1 (2.1%)
Gibson (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Kone (Sub)
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 52908 times)

October 05, 2013, 05:29:04 AM
Read 52908 times

hill135

As for me, I bet we see Naismith on one wing, particularly with our midfield injuries.

I could see us coming out with a 5-4-1 formation for this, with Heitinga sweeping. If Mirallas and Gibson both miss out:
                            Howard
          Jagielka     Heitinga      Distin
Coleman                                        Baines
                           McCarthy
                Osman             Naismith
                            Barkley
                            Lukaku

Osman and Naismith, despite their limitations, will both track back into wide areas when needed. With Gibson out and Barry ineligible, we don't have many options in the centre. Pienaar and Mirallas both injured would force us to play a bit more narrow, as I doubt Deulofeu is ready for a full 90 with the defensive responsibilities he'd have to pull for Man City away.

I suspect Mirallas makes it, though, perhaps in place of Osman or Heitinga.

I think we might see something along the lines of what you've outlined here. Given Pellegrini's preference for 4-4-2 (of some sort), I can see us going 3-5-2. We know Martinez likes this formation, and this is how Wigan lined up in the FA cup final. This would give us a spare man at the back and allow us to outnumber them in midfield. Might be vulnerable on our left flank as Navas gives them some serious width.

October 05, 2013, 08:25:51 PM
Reply #1

hill135

Mark Halsey has disagreed with everything Moss has done today. Goes to show how biased he's been as so far this season Halsey hasn't had a bad word to say about any ref.

October 05, 2013, 09:34:42 PM
Reply #2

hill135

It's difficult enough playing away from home against one of the most expensively assembled teams in world football as it is, but the ref had a shocker. Every time he had to make a decision it went their way. He completely bottled it in front of the home crowd.

Positives for us are that Lukaku scored again, and McCarthy played rather well.

October 06, 2013, 12:35:56 AM
Reply #3

hill135

Edit:  Also, thank god for McCarthy.  What a cool mofo.  His passing rate had to be above 80%.

87% mate!