0 (0%)
Stones (sub)
0 (0%)
Jelavic (sub)
1 (2.5%)
Mirallas (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke  (Read 25113 times)

November 25, 2013, 08:20:31 PM
Read 25113 times

Ross

Reckon Shogun's lineup is most likely although there is a chance he will draft Stones/Heitinga/Alcaraz in and go 3-5-2. 

Hoping Oviedo gets a chance to show what he can do in a competitive game over ninety minutes. I think we will win but I think whenever we get the ball it will be slow and hard work breaking them down while they will look to hit us on set pieces.

I can't see him going 3 at the back myself, were having relative success adapting to the current change in style. To add a new dimension now before we've actually perfected this new way of playing would be to risky, maybe if we'd stayed in the cup longer or actually weren't doing as well things might be different. But considering we've got options for a straight forward 1 for 1 replacement for Baines I can't see the benefits.

Like you say Silas which ever way he goes Stoke's game plan will be to contain, sit deep and hope for counter attacks and set pieces.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 28, 2013, 07:21:26 PM
Reply #1

Ross

They all have the ability to play anywhere across that 3 and be equally as influential, its one thing we can improve on

Not really sure about Barkley playing out wide, I think he needs to be involved all the time to keep his concentration and touch up. Certainly Mirallas and Pienaar are equally comfortable in any of then3 positions.

With Baines out it might be the right time to give Mirallas a go from the left, where he looks more comfortable. Also the Pienaar may be able to reproduce the Bainaar combo with Coleman, Pieman if you like.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 28, 2013, 07:25:51 PM
Reply #2

Ross

Sorry, I was picking up on if Barkley was playing deeper

Apologises Jim for jumping in.

still like the idea of Pieman

November 28, 2013, 07:29:46 PM
Reply #3

Ross

Pieman could well work

Yeah I think it could, just food for thought

November 28, 2013, 07:41:19 PM
Reply #4

Ross

If you look at the Newcastle game where Barkley was pretty good with Lukaku, a lot of the time he ended up on the left of a front three (Barkley, Lukaku, Mirallas) with Osman, Barry and McCarthy in midfield.

Yeah I was wrongly assuming that we where talking about Lukaku up top on his own and then a fluid 3 behind him,4-2-3-1.

November 29, 2013, 10:15:53 PM
Reply #5

Ross

This season?

I saw this earlier today:

- Romelu Lukaku has the best mins to goal ratio in Premier League history (minimum 20 goals), scoring every 118 mins

You get better by the day Shogun

November 30, 2013, 10:14:48 PM
Reply #6

Ross

I'd like to see what Barkley could add to this game with Deulofeu having such a great game

November 30, 2013, 10:22:31 PM
Reply #7

Ross

I think Im starting to fall in love with Martinez.

Is this kind of man love allowed?

Worried about it myself, thinking of turning up to the Fulham game in leather chaps and a sombrero?

November 30, 2013, 10:31:54 PM
Reply #8

Ross

Should have had that pen

November 30, 2013, 10:35:58 PM
Reply #9

Ross

Fuckin hell maybe Dave Whelan was right about Bobby all along!