0 (0%)
Jelavic (Sub)
0 (0%)
Osman (Sub)
2 (4.2%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Stoke v Everton  (Read 24704 times)

January 02, 2014, 03:29:06 AM
Reply #570

ihatecollina

And both those games we did not deserve to lose. The Fulham game was the most one sided first half I've ever seen. If it was a boxing match it would have been stopped. Last season against Leeds we were totally outplayed. There's the sifference

Agrees with this
The bird in the pink is back.....

January 02, 2014, 03:30:05 AM
Reply #571

Simon Paul

Administrator
Correct. When our best XI is playing we are a match for anyone. Resting players or rotating the squad exposes the weakness of the squad. In the League Cup match RM made a number of changes and we lost. In the Sunderland game he bizarrely dropped Barkley to the bench, we lost. Moyes  attempted to do this on a number of occasions over the years and got roasted for it

Moyes got roasted for making the same mistake over and over again over an eleven year period

Martinez has done this once.  In his first season.

January 02, 2014, 03:36:21 AM
Reply #572

Everton Mint

Hughes:  'I thought we deserved three points. We played really well.' 

:wanker:

January 02, 2014, 03:37:25 AM
Reply #573

ally2

My whole entire point to narrow it completely down is this:

The last few games are the first time we've looked at our squad and on the first viewing it doesn't look anywhere near the standard it needs to be at for a top 4 finish.

However our first 11 is certainly good enough. Based on everything we've seen from the best available team. To be in this position (lots of points) then to drop out is disheartening. I don't want to see us finish outside the top 4 and it's inevitable if we don't get better squad player in in January or get everyone fit. If we play shite. I'll say I don't take positives from bad performances

Ok thanks. You may be right about the squad for a top four finish but I think you'd agree that few really thought we would be in this position after appointing a new manager. We also have a transfer window to improve and have been told that there will be additions.

I also didn't think we were 'shite' and there are almost always positives to take from any situation (especially the last few games which were by no means a disaster). That's my outlook anyway.

January 02, 2014, 03:40:02 AM
Reply #574

Sozzled

Ok thanks. You may be right about the squad for a top four finish but I think you'd agree that few really thought we would be in this position after appointing a new manager. We also have a transfer window to improve and have been told that there will be additions.

I also didn't think we were 'shite' and there are almost always positives to take from any situation (especially the last few games which were by no means a disaster). That's my outlook anyway.

That's fine. Cheers

January 02, 2014, 03:52:28 AM
Reply #575

BlueNoseMike

Since the transfer window closed I can honestly say the only 2 results I am disappointed with are the Sunderland and Crystal Palace games, and even then the Sunderland game was a case of bad luck.

All the other dropped points are points that at the start of the season you wouldn't be too disheartened with dropping. Draws against Spurs and Liverpool are not bad, and neither is a draw at Stoke (one of the more formidable grounds), and the draw at the Emirates was superb.

So since the transfer window (and I believe you can only really judge our team on the team and squad since then), to have just 2 disappointing reslts is an excellent return for the side.

If we had the current squad from the start I'd have predicted at least 2 of the first 3 draws would have been wins and for that reason I am happy that despite playing catch up we are in the mix, and I am also quietly optimistic of 4th spot.

However, as others have said, in Martinez debut season anything in the top 6 would be a good season. Liverpool struggled to adapt at first under Rodgers but 12-18 months down the line they are looking a real force again, so I believe our future is bright too!

January 02, 2014, 03:54:48 AM
Reply #576

Sozzled

Since the transfer window closed I can honestly say the only 2 results I am disappointed with are the Sunderland and Crystal Palace games, and even then the Sunderland game was a case of bad luck.

All the other dropped points are points that at the start of the season you wouldn't be too disheartened with dropping. Draws against Spurs and Liverpool are not bad, and neither is a draw at Stoke (one of the more formidable grounds), and the draw at the Emirates was superb.

So since the transfer window (and I believe you can only really judge our team on the team and squad since then), to have just 2 disappointing reslts is an excellent return for the side.

If we had the current squad from the start I'd have predicted at least 2 of the first 3 draws would have been wins and for that reason I am happy that despite playing catch up we are in the mix, and I am also quietly optimistic of 4th spot.

However, as others have said, in Martinez debut season anything in the top 6 would be a good season. Liverpool struggled to adapt at first under Rodgers but 12-18 months down the line they are looking a real force again, so I believe our future is bright too!

Liverpool spent a few bob last January on two very good players. Let's see what we do. We need strength in depth. It's evident from the last 3

January 02, 2014, 03:55:54 AM
Reply #577

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Errrrrr one of moyes weaknesses was his reluctance to rotate the squad

January 02, 2014, 11:39:09 AM
Reply #578

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Dominating teams, hitting the crossbar and upright and having 4 certain goals blocked away from home against a difficult team to beat and it's our 4th game in 7 days makes me think we definitely going to be relegated
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 02, 2014, 01:04:49 PM
Reply #579

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder what people would moan about if we finished a season with 114 points.
Probably that they can't count to more than 100 so Everton can just f... o..

January 02, 2014, 02:55:23 PM
Reply #580

MmmBlueRamirez

Spot on mike.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama