------Bent-----------------------------------

There are a few injuries concerns in the Fulham squad at this time. Dimitar Berbatov missed out on the defeat to Chelsea on Saturday Evening but could be available on Tuesday Night. Aaron Hughes and Bryan Ruiz will both miss out through injury whilst summer signing goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg is also likely to need a further week to recover from an injury he picked up on the opening day of the season.

Fulham are currently 18th in the Premier League and could be as low as 19th should Crystal Palace gain a point or more in their game against Swansea on Sunday. Since they picked up 3 points at the stadium of light on the opening day they've picked up just 1 point out of a possible 12. Their last home game against West Brom ended in a 1-1 draw as Fulham conceded an injury time equaliser. No team has scored less goals than Fulham in the Premier League.

They struggled in the previous round as they fielded a less than full strength team away to  League Two outfit Burton Albion. The Premier League side struggled to dominate the game and conceded an 85th minute equaliser to take the game to extra time. Fulham went behind in the 102nd minute before Rodallega seized an equaliser 3 minutes from the end to salvage a penalty shoot out which they won without missing a penalty 5-4.

Everton

Possible Starting XI:

--------------------------------Joel-----------------------------------
-----Coleman----Jagielka-----------Stones--------Baines----------
---------------------McCarthy-------Barry---------------------------
------------Deulofeu---------Barkley--------Oviedo-----------------
--------------------------------Lukaku--------------------------------

It's difficult to predict what team Martinez will send out against Fulham. He made 8 changes in the last round but that was at home to League One Stevenage. Joel is likely to continue in goal whilst John Stones could be elected in a solid back 4. Heitinga was utilised in the last round though Gareth Barry and James McCarthy weren't options then. Deulofeu played the full game and could feature again. Naismith and Jelavic may play some part but Lukaku could start to gain some more playing time as the next Premier League game isn't until Monday. Darron Gibson, Antolin Alcaraz, Arouna Kone, Steven Pienaar and Leon Osman are unlikely to play any part through injury.

The last meeting between the two ended in a 1-0 victory to Everton as Steven Pienaar scored in the penultimate home game of last season.

The last game between the two sides at Craven Cottage ended 2-2 with Fellaini giving Everton a 2-1 lead only for Fulham to equalise in injury time.

The last cup game where these clubs met was decided by a Fellaini header after Denis Stracqualursi opened his account for the blues in the 11-12 season. Everton 2-1 Fulham

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 22, 2013, 02:35:57 PM
Reply #1

Blake

Fulham made a few change last round, but I would say it was still a strong side from their point of view.

I wouldn't want to guess our XI & bench. Lots of options currently. Think it'll be too early for Alcaraz or Pienaar but the following will all have individual cases to be involved (not that I think they will all start)

Robles

Hibbert  Stones  Heitinga  Oviedo

Gibson  McCarthy

??????  ??????  Deulofeu

Kone

I'd guess Gibson & Kone will have to put up with a place on the bench, if deemed fit enough. McCarthy will get his first start. I'd expect Robles & Deulofeu to start. Stones, Heitinga & Hibbert will all expect to be involved as some point - not sure they'll all start.

Lukaku my miss out due to his bump on the head (just a guess?)

Not sure we'll see many goals, especially if we make a few changes. 1 nil to us (Deulofeo).

September 22, 2013, 03:23:06 PM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If Berbatov and Ruiz are out we should batter these. I think Heitinga, Kone, Robles and Deulofeu might come in

September 22, 2013, 03:44:51 PM
Reply #3

Trublue

I think Lukaku may sit Tuesday out after banging his head.

September 22, 2013, 06:59:53 PM
Reply #4

Blake

If Berbatov and Ruiz are out we should batter these. I think Heitinga, Kone, Robles and Deulofeu might come in

Both expected back for them apparently

September 22, 2013, 07:03:47 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd forgotten all about Fellaini.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 22, 2013, 07:08:51 PM
Reply #6

Simon Paul

Administrator
that Pienaar goal was some of the best football we played last season, flowing and wonderful to watch

September 22, 2013, 07:15:45 PM
Reply #7

Juanito

Joel
                      Hibbert                 Stones                  Hietinga               Oviedo

McCarthy            Gibson

Deulofeu                         Naismith                  Kone

Lukaku

September 22, 2013, 07:18:03 PM
Reply #8

sharpattack

Joel

Lukaku
Hibbert PMSL
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

September 22, 2013, 07:41:47 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
                                                                 Joel

Lukaku

We'd be making an early exit with that team.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 22, 2013, 07:45:09 PM
Reply #10

DannyR

I'm going to this one,  shall be interesting to see who we play

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

September 22, 2013, 08:06:17 PM
Reply #11

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
something ive never understood about Fulham, where is the away end? and why is that stand on the right always seemingly mixed? you can see some celebratng and others not. i dont get it...
I have to return some videotapes.

September 22, 2013, 08:11:00 PM
Reply #12

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
something ive never understood about Fulham, where is the away end? and why is that stand on the right always seemingly mixed? you can see some celebratng and others not. i dont get it...

The away end is the stand behind the goal and to the left of the goal...the other half of the stand is a neutral end with no segregation between the two.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:12:11 PM by Eddie »
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

September 22, 2013, 08:32:18 PM
Reply #13

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
ah that explains a lot thanks :) no wonder it seems mixed, as it is ha.

x
I have to return some videotapes.

September 22, 2013, 09:47:52 PM
Reply #14

MmmBlueRamirez

I'm going to this one,  shall be interesting to see who we play

I could be wrong but I think its Fulham.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama