0 (0%)
Osman (sub)
0 (0%)
Naismith (sub)
0 (0%)
EVERY ONE OF THE BEAUTIFUL BASTARDS
38 (34.9%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Manchester United v Everton  (Read 67063 times)

December 02, 2013, 06:51:37 PM
Read 67063 times

The Good Citizen

de Gea=Howard
Smalling/Coleman*
*Evra/Oviedo
Evans=Distin
Vidic=Jagielka    
Cleverley/McCarthy*                
*Valencia/Mirallas             
Fellaini=Barry    
*Rooney/Barkley
Kagawa/Pienaar*
Welbeck/Lukaku*

_____________________________ ______________

*Hernández/Jelavic
*Nani/Osman
Young/Deulofeu*

Probably get shot down for this, just looking at the likely starting line ups, (less sure about UTD's but swapped the suspended Jones for Fellaini). Placed a * next to who I'd rate the higher (down the middle if I think there's no clearly better player) also considered current form - Vidic has been below par for instance where as I thought Valencia has looked back to his best in recent week although Mirallas is coming into form also but Valencia still shaves it at present.

Think Utd have a stronger bench as you'd expect but I genuinely think those line ups are quite well matched. Its all on paper of course and I've done this before with Utd and watched us get crushed but hey-ho. :)

Still don't think we have anythign to fear. Barkley & Rooney will be really interesting to watch, Rooney's just untouchable at the moment though.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:21:01 PM by The Good Citizen »
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

December 02, 2013, 08:09:30 PM
Reply #1

The Good Citizen

Next two games are a very good opporunity to take stock of where we are and what we can achieve, the teams around us have lots of winnable games so we need something from them. Losing to City was no disgrace but Utd look fragile and their crowd knows it too. IF we score first I just hope we press for a second, just impose ourselves like we did at Goodison in the reverse fixture last year.

Martinez has passed his first test of maintaining the form we showed under Moyes, these 2 games though could really smash that glass ceiling we've struggled with for the last few years. Winning under RM at Old Trafford at the first attempt after years of failure...the belief it would give the squad would be massive.

Feeling very up for this!

December 02, 2013, 08:24:05 PM
Reply #2

The Good Citizen

I try to not...but I do.  My "head" argument is that it's better to leave Arsenal with 0 points and Utd with 1, based on where each is in the Prem table.

I agree, to have any chance of staying above Utd at the end of the season (as unlikely as that may be) we need to see them in disarray for as long as possible. We're not catching Arsenal.

December 03, 2013, 08:26:04 PM
Reply #3

The Good Citizen

Is RVP defo out injured?

Not officially announced yet. To be honest, an 80% fit RVP might be better than a hungry to prove Hernandez playing off Rooney. Not sure which I'd rather face.

December 03, 2013, 09:02:34 PM
Reply #4

The Good Citizen

The press around Martinez playing with a freedom and expression that Moyes never encouraged.. I would imagine that must wrankle with him, especially as similar press is suggesting he has carried that caution with him to Old Trafford.

So I don't see any need to go gung-ho at them tomorrow, Utd at home will be expected to attack, have the majority of possesion and pin Everton back, we will need to be effective at playing a passing game in our own half with pressing utd players snapping at the man on the ball and closing down options. If we can handle that there should be plenty of space in behind to counter quickly but we have to earn the right to attack. Lukaku will also have to be effective at collecting the ball and letting us advance up the pitch, I think thats the one area that could be key tomorrow, if he can collect it hold a couple of seconds and offload it to Pienaar Barkley or Mirallas quickly we can break very quickly I'm sure. Fellaini will be sitting deep and recycling possesion to so he needs to press him and rush the pass, don't want to see Lukaku sat on the centre backs and letting Fellaini have an easy time of it, he needs to put a shift in tomorrow.

December 05, 2013, 03:35:32 AM
Reply #5

The Good Citizen

I shit it and had to turn the stream off.

December 05, 2013, 04:41:13 AM
Reply #6

The Good Citizen

Just delighted for Oviedo. Scared the missus shitless and woke the kids when we scored. Some of the play out of defence was brilliant, always an outball, no easy option ball. Jags is showing so much more on the ball.

Barry was just on another level too. Fuck it they all were. What a buzz.