0 (0%)
Pienaar (Sub)
2 (3.7%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Everton v Hull City  (Read 38126 times)

October 19, 2013, 11:19:49 PM
Reply #330

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
So your not insinuating we'd have been getting beat, ok.

Its not hard to understand what I meant mate, it really isnt.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 19, 2013, 11:21:38 PM
Reply #331

MmmblueBernard

Ugly game. Some nice goals. 3 points.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 19, 2013, 11:21:39 PM
Reply #332

Shogun

Administrator
We didn't play brilliantly but considering only Bayern Munich had more players on international duty than us then it's a decent win.

Not sure how we faired last season after international breaks but I think we lost to Reading after one.

October 19, 2013, 11:23:42 PM
Reply #333

Danny

Think we'll win this 3-1 but it'll be scrappy as fuck again, Hull have been pretty impressive so far.

Kone ruining my predictions.

October 19, 2013, 11:25:57 PM
Reply #334

bacon sarnie

Kone ruining my predictions.

He saved mine the gozzy cunt.

October 19, 2013, 11:31:19 PM
Reply #335

bluegrant

Stevens back,McCarthy,barry i think its time for Ossie to warm the bench

October 19, 2013, 11:31:30 PM
Reply #336

Bluedylan

Some people over-stating the 'poor performance', imo. Both CBs were shaky to say the least, Ossie was a passenger mostly, and we were a liability defending set pieces (although they were a much bigger side, so that was inevitable to some extent with good delivery).

But we had plenty of chances, managed the game really well from 70mins onward, 66% of possession, 13 shots to 10 and 6 shots on target to 1.

The Prem is incredibly tight this year, and given all the internationals we've got, that was a competent performance for me, with some dodgy defending from us and wasteful finishing at 2-1 up to kill the game.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 19, 2013, 11:33:50 PM
Reply #337

blueski

thought mccarthy and barry put in gritty performances, mistakes from both at times but impressive the way they are able to put in a hard tacking shift when required and play a pretty passing game when required

our CM play is vastly improved from last season IMO
Nil Satis

October 19, 2013, 11:34:18 PM
Reply #338

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I thought we were comfortable for the most part, apart from set pieces did they ever cause a threat?

We dominated possession and shots on goal, could of easily been 4 if Kone scored and Barkley fucking passed.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 19, 2013, 11:35:30 PM
Reply #339

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Thought defensively we were crap today. Jags and Distin not at their best. Barkley not great today but he's going to have games like that.

On the plus side thought it was Mirallas's best game this season and Mc Carthy and Barry are boss.

October 19, 2013, 11:36:02 PM
Reply #340

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Our defending from corners was ridiculous, perhaps we just didn't have enough time to prepare for this game but we were lucky they didn't score from one considering how many free headers they had.

October 19, 2013, 11:36:58 PM
Reply #341

blueski

I thought we were comfortable for the most part, apart from set pieces did they ever cause a threat?

We dominated possession and shots on goal, could of easily been 4 if Kone scored and Barkley fucking passed.
we didn't really have an answer for faye in the air who also did a nice job on lukaku on the defensive end

Nil Satis

October 19, 2013, 11:48:40 PM
Reply #342

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

Well, there was the goal and Graham's early chance that he dithered too much with, but as you say, the main concern should be set-pieces. We're shocking trying to defend corners, we definitely need to work on that in training.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 20, 2013, 12:06:04 AM
Reply #343

Simon Paul

Administrator
I liked the retro stuff on the big screen today

the subuteo set naming the players was brilliant!

October 20, 2013, 12:26:37 AM
Reply #344

Simon Paul

Administrator
also, Naismith's first pass was behind Leighton Baines - the groan was way too loud

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but that's just not needed is it?