0 (0%)
Jelavic (Sub)
0 (0%)
Osman (Sub)
2 (4.2%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Stoke v Everton  (Read 24712 times)

December 31, 2013, 05:31:45 PM
Reply #15

The Good Citizen

Should look something like this

Sorensen
Cameron
Shawcross
Wilson
Pieters
Whelan
N'Zonzi
Walters
Adam
Assaidi
Crouch

They will no doubt pack the midfield and pressure us but I still expect us to have the majority of possession. You look at that team and it hardly strikes you with fear but at the Britania they are always a handful. Its a case of controlling the game, keep the ball moving and not having another self made disaster and we should be beating these home advantage or not. Man for man or as a team, our XI is far superior.

1-3  Everton.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

December 31, 2013, 08:07:07 PM
Reply #16

hill135

Was this the fixture last season when we appeared to be playing a flat back 5? Did we win?

I think we can win this. These games have been difficult before because we've allowed to Stoke to drag us down to their level. Now we play more football and tend to stick to our gameplan when the opposition try to disrupt it. That and Stoke play a bit more football this year which should benefit us. Begovic out is a massive miss for them, probably as big a miss as player for any team in the league. He wins them a lot of points. I reckon we nick it 1-0
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 08:07:54 PM by hill135 »

December 31, 2013, 08:18:42 PM
Reply #17

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Was this the fixture last season when we appeared to be playing a flat back 5? Did we win?

I think we can win this. These games have been difficult before because we've allowed to Stoke to drag us down to their level. Now we play more football and tend to stick to our gameplan when the opposition try to disrupt it. That and Stoke play a bit more football this year which should benefit us. Begovic out is a massive miss for them, probably as big a miss as player for any team in the league. He wins them a lot of points. I reckon we nick it 1-0

We played 3 at the back at home, yes and won 1-0.

We drew 1-1 away where, predictably for last season we took the lead, missed some glorious chances and then made a calamitous error to gift the opposition a goal.

December 31, 2013, 08:22:08 PM
Reply #18

hill135

We played 3 at the back at home, yes and won 1-0.

We drew 1-1 away where, predictably for last season we took the lead, missed some glorious chances and then made a calamitous error to gift the opposition a goal.

Cheers. I knew we lined up that way against Stoke but couldn't remember which fixture. Must have been getting them confused. Was the 1-0 the one where Mirallas scored no the counter from their corner, running the whole length of the pitch?

December 31, 2013, 08:26:26 PM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Cheers. I knew we lined up that way against Stoke but couldn't remember which fixture. Must have been getting them confused. Was the 1-0 the one where Mirallas scored no the counter from their corner, running the whole length of the pitch?
Yeah same game

Simply simply lovely

December 31, 2013, 08:37:02 PM
Reply #20

Shogun

Administrator
OP on the first page has been updated, sorry about that.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 31, 2013, 08:40:07 PM
Reply #21

hill135

Yeah same game

Hopefully he does it again

December 31, 2013, 08:41:02 PM
Reply #22

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
OP on the first page has been updated, sorry about that.
bout time you lazy knee jerking kopite :)

Simply simply lovely

December 31, 2013, 08:56:47 PM
Reply #23

blueski

hoping deulofeu is getting massages to that hamstring to get himself back soon

also hoping oviedo isn't completely dropped for this; I like him as a player & want to see him get better
Nil Satis

December 31, 2013, 09:09:05 PM
Reply #24

Evertonian in NC

I doubt we push Bainesy on short rest after playing the full 90 in his first game back.  Suspect Oviedo starts at LB.  Will be nice to have the midfield band back together!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

December 31, 2013, 09:14:48 PM
Reply #25

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If distin is out baines will defo start imo

Simply simply lovely

December 31, 2013, 09:53:56 PM
Reply #26

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon we will line up like this

Howard

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 31, 2013, 09:54:12 PM
Reply #27

Heisenberg

Draw would feel like a loss to me, really need to win this type of game if we're to challenge for 4th. Fully expext liverpool to beat hull aswell

December 31, 2013, 10:24:48 PM
Reply #28

blueski

I wonder what our pairing in the middle would be if distin doesn't make it; would it be alcaraz/stones?
Nil Satis

December 31, 2013, 10:32:21 PM
Reply #29

The Good Citizen

I wonder what our pairing in the middle would be if distin doesn't make it; would it be alcaraz/stones?

Thats quite a cultured cb pairing, on a positive trip. I could see them just playing keep ball triangles with Barry for 90 minutes, just nutmegging Crouch.

Hoping Stones is our next best kept secret and will eventually step up and have everyone jizzing themselves silly.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day