2 (5.6%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
1 (2.8%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Everton  (Read 28148 times)

November 04, 2013, 07:01:18 AM
Read 28148 times

Shogun

Administrator

Crystal Palace v Everton FC
Selhurst Park (Capacity: 26, 309)
Saturday 9th November 15:00
Premier League Match 11

Everton's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Everton 3-2 Newcastle (Lukaku x2, Barkley)
Manchester City 3-1 Everton (Lukaku)
Everton 2-1 Hull (Mirallas, Pienaar)
Aston Villa 0-2 Everton (Lukaku, Osman)
Everton 0-0 Tottenham

Crystal Palace's last 5 domestic matches 2013/2014:

Southampton 2-0 Crystal Palace
Liverpool 3-1 Crystal Palace (Gayle)
Crystal Palace 1-4 Fulham (Mariappa)
Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal
West Brom 2-0 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace's 2-0 defeat away to West Brom on Saturday increased their run of Premier League defeats to 7 and a total of 9 defeats in 10 games which leaves them rooted to the bottom of the table. With the lowest goal tally in the league (6) and the second highest concession of goals (21) then it's easy to see why they're in such a predicament. However, hope is not all lost as history goes to show that poor starts don't necessarily mean relegation is a fact.

As you can see, there have been four instances in which teams who have accumulated 4 points or less after ten games and have still managed to stay up. Southampton have managed to do it on two occasions whilst Blackburn also achieved this feat having picked up 4 points after ten games. The only side to do it with 3 points at this stage, like Crystal Palace now are Everton who replaced Mike Walker with Joe Royle 19 years ago this weekend. Perhaps a good omen for Palace considering they're due to appoint a new manager soon.

Potential Line Ups

Everton

The Tottenham game was a bit of a damp squib at the weekend with a lacklustre first half and an improved second half with any real chances created by either side being a true description of the drab 0-0. The outcome of the Crystal Palace match will determine whether this will be seen as a good point or 2 points dropped as we head into the international break. The lack of chances in the Spurs match shouldn't have been much surprise as both sides prefer to have a lot of the ball before carving out chances.

Roberto Martinez's new style of play stands up against the other quick starters in the league this season. Having just nudged ahead of Southampton and Manchester United's average possession stats, Everton follow only Manchester City and Tottenham from the top 8 teams in the league. Considering Brendan Rodgers has a reputation for possession football, it may be surprising to see Liverpool a distance behind the rest.

Match stats and Injuries

Crystal Palace have 5 injury concerns ahead of this match with Jack Hunt out with a broken ankle, Johnny Williams out with a foot injury and Glenn Murray out with an ACL knee injury. It's likely to be too early for club captain Paddy McCarthy to return from a groin injury whilst Guedioura is likely to be missing with a rib injury.

Similarly, Everton have 5 doubts for this match. Darron Gibson is out with an ACL knee injury and Antolin Alcaraz will not be fit until after the international break. Arouna Kone has a knee problem and Apostolos Vellios also has a knock. Romelu Lukaku will be a concern following his collision with Hugo Lloris which forced him off with a knee injury.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 04, 2013, 09:39:51 AM
Reply #1

cantoffee

That is an awful group of players they've got there. Going down for sure.

Might be tough if they appoint a new manager soon but as long as we can break them down I fancy us to win.

1-3 for us I reckon.

November 04, 2013, 11:27:08 AM
Reply #2

Bally

Administrator
This could be the one that we majorly fuck up in and get beat or totally destroy them, we always seem to be the team that teams like this break their duck on, same as we always seem to be the ones to end winning streaks.
We should batter them and after the first half performance of the spurs game they're gonna come out all guns blazing with the hope of scoring early and parking the bus .

Hope Bob Martins has his thinking head on,
It's the roll I way

November 04, 2013, 12:46:28 PM
Reply #3

pommy

Reckon Martinez will use his squad for this one.......Deluofeu, Jella and possibly Naismith will start and Lukaku, Mirallas and either Barkley or Osman on the bench......just my opinion.

November 04, 2013, 02:24:20 PM
Reply #4

The Analog Kid

Reckon Martinez will use his squad for this one.......Deluofeu, Jella and possibly Naismith will start and Lukaku, Mirallas and either Barkley or Osman on the bench......just my opinion.

I think Mirallas and Osman will drop to the bench for Deulafeu and Barkley. To drop Lukaku against these would be madness. He drew his first blank in five against Spurs- any striker would have struggled to score yesterday given the service they got.

November 04, 2013, 02:43:57 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's going to be an arsehole of a game. We are expected to do them comfortably wouldn't surprise me if we drew

November 04, 2013, 03:11:23 PM
Reply #6

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I'm with Silas on this one. Not confident at all and think a score draw is on the cards.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

November 04, 2013, 03:37:46 PM
Reply #7

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Would be dissapointed with a draw, these are the worst squad of players in the PL since Derby
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

November 04, 2013, 03:47:51 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Would be dissapointed with a draw, these are the worst squad of players in the PL since Derby

Would be very disappointed. Can see it though.

November 04, 2013, 05:33:26 PM
Reply #9

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If they have a new manager we can kiss the win goodbye.

Fucking hate playing teams with new managers.

November 04, 2013, 05:36:14 PM
Reply #10

blob

It's going to be an arsehole of a game. We are expected to do them comfortably wouldn't surprise me if we drew

this, regrettably :(

November 04, 2013, 05:53:18 PM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

Nah, we'll win this. They just don't have the players to have the 'new manager bounce' effect. It'll be more of a 'crushing reality for the new manager' effect, imo.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 04, 2013, 05:54:05 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Expecting nothing but a win here.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

November 04, 2013, 06:36:32 PM
Reply #13

DannyR

I hope this will be one where we can see Jela, Lukaku banging them in.

Can see it ended up as a grinded out 1-0 win though
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

November 04, 2013, 07:29:34 PM
Reply #14

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Be very surprised if we do anything other than start our strongest 11. Can we afford not to in the Premier League?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!