0 (0%)
Stones (sub)
0 (0%)
Jelavic (sub)
1 (2.5%)
Mirallas (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke  (Read 18767 times)

November 27, 2013, 07:20:52 AM
Reply #45

Jamokachi

My concern is that he gets kicked off the park.

November 27, 2013, 04:02:27 PM
Reply #46

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
I'll be watching from Alexander's Bar in Paphos.

Must beat these....it's usually full of Geordies and Red shite
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

November 28, 2013, 03:52:31 AM
Reply #47

krakkokain

I'll be watching from Alexander's Bar in Paphos.

Must beat these....it's usually full of Geordies and Red shite

In paphos... you are so lucky!!!  I am actually from Cyprus hope everyone is treating you well!!

November 28, 2013, 06:33:40 PM
Reply #48

stirlingblue

If we are truly favourites for this game then surely we don't need two defensive midfielders? Drop Barkley back to centre mid and play Pienaar, Delofeu and Mirallas behind Lukaku.

That way we have a threat from deep with Barkley to supply those runners.

November 28, 2013, 06:47:31 PM
Reply #49

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If we are truly favourites for this game then surely we don't need two defensive midfielders? Drop Barkley back to centre mid and play Pienaar, Delofeu and Mirallas behind Lukaku.

That way we have a threat from deep with Barkley to supply those runners.

It certainly looked like it was something that we can at least switch to if necessary.

Also when that happened there was quite a lot of positional switching with Mirallas and Pienaar - something that hasn't been done enough for me this season.

Normally all 3 of our behind the front man players are capable of playing in all 3 of the positions so it's something that can be tried without deviating too much from what is considered to be the best way to approach the game.

November 28, 2013, 06:59:19 PM
Reply #50

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Also when that happened there was quite a lot of positional switching with Mirallas and Pienaar - something that hasn't been done enough for me this season.

Defo, the more fluid that 3 are the better imo

Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2013, 07:11:17 PM
Reply #51

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Defo, the more fluid that 3 are the better imo

Yes.

If things are going well generally and one side isn't doing too well then it's clearly a specific issue.

But in games like Palace where nothing is really working then surely it's worth shuffling them round a bit.

November 28, 2013, 07:15:49 PM
Reply #52

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yes.

If things are going well generally and one side isn't doing too well then it's clearly a specific issue.

But in games like Palace where nothing is really working then surely it's worth shuffling them round a bit.

They all have the ability to play anywhere across that 3 and be equally as influential, its one thing we can improve on

Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2013, 07:21:26 PM
Reply #53

Ross

They all have the ability to play anywhere across that 3 and be equally as influential, its one thing we can improve on

Not really sure about Barkley playing out wide, I think he needs to be involved all the time to keep his concentration and touch up. Certainly Mirallas and Pienaar are equally comfortable in any of then3 positions.

With Baines out it might be the right time to give Mirallas a go from the left, where he looks more comfortable. Also the Pienaar may be able to reproduce the Bainaar combo with Coleman, Pieman if you like.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 28, 2013, 07:23:29 PM
Reply #54

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not really sure about Barkley playing out wide, I think he needs to be involved all the time to keep his concentration and touch up. Certainly Mirallas and Pienaar are equally comfortable in any of then3 positions.

With Baines out it might be the right time to give Mirallas a go from the left, where he looks more comfortable. Also the Pienaar may be able to reproduce the Bainaar combo with Coleman, Pieman if you like.
Sorry, I was picking up on if Barkley was playing deeper

Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2013, 07:25:38 PM
Reply #55

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I think he could do something out wide for 5-10 minute slots.

If he's being crowded out in the middle, coming in from the left (for example) might allow him to attack from a deeper position.

November 28, 2013, 07:25:51 PM
Reply #56

Ross

Sorry, I was picking up on if Barkley was playing deeper

Apologises Jim for jumping in.

still like the idea of Pieman
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 28, 2013, 07:27:21 PM
Reply #57

Bluedylan

I think we need to look at Mirallas on the left whether Baines is there or not, personally. People have mostly been able to combat the Pienaar/Baines thing now, with some execptions and I really think if we're ever going to really get the potential out of Kev, he needs to play in his preferred position. Piennar should be able to do a similar job on the right to the left, and it might protect and free up Coleman a bit more.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 28, 2013, 07:27:21 PM
Reply #58

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Apologises Jim for jumping in.

still like the idea of Pieman

Pieman could well work

Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2013, 07:29:46 PM
Reply #59

Ross

Pieman could well work

Yeah I think it could, just food for thought