0 (0%)
Pienaar (Sub)
2 (3.7%)
Kone (Sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Everton v Hull City  (Read 38387 times)

October 20, 2013, 12:27:14 AM
Reply #345

Thornton_19

McCarthy today was fantastic. Easily MOTM. Its all about putting points on the board so i can't really complain much knowing we won.

October 20, 2013, 12:29:58 AM
Reply #346

bluestevie

Who was doing the tannoy at the game? Sounded worse than Rossy and that's some achievement
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

October 20, 2013, 12:30:06 AM
Reply #347

cantoffee

also, Naismith's first pass was behind Leighton Baines - the groan was way too loud

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but that's just not needed is it?

Yea I thought that was way over the top, especially given how many players misplaced passes today and avoided the same loud groans.

October 20, 2013, 12:31:38 AM
Reply #348

Evertonian in NC

We didn't play brilliantly but considering only Bayern Munich had more players on international duty than us then it's a decent win.

Not sure how we faired last season after international breaks but I think we lost to Reading after one.

This reminded me a lot of last year's Reading game.  But instead of 0 points, we made a great tactical sub, scored a beautiful goal, then managed to grind out the 3 points we had to have.

To me, this is the perfect microcosm of the positive change to RM.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 20, 2013, 12:35:40 AM
Reply #349

Simon Paul

Administrator
Yea I thought that was way over the top, especially given how many players misplaced passes today and avoided the same loud groans.

Barry, Jagielka, Distin, and Barkley to name a few

it was the lad's first pass of the game as well.  give him a chance before ripping into him at least!

October 20, 2013, 12:38:29 AM
Reply #350

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This reminded me a lot of last year's Reading game.  But instead of 0 points, we made a great tactical sub, scored a beautiful goal, then managed to grind out the 3 points we had to have.

To me, this is the perfect microcosm of the positive change to RM.

Agreed. This game reminded me of a lot of games last season where we dropped stupid points, due to many factors, but one of the main ones being Moyes reluctance to make a change before 70 minutes.

West Ham and now today Martinez has made early subs and we've gone onto win the game, he see's the danger and reacts to it, whereas under Moyes he would just stick with it and see what happens, then make the changes when we inevitably conceded a goal. 
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 20, 2013, 12:38:34 AM
Reply #351

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Barry, Jagielka, Distin, and Barkley to name a few

it was the lad's first pass of the game as well.  give him a chance before ripping into him at least!

It's Pienaar's fault, he set the bar too high for first touches.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 20, 2013, 12:46:45 AM
Reply #352

Simon Paul

Administrator
It's Pienaar's fault, he set the bar too high for first touches.

hahaha!  could be!

says a lot when even I'm feeling sorry for Naismith though!

October 20, 2013, 01:05:23 AM
Reply #353

Shogun

Administrator
Be interesting to watch MOTD.

I thought Barry was lucky to stay on the pitch as was whoever it was who clattered Jagielka and Huddlestone had a studs up challenge on McCarthy I think.

October 20, 2013, 01:08:45 AM
Reply #354

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

I thought Barry was lucky to stay on the pitch as was whoever it was who clattered Jagielka and Huddlestone had a studs up challenge on McCarthy I think.

It would've been a very unfortunate red card. He went for the ball, he got the ball, his studs slipped on the top of the ball and he clattered into the lad accidentally. The one on Jagielka was far worse, it was nowhere near the ball.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 20, 2013, 01:10:04 AM
Reply #355

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't think the Barry tackle was a red. It looked to me like he went for the ball his boot hit the top third of the ball and skid up and over hitting the player, I haven't seen a replay yet though. It was clumsy but I don't think that was a red. Whereas Sagbo didn't even get a yellow for the tackle on Jagielka.

October 20, 2013, 01:31:51 AM
Reply #356

Gash

Global Moderator

Second last we are, second fucking last!! Second last only to Stoke 0-0 West Brom, which makes us the equivalent of being last anyway because no one gives a fuck about Stoke v West Brom. And the shite are second, fucking second, the media love the shite, if I wasn't so annoyed I'd start a fucking thread about this.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:33:09 AM by Gary. »

October 20, 2013, 01:35:30 AM
Reply #357

Trowel

Second last we are, second fucking last!! Second last only to Stoke 0-0 West Brom, which makes us the equivalent of being last anyway because no one gives a fuck about Stoke v West Brom. And the shite are second, fucking second, the media love the shite, if I wasn't so annoyed I'd start a fucking thread about this.
To be fair our game was shit, while elsewhere there were a lot of better ones. Even Liverpool's.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

October 20, 2013, 01:39:32 AM
Reply #358

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair our game was shit, while elsewhere there were a lot of better ones. Even Liverpool's.

I think Gary is being satirical.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

October 20, 2013, 01:41:27 AM
Reply #359

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's partially about the opposition too. If we were playing a more glamourous team it would've helped. But in fairness, the game wasn't the best and there were more goals in  those others games before us with the exception of the Man Utd game but that was always going to be ahead of us as it's continuing the narrative of Man United struggling.