1 (2.1%)
Gibson (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 29264 times)

October 05, 2013, 01:17:13 AM
Reply #45

evertonjoe

Pantilimon could devour our players, so I'll opt for Hart.

R.A.P Music

October 05, 2013, 01:37:21 AM
Reply #46

Jimbo and the Jetset

Pantyliner...What's the difference, really. He's their Mucha.
fixed.
Life as an Evertonian isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

October 05, 2013, 02:00:59 AM
Reply #47

blueski

i think same starting 11 and strategy as against Chelsea but McCarthy for Barry to be honest blueski, what do you reckon
yes probably, can't see deloufeu starting in a big away fixture like this but he will will no doubt come on late

assuming gibbos not fit, probably ossie and mccarthy in the middle, but to be honest ossie will have a hard time coping if you ask me

he could drop ossie for heitinga and play 2 banks of 4 and look to score on the break or he could play them straight up and try to possess the ball

for me, this was my biggest criticism of him as a manager at wigan; there were times when it seemed he would persist in trying to possess the ball instead of playing with more negative tactics when in fact negative tactics might have gotten him a result

if mirallas and gibson are indeed out it seems on paper at least like some tactical changes are needed and maybe its not wise to play a passing game in our half
Nil Satis

October 05, 2013, 03:41:05 AM
Reply #48

Thornton_19

I really think we'll beat these tomorrow!

October 05, 2013, 05:29:04 AM
Reply #49

hill135

As for me, I bet we see Naismith on one wing, particularly with our midfield injuries.

I could see us coming out with a 5-4-1 formation for this, with Heitinga sweeping. If Mirallas and Gibson both miss out:
                            Howard
          Jagielka     Heitinga      Distin
Coleman                                        Baines
                           McCarthy
                Osman             Naismith
                            Barkley
                            Lukaku

Osman and Naismith, despite their limitations, will both track back into wide areas when needed. With Gibson out and Barry ineligible, we don't have many options in the centre. Pienaar and Mirallas both injured would force us to play a bit more narrow, as I doubt Deulofeu is ready for a full 90 with the defensive responsibilities he'd have to pull for Man City away.

I suspect Mirallas makes it, though, perhaps in place of Osman or Heitinga.

I think we might see something along the lines of what you've outlined here. Given Pellegrini's preference for 4-4-2 (of some sort), I can see us going 3-5-2. We know Martinez likes this formation, and this is how Wigan lined up in the FA cup final. This would give us a spare man at the back and allow us to outnumber them in midfield. Might be vulnerable on our left flank as Navas gives them some serious width.

October 05, 2013, 05:43:14 AM
Reply #50

American Evertonian

If this was Moyes we would probably go and continue our great run against Man City, home AND away

Let's remember he was coaching against Sparky for a fair few of those (and Mancini - whom I don't rate too highly)
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 05, 2013, 05:46:23 AM
Reply #51

American Evertonian

I think we might see something along the lines of what you've outlined here. Given Pellegrini's preference for 4-4-2 (of some sort), I can see us going 3-5-2. We know Martinez likes this formation, and this is how Wigan lined up in the FA cup final. This would give us a spare man at the back and allow us to outnumber them in midfield. Might be vulnerable on our left flank as Navas gives them some serious width.

Do you see us using the the line-up Outworlder predicted or something a bit different? Personally I wouldn't mind if we went with....

Howard
                    Tina        Jags       Distin
Coleman                                             Baines
                    McCarthy       Osman
                               Barkley
                    Kone                  Lukaku

October 05, 2013, 07:58:00 AM
Reply #52

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think Martinez has the ability to go there and tactically out think Pellegrini. Im expecting a few surprises in how we set up tomorrow.

October 05, 2013, 09:00:14 AM
Reply #53

Shogun

Administrator
Win by 4 goals and we go top temporarily ;D
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 05, 2013, 12:45:49 PM
Reply #54

American Evertonian

Win by 4 goals and we go top temporarily ;D

I see you sir...Your glass looks half-full

October 05, 2013, 01:33:50 PM
Reply #55

oscar

Think stones may play in a back three

October 05, 2013, 02:15:00 PM
Reply #56

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think stones may play in a back three

If it was a straight decision for a defensive position I'd agree.

However I think if he puts Heitinga in there we can switch between 3-4-3 to 4-1-2-3; 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 pretty seamlessly with just a few tweaks e.g. Heitinga just moving up from the middle of the 3 into a DM role of some description.

We can even do it based on whether we're in/out of posession.

I think the formation of 4-1-2-3 would also allow Osman to drift to the left (when we don't have possession) to help Baines out. With Heitinga as the 1 we wouldn't be exposed though the middle.

October 05, 2013, 02:53:39 PM
Reply #57

oscar

think with stones we can play all of the above, could also play him at full back and move coleman into midfield were he would give glichy lots of problems.although i prefer him making his runs fro deep

October 05, 2013, 05:19:24 PM
Reply #58

DannyR

If we win 3-0, we go top of the leauge!
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

October 05, 2013, 05:32:29 PM
Reply #59

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully awful twitter rumour of the day :

Midfield of Oviedo osman McCarthy naismith

:-[

Simply simply lovely