November 18, 2017, 01:41:57 AM

Author Topic: (News) Tim Cahill hints at return  (Read 3331 times)

November 19, 2013, 01:11:05 AM
Reply #30

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I find it strange how people trust Martinez to win the Champions League without any money but don't trust him to judge whether Cahill could be useful for us or not. (I'd understand if it was Moyes.)

I didn't blindly trust Moyes either. They aren't any less fallible than the rest of us. As always he could well have a second wind with us as his form in the MLS is good but that's not a good enough indicator for me.  I will always welcome Tim Cahill at Goodison, not convinced he's still got it at our level

deCoubertin

November 19, 2013, 01:13:20 AM
Reply #31

Major Clanger

I didn't blindly trust Moyes either. They aren't any less fallible than the rest of us. As always he could well have a second wind with us as his form in the MLS is good but that's not a good enough indicator for me.  I will always welcome Tim Cahill at Goodison, not convinced he's still got it at our level

I meant to say I'd understand if people were worried that Moyes brought him back and fielded him just because that used to work five years ago. There's no such issue with Roberto, he'll judge any deal (if there's a deal to be judged at all) based purely on what it'd bring to us now.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 19, 2013, 02:10:46 AM
Reply #32

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Who said Roberto would win the champions league with us?

Or are people just over exaggerating a point people are trying to make.

November 19, 2013, 02:15:47 AM
Reply #33

MmmBlueRamirez

I meant to say I'd understand if people were worried that Moyes brought him back and fielded him just because that used to work five years ago. There's no such issue with Roberto, he'll judge any deal (if there's a deal to be judged at all) based purely on what it'd bring to us now.

Given that Cahill was pretty shit with the ball at his feet 2 years ago and how one of Martinez key tactics is ball retention and passing to feet id say that pretty much rules out his return.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 19, 2013, 02:17:29 AM
Reply #34

Thornton_19

What!? On this forum....never!

November 19, 2013, 02:19:53 AM
Reply #35

Major Clanger

Yes, to expose the confusion in some people's minds. You either trust that Martinez can make good decisions about players or you don't.

November 19, 2013, 02:20:43 AM
Reply #36

Major Clanger

Given that Cahill was pretty shit with the ball at his feet 2 years ago and how one of Martinez key tactics is ball retention and passing to feet id say that pretty much rules out his return.

I don't think that rules it out completely but it does make it unlikely.

November 19, 2013, 02:23:37 AM
Reply #37

Zoolander

Would gladly have him back here if he wants to come and train to stay fit, he'd be good to have on the training pitch and dressing room alike. Barring injuries though I'd very much doubt he'd get premier league game time.