0 (0%)
Osman (sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (sub)
0 (0%)
EVERY ONE OF THE BEAUTIFUL BASTARDS
38 (34.9%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Manchester United v Everton  (Read 44717 times)

December 02, 2013, 08:06:45 PM
Reply #30

hill135

I think the optimism can be justified. They're on a good run results wise now, but in terms of performances they played well about 4 times since Moyes took over, mostly in the Champions League.

There's also the fact that unless they play 5 in the middle with Kagawa in the hole, they're a shapeless mess. A case in point would be against Spurs when they started really well in this line-up, but after Welbeck did his usual disappearing act Moyes tried to get him involved by swapping him with Kagawa to play next to Rooney. From then, they didn't look as fluid or threatening. On the other hand, that shapeless mess is likely to contain Rooney and RVP who can win the game from nothing.

I think we can impose our game on them and give it a good go. We'll give them a good game but it's by no means certain because of the two match winners they have.

December 02, 2013, 08:09:30 PM
Reply #31

The Good Citizen

Next two games are a very good opporunity to take stock of where we are and what we can achieve, the teams around us have lots of winnable games so we need something from them. Losing to City was no disgrace but Utd look fragile and their crowd knows it too. IF we score first I just hope we press for a second, just impose ourselves like we did at Goodison in the reverse fixture last year.

Martinez has passed his first test of maintaining the form we showed under Moyes, these 2 games though could really smash that glass ceiling we've struggled with for the last few years. Winning under RM at Old Trafford at the first attempt after years of failure...the belief it would give the squad would be massive.

Feeling very up for this!
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

December 02, 2013, 08:15:04 PM
Reply #32

Evertonian in NC

I really don't care where we get the points from.

I try to not...but I do.  My "head" argument is that it's better to leave Arsenal with 0 points and Utd with 1, based on where each is in the Prem table.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 02, 2013, 08:24:05 PM
Reply #33

The Good Citizen

I try to not...but I do.  My "head" argument is that it's better to leave Arsenal with 0 points and Utd with 1, based on where each is in the Prem table.

I agree, to have any chance of staying above Utd at the end of the season (as unlikely as that may be) we need to see them in disarray for as long as possible. We're not catching Arsenal.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

December 02, 2013, 09:03:43 PM
Reply #34

Gash

Global Moderator
But eating Moyes and drawing or even losing to Arsenal would be immeasurably more satisfying, emotionally.

I'd hope we'd be fed before the game?

December 02, 2013, 10:32:32 PM
Reply #35

Paddockoldie

Never a better time to play them I think.
Utd have lost that 'invincibility' and have looked weak at times... However, never underestimate them.
The way we are playing we should fear nobody... Take the game to them and dominate their midfield... Lakuku to shake them up at the back and use our new found pace to get behind the fullbacks..

An interesting game for sure... I do fancy us tho!!

December 02, 2013, 11:02:35 PM
Reply #36

Lapeno

United cannot afford not to win on Wednesday. They're currently 9 behind Arsenal and 5 behind Chelsea, both of whom have winnable games at the same time. They've got to go to both grounds and can't see them overhauling both of them, never mind Chelsea.

The pressure on United will be immense and it's up to us to exploit it. Wonder if Martinez held Barkley back at the weekend so he can unleash him knowing that Barkley is likely to want to make a point against Moyes.

December 02, 2013, 11:06:29 PM
Reply #37

hill135

The pressure on United will be immense and it's up to us to exploit it. Wonder if Martinez held Barkley back at the weekend so he can unleash him knowing that Barkley is likely to want to make a point against Moyes.

Good point. Ross has shown that he's a fearless bastard so I would bet he's up for it as much as anyone.

December 02, 2013, 11:10:16 PM
Reply #38

Fellainis Hairdresser

barkley and mirallas in for Osman and deulofeu

too big of a game to play the young lad and we need to be on it defensively.
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

December 02, 2013, 11:21:15 PM
Reply #39

cantoffee

Will be tough, would like to think that now is the time to beat them but a draw would still be a good result. A win would make us certainly look like serious top 4 contenders.

I think it is still difficult to predict how well we will play coming off the stoke match but you'd think we'd be full of confidence.

December 02, 2013, 11:29:28 PM
Reply #40

Shogun

Administrator
Howard Webb has been given the honour of refereeing this match.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 02, 2013, 11:58:09 PM
Reply #41

Gash

Global Moderator

That'll give the kopites a bit of a dilemma, they're convinced he's on Utd payroll.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:58:25 PM by Gash »

December 03, 2013, 01:46:54 AM
Reply #42

wepull

They are there for the taking and we have played the best possible attacking football in the last two matches in two decades.  If we don't beat them this time then it will be a big opportunity lost to get that awaited win there . Saying all this getting a point at Old Trafford is never a bad result.

December 03, 2013, 01:54:39 AM
Reply #43

School of Science

Oh fuck hate Howard Webb friend of the big teams.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 03, 2013, 02:17:57 AM
Reply #44

Cozzie

Really looking forward to how our midfield comes up against theirs. It has the potential in my opinion to completely dominate their midfield, this is no doubt where manchester united are at their weakest.

Cleverly is an over rated piece of shite. It will be interesting to see if Moyes starts Fellaini for this game.

Generally believe we will win this, but the amount of times I have said that in the past has come back to haunt me, but like others have mentioned, no better time than now, due to the way we are playing, to turn them over.

They have looked incredibly ordinary at times this season, if we turn up and play the way we know we can this should be a stroll.

Love to see moyes face if we turn them over.