November 18, 2017, 05:24:41 AM

Author Topic: Heitinga vs. Mascherano  (Read 4545 times)

May 12, 2010, 07:08:05 AM
Reply #30

howard1334

Felliani, Hietinga is a CB

deCoubertin

May 12, 2010, 09:16:35 AM
Reply #31

Sensei

Mascherano. 

May 12, 2010, 01:15:27 PM
Reply #32

ilikebrunettes

Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

May 12, 2010, 02:03:47 PM
Reply #33

fast lane

I can remember when Javier Mascherano burst on the scene four years ago.
Playing for Argentina in the last World Cup.

We had a completely different discussion about him on here.
He was still owned by the same consortium that had Tevez as well.
We were discussing buying him, and later selling him for a profit.
It all went legs up because of the co-ownership nonsense.

He was an excellent dm then, but somehow I don't think he has progressed that much, not that I watch the rs much.
Johnny Heitinga is in essence a defender, always has been, but can play dm as well.

I think GL got it spot on.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:07:18 PM by fast lane »
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

May 12, 2010, 02:18:36 PM
Reply #34

everton-4-ever

bitterness put to one side

then its mascherano BUT with a good run there next season heitinga showed enough to suggest he may give him a run for his money and claim it
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

May 12, 2010, 03:05:06 PM
Reply #35

Paul.

although he cant pass for shit, his defensive qualities are amazing

How can you say he is class and then in the next breath say he can't pass for shit ?  The fact is , he is a good professional. He is not in the same league as the top elite players at all.  The point he has won more tackles etc etc is more an indictment on the way Liverpool have played this year. If you have powder puff Leiva in front of you for most of the season then you're going to have to dig in deep.
Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

May 12, 2010, 03:18:09 PM
Reply #36

Robioto

Mascherano, twat but there is no denying his quality in that role.

May 12, 2010, 03:23:34 PM
Reply #37

Bigjmill

mascherano
REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

May 12, 2010, 04:33:32 PM
Reply #38

BlueSte

He is one of the best at what he does which is break up the play (by any means) and give it simple. Heitinga may get there but right now theres no comparison.

So were Joe Parkinson and Carsley were they world class?
The Black Watch

May 12, 2010, 05:00:50 PM
Reply #39

Thom

Administrator
Two pages, we've had the opinions, we've had the counter-opinions and we've had a bit of silliness on my part, now lets have the stats.   http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2705370,00.html

Mascherano has had a blinding season. More tackles than anyone else and the best success rate. Also the second most passes and a decent success rate there too.

It's easy to have a good passing percentage when you just pass it to the guy next to you. Also, he was the third worst offender in terms of picking up yellows and reds in the league. Can't be exactly brilliant at tackling or disciplined play, can he?

May 12, 2010, 05:26:02 PM
Reply #40

Gwladiator

Two pages, we've had the opinions, we've had the counter-opinions and we've had a bit of silliness on my part, now lets have the stats.   Sky Sports | Football | Features | Premier League stats

Mascherano has had a blinding season. More tackles than anyone else and the best success rate. Also the second most passes and a decent success rate there too.

It's easy to have a good passing percentage when you just pass it to the guy next to you. Also, he was the third worst offender in terms of picking up yellows and reds in the league. Can't be exactly brilliant at tackling or disciplined play, can he?

Successful tackle means getting the ball. It's hard to argue with stats like those.

<Posting via Tapatalk for Android>

May 12, 2010, 05:47:54 PM
Reply #41

ToxtethBlue

As a ball winner Mascherano definitely has the edge for me, he's one of the best tacklers around, hardworking and more mobile than Heitinga.

Heitinga's a better footballer though, by quite a distance.
ToxtethBlue

May 12, 2010, 06:34:20 PM
Reply #42

SKay3

There's only one world class holding midfielder, Essien. Vieira was in his day and Gilberto. Fellaini can be in a couple of years but Essien is streets ahead of everyone else

May 12, 2010, 07:06:03 PM
Reply #43

.Rimbo.

There's only one world class holding midfielder, Essien. Vieira was in his day and Gilberto. Fellaini can be in a couple of years but Essien is streets ahead of everyone else

Agreed.

May 12, 2010, 11:52:38 PM
Reply #44

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Mascherano is a better dm but Heitinga is the better player. Fellaini is a better dm than Mascherano though.