0 (0%)
Pienaar (Sub)
2 (3.7%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Everton v Hull City  (Read 38218 times)

October 19, 2013, 09:55:01 PM
Reply #165

Gash

Global Moderator
Pienaar for Osman (need an attacking gamble), Stones for...somebody.  Have to save the third sub in case Pienaar or Lukaku can't finish.

Why would he bring on Pienaar if there's a chance he'd then have to sub the sub? That would be another complete waste of a substitution.

October 19, 2013, 09:55:25 PM
Reply #166

bluestevie

Poor half defensively, Hull deserve a lot of credit for not lying down after the opener. Possibly lucky to still have 11 on the pitch, poorer refs might have sent Barry off for the follow through. A kick up the arse from Roberto at half time should do the trick though we have plenty of options on the bench if needed
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

October 19, 2013, 09:55:42 PM
Reply #167

Thom

Administrator
Frustrating to see that Hull's best efforts are coming from our own mistakes. Granted, they're pressing us well but some of our decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

I wouldn't take Lukaku off. He's not getting the service into feet that he needs, and if we do that in the second half we'll have that platform to hold the ball in the final third more.

The team certainly needing a talking to from Martinez, that's for sure.

October 19, 2013, 09:56:25 PM
Reply #168

Bluedylan

Let's not be too down about it. As Samwise rightly says, we'll looked a bit disjointed and maybe leggy from the international break, and Hull have come and had a real go.

Hull have had the better chances and if you supported them you'd be thinking 'we needed to get ahead while Everton were a bit all over the place', which they haven't. I expect a better second half and still think we'll win.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:57:35 PM by Bluedylan »
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 19, 2013, 09:56:32 PM
Reply #169

toffee_scot

Hopefully that was just our "bad 45 minutes", glad it is half time so Martinez can address a couple of issues including the defence and some sloppy play, I'm annoyed that Barry has been booked so early, he might not be quite as effective now as he has to be more cautious.

October 19, 2013, 09:57:28 PM
Reply #170

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Frustrating to see that Hull's best efforts are coming from our own mistakes. Granted, they're pressing us well but some of our decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

I wouldn't take Lukaku off. He's not getting the service into feet that he needs, and if we do that in the second half we'll have that platform to hold the ball in the final third more.

I wouldn't take him off either, but the ball isn't sticking to him as usual at the moment.

October 19, 2013, 09:57:59 PM
Reply #171

cantoffee

Both Jags and Distin have been poor today, Osman not at the races either.

I doubt Pienaar will come on so soon but I think RM may bring Naismith on so he can give us some energy.

Lukaku no doubt will be absolutely exhausted after 65 minutes so we might end up needing a good performance from Kone.

October 19, 2013, 09:59:07 PM
Reply #172

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Mcarthey has looked fucking brilliant.

Jags and Distin not so much.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 19, 2013, 10:00:04 PM
Reply #173

gwells

Pretty average performance, Barkley, Barry and McCarthy best players. Defence is shaky both Jags and Distin pretty disappointing. Howard doesn't give me any confidence, never comes for crosses, has nobody on the posts for corners. baines at fault for goal should have kicked the fucker out for a corner. lets hope it improves.

October 19, 2013, 10:01:07 PM
Reply #174

Craig_1878

If we cut out our sloppy play, we should have enough to see these off. They can'y keep pressing like they have been, we just have to be patient and wait for our chance.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

October 19, 2013, 10:02:04 PM
Reply #175

blob

exactly.

he needs some decent service before deciding to bin him. a replacement wouldn't see much of the ball either at this rate, so would be equally ineffective.

October 19, 2013, 10:02:28 PM
Reply #176

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 19, 2013, 10:02:54 PM
Reply #177

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Is Steve81 dead?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 19, 2013, 10:04:01 PM
Reply #178

Ross

Is Steve81 dead?

A team scoring against us saw him off, poor bugger he would have loved the second half
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 19, 2013, 10:04:30 PM
Reply #179

hill135

McCarthy has indeed been brilliant. He has great awareness of what's going on around him.