November 25, 2017, 12:00:37 PM

Author Topic: Heitinga vs. Mascherano  (Read 4555 times)

May 12, 2010, 05:15:25 AM
Reply #15

Sprooly

World class??

yeah world class

deCoubertin

May 12, 2010, 05:17:41 AM
Reply #16

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

May 12, 2010, 05:21:07 AM
Reply #17

.Rimbo.

cmon lads i hate the guy too but he is world class

lolol Now that's what I call absurd.

May 12, 2010, 05:22:00 AM
Reply #18

Sprooly

Doubt that

every pundit in the world that ive heard rates him and thats why there is constant talk of him going to barca for 30 mill

the guy is class

May 12, 2010, 05:25:12 AM
Reply #19

.Rimbo.

every pundit in the world that ive heard rates him and thats why there is constant talk of him going to barca for 30 mill

the guy is class

And you just swallow all these opinions of the pundits up. I honestly don't know what all of them people see in him, because I certainly don't see it.

He's a good holding midfielder and a good international. When I see people call him world class and top class etc. I go mad, especially when people (mainly Kopites) put him in their World XIs etc. Absolute bollocks.

May 12, 2010, 05:27:27 AM
Reply #20

Sprooly

And you just swallow all these opinions of the pundits up. I honestly don't know what all of them people see in him, because I certainly don't see it.

He's a good holding midfielder and a good international. When I see people call him world class and top class etc. I go mad, especially when people (mainly Kopites) put him in their World XIs etc. Absolute bollocks.
although he cant pass for shit, his defensive qualities are amazing

May 12, 2010, 05:28:25 AM
Reply #21

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

the guy is class

The same pundits that would put Rooney (although a class player) on the same level as Messi? The same pundits that put Gerrard and Lampard on the same level as Xavi and Iniesta?

May 12, 2010, 05:30:34 AM
Reply #22

Sprooly

The same pundits that would put Rooney (although a class player) on the same level as Messi? The same pundits that put Gerrard and Lampard on the same level as Xavi and Iniesta?
yeah those same pundits

May 12, 2010, 05:31:03 AM
Reply #23

evertonjoe

So he's Tony Hibbert?

R.A.P Music

May 12, 2010, 05:31:03 AM
Reply #24

.Rimbo.

His defensive qualities are acceptable. How are they 'amazing'?

May 12, 2010, 05:32:53 AM
Reply #25

Amata

He is one of the best at what he does which is break up the play (by any means) and give it simple. Heitinga may get there but right now theres no comparison.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

May 12, 2010, 05:33:08 AM
Reply #26

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
yeah those same pundits

Keep listening to them then mate if thats how you form your opinions.

So he's Tony Hibbert?

Quality

May 12, 2010, 05:37:46 AM
Reply #27

.Rimbo.

He is one of the best at what he does which is break up the play (by any means) and give it simple. Heitinga may get there but right now theres no comparison.

I've seen Heitinga break up the play, too, and considering he has a far better passing range than Mascherano, I think there is comparison. On another forum, everyone is saying Heitinga.

May 12, 2010, 05:50:35 AM
Reply #28

Gash

Global Moderator
I've never got the Mascherano hype, he a decent player, but I've just never got it. Hard to compare him with Heitinga though as his prefered position is defence. As a tackler probably Mascherano, as distribution, Heitinga wins hands down. Overall, I would say it was just Heiginga, but them I'm biased.

May 12, 2010, 06:33:52 AM
Reply #29

Flusky

Two pages, we've had the opinions, we've had the counter-opinions and we've had a bit of silliness on my part, now lets have the stats.   http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2705370,00.html

Mascherano has had a blinding season. More tackles than anyone else and the best success rate. Also the second most passes and a decent success rate there too.

We love Johnny, he's valuable for his team spirit and commitment and he never shys away from the crunchers, but Mascherano is top 3 in the holding midfielders in the world at the moment. I expect Fellaini to be in that bracket within the next 5 years.