0 (0%)
Stones (sub)
0 (0%)
Jelavic (sub)
1 (2.5%)
Mirallas (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke  (Read 27251 times)

November 26, 2013, 05:00:54 AM
Read 27251 times

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Totally agree blarg. Let's have a look at Oviedo in a game at home where we are favourites, and see how he does. No need to mess around with Barry or anything else.
I kinda agree but am pretty desperate to try and shoehorn deulefeou in!! However he may be best off the bench
Simply simply lovely

November 26, 2013, 05:08:05 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd like to see the little fella get a start as well. It's hard to find a place though isn't it? If Mirallas had another average game, that would be the one, but he did well at the weekend.
can't drop mirallas or pienaar as they both played very well at the weekend
Simply simply lovely

November 26, 2013, 05:16:40 AM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's Alcaraz he'll try to shoe in, I think Martinez really rates him and will try to get him on the pitch as soon as possible? He's probably not fit to play 90 minutes yet though, so Oviedo would seem the obvious choice without disrupting the rest of the team.
if it is alcaraz then that can only mean distin lb which I don't exactly like but can see logic against stoke.
Simply simply lovely

November 26, 2013, 02:02:49 PM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure Stoke is the best team for him to have his first start against.
Possibly not but he has that bit of pace and difference that could be the different, ala mirallas last year against them
Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2013, 06:59:19 PM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Also when that happened there was quite a lot of positional switching with Mirallas and Pienaar - something that hasn't been done enough for me this season.

Defo, the more fluid that 3 are the better imo
Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2013, 07:15:49 PM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yes.

If things are going well generally and one side isn't doing too well then it's clearly a specific issue.

But in games like Palace where nothing is really working then surely it's worth shuffling them round a bit.

They all have the ability to play anywhere across that 3 and be equally as influential, its one thing we can improve on
Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2013, 07:23:29 PM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not really sure about Barkley playing out wide, I think he needs to be involved all the time to keep his concentration and touch up. Certainly Mirallas and Pienaar are equally comfortable in any of then3 positions.

With Baines out it might be the right time to give Mirallas a go from the left, where he looks more comfortable. Also the Pienaar may be able to reproduce the Bainaar combo with Coleman, Pieman if you like.
Sorry, I was picking up on if Barkley was playing deeper
Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2013, 07:27:21 PM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Apologises Jim for jumping in.

still like the idea of Pieman

Pieman could well work
Simply simply lovely

November 28, 2013, 07:32:11 PM
Reply #8

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I think it could, just food for thought
:badum:
Simply simply lovely

November 30, 2013, 06:11:58 PM
Reply #9

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Really wish that we either had another big game or this was away. Biggest anti climax after last week ever. I can see a flat, boring, awful match ahead. Really hope I am wrong
Simply simply lovely

December 01, 2013, 03:41:24 AM
Reply #10

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
As piss poor a side I have ever seen. That said second half we were very good
Simply simply lovely