17 (34%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Stones (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle  (Read 29468 times)

September 26, 2013, 01:08:23 AM
Read 29468 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Newcastle United
Goodison Park
Monday 30th September 20:00
Premier League Match 6

Everton's last 5 matches 13/14:

Everton 2-1 Stevenage - League Cup (Deulofeu, Fellaini)
Cardiff 0-0 Everton
Everton 1-0 Chelsea (Naismith)
West Ham 2-3 Everton (Baines x2, Lukaku)
Fulham 2-1 Everton - League cup (Naismith)

Newcastle's last 5 matches 13/14:

Morecambe 0-2 Newcastle - League Cup (Sh. Ameobi, Sa. Ameobi)
Newcastle 1-0 Fulham (Ben Arfa)
Aston Villa 1-2 Newcastle (Ben Arfa, Gouffran)
Newcastle 2-3 Hull (Remy x2)
Newcastle 2-0 Leeds - League Cup (Cisse, Gouffran)

Everton

Although still unbeaten in the league, Martinez suffered his first defeat on Tuesday night in the third round of the Capital One Cup away to Fulham. Fortunately, 8 changes were made to the starting line up meaning most players should be fresh for Monday Night against Newcastle United. Darron Gibson returned from injury meaning the only doubts to feature against the Magpies are Leon Osman, Antolin Alcaraz and Steven Pienaar. Everton go into this game 6th place in the league and 3 points from top.

This shall be the 165th meeting between the two clubs and ominously, should Everton lose by 1 goal then Win/Loss and Goals For/Against will be equal.

Newcastle

Possible starting XI:

-------------------------------Krul------------------------------------
----Debuchy------Coloccini--------Yanga-Mbiwa-----Santon----
---------------Sissoko-------Anita-------Cabaye--------------------
---Ben Arfa------------------Cisse-------------------Remy----------

Newcastle will play Leeds in the Capital One Cup in about an hours time from when I'm writing this, thus I'm going to predict a 2-1 defeat with Cisse the goalscorer for Newcastle. Newcastle have won twice in the league this season like Everton with victories against Fulham (1-0) at home and away to Aston Villa (2-1). However they have also lost 2 games having been thumped by Manchester City away from home on the opening day (4-0) and in contrast, losing 3-2 to Hull City last weekend at home, despite taking the lead twice.

Only 3 Newcastle players have registered either an assist or goal in the league this season. Everton have twice as many.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:21:49 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 26, 2013, 01:22:17 AM
Reply #1

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I'm praying we twat these as I really despise them.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

September 26, 2013, 01:23:52 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't realise our records were so close.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 26, 2013, 01:27:10 AM
Reply #3

The Analog Kid

Can't stand Newcastle/geordies meself. Hate Pardew and Kinnear even more.

It's not very often we lose night games at the Old Lady, so here's hoping we get back to winning ways on Monday.

September 26, 2013, 02:41:00 AM
Reply #4

Dr. Sponge

I'm expecting a 3-2... Hopefully in our favour.

September 26, 2013, 03:38:50 AM
Reply #5

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Would like to see Deulofeu get a start ahead of Naismith but I can't see it happening..
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 26, 2013, 03:45:13 AM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
Would like to see Deulofeu get a start ahead of Naismith but I can't see it happening..
My Deulofeu dislike aside, it'd be suicide playing him and Mirallas whilst Ben Arfa is on one of the wings.

September 26, 2013, 03:57:21 AM
Reply #7

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
My Deulofeu dislike aside, it'd be suicide playing him and Mirallas whilst Ben Arfa is on one of the wings.

You just hate anyone who's competition for Naismith :)

September 26, 2013, 04:02:14 AM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
You just hate anyone who's competition for Naismith :)

Apart from Pienaar that is true!

September 26, 2013, 04:03:51 AM
Reply #9

5yeararteta

Why? I hate teams that set up with one hard working winger and one with flair. England do it with James Milner and makes me maddddd.... We have two great full backs and two defensive midfielders they can deal with him

September 26, 2013, 04:04:35 AM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I'd have Naismith starting above Delofew anyday like. As shit as he is you need your Naismith type players.

September 26, 2013, 04:05:25 AM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Why? I hate teams that set up with one hard working winger and one with flair. England do it with James Milner and makes me maddddd.... We have two great full backs and two defensive midfielders they can deal with him

Naismith always offers a goal threat as well

September 26, 2013, 04:10:07 AM
Reply #12

5yeararteta

Naismith always offers a goal threat as well

The blokes falls over, passing is awful he can't beat a man. And gives away far to many fouls. The barca lad is in a different league to him. His descion making can be improved but his only 19 and offers a much bigger threat than Naismith.

September 26, 2013, 04:11:55 AM
Reply #13

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The blokes falls over, passing is awful he can't beat a man. And gives away far to many fouls. The barca lad is in a different league to him. His descion making can be improved but his only 19 and offers a much bigger threat than Naismith.

Of course he miles better than Naismith, no denying that, but surely you can see all the positives Naismith offers as well?

September 26, 2013, 04:12:48 AM
Reply #14

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Of course he miles better than Naismith, no denying that, but surely you can see all the positives Naismith offers as well?

I can, I just long to see Deulofeu, Barkley and Mirallas playing behind Lukaku...
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."