November 18, 2017, 12:38:32 PM

Author Topic: The Yak  (Read 3350 times)

December 29, 2009, 02:56:49 AM
Read 3350 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he did very well today, and probably would have had a brace had he been in tip top condition.

His link up play and ideas are still there, albeit a little rusty, and of course he shows he still has a great understanding with Pienaar for the goal.

I think the trip away to the ACN will do him the world of good and he'll come back a top player again.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

deCoubertin

December 29, 2009, 02:59:03 AM
Reply #1

charlatan

Indeed, thought he showed signs of being back to himself today

December 29, 2009, 03:08:11 AM
Reply #2

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed.  Some of his link up and use of the ball was excellent, and his assist for Pienaar's goal was excellent.  It clearly is just a long road to recovery for him, but I hope some of the people calling him a fat lazy cunt in the last couple of weeks saw that today and reconsidered their thoughts on him.

December 29, 2009, 03:45:48 AM
Reply #3

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Still hasn't got rid of that pathetic diving though.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 29, 2009, 04:40:31 AM
Reply #4

Murf666

He was better today.  I still think he doesn't really look that interested in his game yet though.

Hopefully he can use a positive performance today as a springboard for the rest of the season.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

December 29, 2009, 04:42:34 AM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

I was pleased with Yakubu today as well, some we're saying he was shite. He's been a lot shitter in other matches this season. Better from the big man.

December 29, 2009, 04:59:51 AM
Reply #6

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
His assist for Pienaar was fantastic. Thought he looked a little more interested today. Will be glad when he has caught up with the pace of the Prem again

December 29, 2009, 05:04:07 AM
Reply #7

Gumpinio

Anyone else listen to the Radio Merseyside phone in after the game, everyone was slagging off the Yak, and the four of us in the car where perplexed, we all thought he put a lot of effort in today.  I am glad to see we were not alone in thinking hes trying (well, sometimes  ;D )
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

December 29, 2009, 05:28:34 AM
Reply #8

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed. Good today.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 29, 2009, 05:51:29 AM
Reply #9

chang

As I drove away from the ground I had the Yak in front of me ( I think) and Pienaar for sure behind me.

I wonder if they were listening to Radio City ?

December 29, 2009, 06:03:35 AM
Reply #10

Mugsyefc

thought he was better, not back to his best yet. which is understandable lets hope to see him fully fit and on form when he comes back from the African cup of nations!
Blue 4 Everr

December 29, 2009, 06:54:17 AM
Reply #11

Connavar

Typical Yakubu game today. I'm still suprised that after three years people don't know what he's about. He's not going to run the back four dogged like AJ did, or chase down every hit and hope hoof ball. His play is about coming deep and linking up with your Pienaars and Artetas then getting into positions in the 18 yard box where he can cause problems. For the Yak to be as effective as he has been, he needs his creative players around him, and also players like Cahill who cause defenders problems with runs into the box to be on the same page. He will get his scoring touch back with time.

December 29, 2009, 06:57:57 AM
Reply #12

Endless, Nameless

Typical Yakubu game today. I'm still suprised that after three years people don't know what he's about. He's not going to run the back four dogged like AJ did, or chase down every hit and hope hoof ball. His play is about coming deep and linking up with your Pienaars and Artetas then getting into positions in the 18 yard box where he can cause problems. For the Yak to be as effective as he has been, he needs his creative players around him, and also players like Cahill who cause defenders problems with runs into the box to be on the same page. He will get his scoring touch back with time.

I'd rather him keep away from my Pienaars and Artetas thank you! Oh wait, you were referring to the players... I didn't name my testicles Arteta and Pienaar...    :whistle:
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 29, 2009, 09:26:20 AM
Reply #13

Muttley

Overall I thought he did well. Probably should have scored 2, linked up well and got through the full 90 mins. Great run and ball for Pienaar. Glad to see Moysee seemed pleased with his game.

But why does he fall over all the time? Slightest nudge and he's over appealing for a foul instead of getting stuck in and having a real go. I was surprised he wasn't called for diving on a couple of occasions.

December 29, 2009, 11:10:03 AM
Reply #14

huck

Has anyone noticed how many of the refs decisions go against the Yak lately? He is rarely able to use his strength and size now without it being called a foul.
Le Berry