15 (22.7%)
Deulofeu
1 (1.5%)
Stones
0 (0%)
Osman
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Everton 3-3 Liverpool  (Read 67483 times)

November 10, 2013, 02:36:42 PM
Read 67483 times

phillyt

I can't help but feel we are going to.get embarased here, despite our clean sheets we are giving away too many chances. Suarez is on fire atm and if he gets in behind  he will punish us. I hope I'm wrong obviously but that  is just the horrible feeling I'm getting just now. Hopefully, as the cliche goes, the formbook will go out the window.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

November 10, 2013, 05:00:43 PM
Reply #1

phillyt

I think we need to have a bit of perspective here though and not build them up as if they are some sort of leviathan. If Sturridge or Suarez are poor they don't have a lot else going for them.  Our defence and midfield are better than there's and Lukaku could be the difference this time round.

If fans and players go into this with the same old defeatist attitude we will get what we deserve.  A new manager, a new approach a win is well within us.

Your asking a lot for suarez and sturridge to be poor, they are consistent as anything just now. But its not just them, they have coutinho back, Henderson seems to be performing reasonably well and then there is gerrard, if he turns up like he often does in derbies he will cause us issues. I'm sure come matchday hysteria and bravado will take over and ill be shouting about how we will smash em but just now I'm not feeling good about it, and that feeling has 2 long weeks to fester.

With a bit of luck suarez will snap his Achilles on international duty.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

November 13, 2013, 04:29:09 PM
Reply #2

phillyt

"About now is the time they start being twitchy and nervous about the derby. If you encounter one of them ( and I do say that like they are a poisonous species ) then you'll be able to see it. You'll probably hear the words ' redshite bastards ' more often than usual and they will all be acting very tense and neurotic. The thought of losing a derby, to them, is worse than anything in life." RAWK

:whistle:

To me its less about the fact uts "them" more about the chance to get a valuable 3pts and maybe move into the top four.  Although we are doing welli think the partnership they have has the potential to destroy our defence, and although we are keeping clean sheets our defence has looked rocky at times.

On a side note if those redshite bufoons don't think that winning/losing a local Derby is important then they clearly arnt proper fans are they.