November 24, 2017, 09:06:01 PM

Author Topic: The Yak  (Read 3361 times)

December 29, 2009, 11:24:29 AM
Reply #15

huck

I should add the Yak had a great game yesterday the only thing he didn't do was score but defo deserved a goal glad to see him trying.
Le Berry

deCoubertin

December 29, 2009, 03:03:39 PM
Reply #16

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I thought he did well yesterday.

As has been said, some people just haven't cottoned on that he isn't going to charge round all game or jump to win long balls etc. That's why we play Cahill with him.

His play for the 2nd goal showed why, if he was fully fit, that IMO he'd be our first choice striker. He adds so much more in terms of link up play while still having a goal threat.

Falling over thing is interesting. He only ever falls over if he thinks that he'll lose the ball, so in a sense he does dive. When he wants to be, as with the 2nd goal, he's the strongest player in the league.

Overall he's still short of where he was, but that was much better.

December 29, 2009, 07:12:19 PM
Reply #17

Endless, Nameless

Has anyone noticed how many of the refs decisions go against the Yak lately? He is rarely able to use his strength and size now without it being called a foul.

Nope, I'm too busy watching the same happen to Felli...
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 29, 2009, 07:26:23 PM
Reply #18

MmmBlueRamirez

The yak is back!!!

He was almost back to his best yesterday for me. If he'd taken his 2 easy chances (hit post and airshot from fellis cross) then I would have said he was fully back.

What pleased me most was the fact that he was still willing to get the ball and drive forward in extra time. What pleased me almost as much was the block he put in on the burnley player which floored the fella just before the yak set off on said powerful run to deliver the perfectly weighted pass for pienaar.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 29, 2009, 09:59:34 PM
Reply #19

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Has anyone noticed how many of the refs decisions go against the Yak lately? He is rarely able to use his strength and size now without it being called a foul.
looks to me as him becoming the new Dunc in the eyes of the refs  .. :headbang:   :bonk:   :titanic:

December 30, 2009, 10:47:59 AM
Reply #20

Muttley

What pleased me almost as much was the block he put in on the burnley player which floored the fella just before the yak set off on said powerful run to deliver the perfectly weighted pass for pienaar.

Yea that was great. Looked like he'd run into a brick wall.