November 21, 2017, 06:49:08 AM

Author Topic: (News) Tim Cahill hints at return  (Read 3334 times)

November 18, 2013, 01:27:02 PM
Read 3334 times

Bally

Administrator
Tim Cahill has announced that he may return to the premier league, in order to keep himself fit in the lead up to the world cup.

The soccerroos starlet has said that he would like  a move during the MLS close season stating "It's about keeping fit for the world cup" as his reasoning.

He has yet to uncover who would covet his services for this period.
It's the roll I way

deCoubertin

November 18, 2013, 03:34:35 PM
Reply #1

Dr. Sponge

He'd certainly be a welcome presence in the dressing room, though I'm not sure how useful he'd be in Martinez's system on the pitch.

November 18, 2013, 03:41:53 PM
Reply #2

Alanvideo

I'd be glad to see him back for Saturday just to wind up the RS.
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 18, 2013, 03:43:43 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
3 match ban still in effect? Would love him to come over and play for someone else then pop up to us for a proper sendoff.

November 18, 2013, 04:02:09 PM
Reply #4

Simon Paul

Administrator
3 match ban still in effect? Would love him to come over and play for someone else then pop up to us for a proper sendoff.

yep

absolutely no point

November 18, 2013, 04:07:40 PM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
Didn't he say last year that he'd only ever come back to the Premier League if it was to play for us?

November 18, 2013, 04:10:06 PM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hope its not us, Love Cahill but his time playing for us is done

Simply simply lovely

November 18, 2013, 04:20:05 PM
Reply #7

Major Clanger

I'd welcome him back for two reasons.

Firstly, he only wants to keep himself fit, he can do that and he'd be a welcome presence on the training ground and in the dressing room.
Secondly, while Moyes might have been tempted to field him for old times' sake or something similar, I have no such worries about Martinez. I trust him to only bring Cahill on if he genuinely feels it'd help us.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 18, 2013, 04:23:45 PM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
I'd welcome him back for two reasons.

Firstly, he only wants to keep himself fit, he can do that and he'd be a welcome presence on the training ground and in the dressing room.
Secondly, while Moyes might have been tempted to field him for old times' sake or something similar, I have no such worries about Martinez. I trust him to only bring Cahill on if he genuinely feels it'd help us.

He'd probably get more game time somewhere else. If he comes back just to train and keep fit, that's fine I'd be all for that. I don't see him being someone that we could bring off the bench late in a game, he was struggling to do it two years ago never mind now, plus we have better options.

November 18, 2013, 04:29:12 PM
Reply #9

Ross

When does the MLS season start and finish?

Next summers press will all be about how the England team look tired from a long hard season without a winter break to recoup, after they inevitably play crap and get knocked out. But it's seems some players think perfect preparation for a World Cup is to play through their break and play back to back seasons.

Or is it just about greed as their careers come to an end?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:29:55 PM by Samwise »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 18, 2013, 04:55:33 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

November 18, 2013, 05:04:37 PM
Reply #11

Major Clanger

Or is it just about greed as their careers come to an end?

Playing in the MLS is not as demanding physically, so they can recover there. And even with coming over here in January they still have more time off than a Premier League player can dream about, as the MLS season wraps up in early December.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 18, 2013, 05:14:01 PM
Reply #12

toffee_scot

I would be quite happy if Cahill trained with the Everton squad mainly because he is a familiar and popular character, as for playing well...I can just about accept him as a short term backup especially if Barkley or Osman pick up an injury in January.

November 18, 2013, 05:43:13 PM
Reply #13

MmmBlueRamirez

He'll go to Utd.
Why?

He wasn't good enough for us so what makes him good enough for Utd 2 years later. Tres bizarre.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 18, 2013, 05:46:19 PM
Reply #14

Gash

Global Moderator
Why?

He wasn't good enough for us so what makes him good enough for Utd 2 years later. Tres bizarre.