15 (22.7%)
Deulofeu
1 (1.5%)
Stones
0 (0%)
Osman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Everton 3-3 Liverpool  (Read 69059 times)

November 10, 2013, 04:21:47 PM
Read 69059 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Spurs came to Goodison and battered us first half but couldn't score . It could be more of the same against the shite ,I fancy us if we score first ,otherwise 0-0. Wonder which kopite ref we'll get ?

The difference to Spurs is that they've got the league's two top scorers.

I we offer the same chance to them as we have to Palace, Spurs, Villa and even Hull it'll look a long way back at half time.

The flip side is that you rarely play the same way against no hopers like Palace as you do against such an obvious threat as Suarez.

Even if it's subconsciously there's extra concentration when you come up against those kind of players.

Overall I'm hoping that the more frenetic pace of the game will enable us to be a bit more direct (in terms of speed, not length necessarily) with our passing which would clearly be an improvement.

November 10, 2013, 04:28:04 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
What is RM's record like against Liverpool, and Shark face in particular.

Yesterday one of the commentators said that RM's teams had never won a game at Palace. It's strange how these bogeys exist and continue.

Well he won at Anfield in 11/12.

But then I remember them stuffing Wigan at the DW last season.

November 11, 2013, 02:29:10 AM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Heard suarez could be out for this because he has a Uruguay match in Uruguay on the Wednesday so could be suffering from jetlag. anyone know anything ? could be blues making up something to make us feel better

There's a game but he's not going to miss the derby is he?!

November 12, 2013, 01:36:00 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
if they play 3-5-2 then I think that will minimize our attacking threat with just the one up top.

Or they'll have too many defenders for 1 striker so they'll find it hard to pick up our attacking midfielders?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 01:36:29 PM by GLewis »

November 12, 2013, 06:43:37 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Best view in the ground I reckon.

Just avoid the Lower Gwladys.  Shite view and full of absolute helmets.

Haha.

November 12, 2013, 06:45:35 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Barca kid to start?

Being mooted through the Echo articles that Martinez wouldn't be afraid to use him.

Could be preparing the ground.

November 14, 2013, 06:57:35 PM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Christ, this Century are our only wins against these the 3-0 AJ mauling, The 1-0 Carsley game, The FA Cup Gosling game and the 2-0 Cahill/Arteta 2010 game?

4 wins in the last 29?

Lots of draws I suppose

Lets sort that record out hey?!

Kind of understand why the misery guts like Sir Stealth and Matty1878 aren't expecting a win!

That doesn't help.

Also they're only 1 win behind us in the number of derbies won at Goodison.

Think we've got 40 and they're on 39.

November 19, 2013, 11:26:20 PM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
AND their tickets have been reduced as part of the FA's "enhancing away fans experience" rubbish

Will tickets at the Anfield derby be about half the price of recent seasons then ? nod
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:27:17 PM by GLewis »

November 20, 2013, 08:02:32 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure half the the stadium was closed for Hibberts game.  They never had all the ground open.

Actually you're right.

I seem to remember the club sending an email that said due to the sheer volume of applications for tickets it was better for 30,000 to miss out than 10,000 if we'd opened up the whole ground. Those 10,000 would have felt excluded in comparison to the 40,000 who were allowed to attend.

"To provide testimony to our Tony
silence is our pride"

Or something.

November 21, 2013, 01:31:24 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
That banner outside goodison. How brace are they? Taking a photo like that at 3am?  They did something similar outside old Trafford a few years ago

Man U fans unfurled a 20 times banner inside anfield in the home end during a game

Everton fans have a video on YouTube of them singing anti kopite songs by the shankly gates after a derby

Liverpool fans wait til the dead of night

Cowards

It's more that they're not bothered by us.

But then they are...

Confusing nod

November 21, 2013, 07:57:10 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Might they play Johnson at LB and bring in someone at RB?

November 21, 2013, 08:31:15 PM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Weird one with Kelly, good from what i have seen.

Hmm.

Seemed like a lot of blood and thunder to me.

Lots of heavy touches but with a resultant heavy tackle which always gets the crowd on side.

November 21, 2013, 08:43:11 PM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Reminded me of Coleman when he first broke into the side. Potential in him I thought.

I can see where you're coming from.

However I think he always looked a bit out of position (which he probably was; I'm sure he was a CB).

He got beyond that through the general adrenaline of just breaking through into the 1st team; but that was never going to last.

CBs look great at full back when things go well as they're much bigger, generally, than actual full backs so when they're bombing on they look almost unstoppable due to their size and power.

Once form drops off, or the opposition catch on their weaknesses are exposed and they look lumbering.

I'd imagine that with a few injuries he's lost the momentum of his earlier appearances and he's falling between two stools - he's not good enough technically to be a full back and he's not good enough defensively to play CB.

If he's going to be a CB long term he's still quite young so he wouldn't be written off completely but they have stocked up on CBs.

November 22, 2013, 10:03:56 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Nerves setting in now.

Had nervous twinges all week.

Had stomach churning pretty much all day.

November 22, 2013, 10:19:47 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Listening to TalkSport before and they had a Liverpool fan on (Thick welsh accent! thought they all supported us?) and he reckoned 4-0 Suarez Hattrick. Most of them went for Liverpool win or draw.

Seems everybody is writing us off because they've been brilliant and we are unconvincing as shown by that monstrous 3 point gap.

Oblivious to the fact that it could work the other way.

Also there's no way that they'd think they'd win 0-4 at Spurs, for example.