November 23, 2017, 03:39:14 PM

Author Topic: Current league table  (Read 2524 times)

December 29, 2009, 06:13:54 AM
Read 2524 times

chang

sees us 11th and looking at those below us, I would not expext any of them to finish above us, but also looking at those above us, I think we will over haul Sunderland, maybe Fulham, and maybe Birmingham, but thats it for this season, too far behind.

deCoubertin

December 29, 2009, 07:22:48 AM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Will probably catch Liverpool too.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 29, 2009, 07:41:09 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'll make judgment after we've played some of the top teams early next year.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 29, 2009, 08:40:53 AM
Reply #3

American Evertonian

I am with Blargs.  I think we could do better than 11, but it all depends on what happens in February.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 29, 2009, 09:09:24 AM
Reply #4

Muttley

I think 8th or 9th is it for this season, playing better but just left too much to do

December 29, 2009, 11:13:38 AM
Reply #5

huck

Jan and Feb are going to be tough if we do well over these next months we could go on to get Europe again. Keep thinking positive and all that!
Le Berry

December 29, 2009, 03:21:16 PM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
8th looks to be it, but it depends on how people like Villa stay the course.

We were a similar distance behind them last season and overtook them, although I agree it looks more unlikely this year.

In the league it's more important that we look like we have regained form and therefore should be looking forward to the following season, plus at the same time giving us a basis for (hopefully) a couple of extended cup runs.

December 29, 2009, 03:28:37 PM
Reply #7

sharpattack

Mid table obscurity for us this year. It would seem we might take on the role of spoilers this season. As we get a bit stronger some of the teams competing for CL football are going to very wary of meeting us. The problem with that is that I was hoping that none of Villa, the shite, Shitty, or Spurs would make CL football!
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 29, 2009, 03:44:15 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Mid table obscurity for us this year. It would seem we might take on the role of spoilers this season. As we get a bit stronger some of the teams competing for CL football are going to very wary of meeting us. The problem with that is that I was hoping that none of Villa, the shite, Shitty, or Spurs would make CL football!

It's just so frustrating that yet again, not being able to plan our summer as we would like has effectively ruined our chances of 4th.

The way it's panning out, there's going to be a big chase for that spot which usually means a low(ish) total which would have kept us in with a shout.

December 29, 2009, 03:53:17 PM
Reply #9

Murf666

I think a top half finish of any sort and a couple of decent cup runs would have to count as a successful season from here on in.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

December 29, 2009, 04:31:36 PM
Reply #10

fast lane

I think Chang's initial assessment won't be far off.
But we are playing much better football than at the beginning of the season.
Which means we could end up a places higher, but that will be diffucult, as we have to play catch up.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 29, 2009, 07:52:24 PM
Reply #11

Rhys

I think we will finish 8th.

December 29, 2009, 08:08:10 PM
Reply #12

Haile GAZrselassie

i wrote this season off long ago. the summer cost us dear in terms of losing lescott and not bringing our own targets in till the last minute.

injuries hanging over from last season and picked up this, coupled with players having to play out of position/inexperienced players being thrown in at the deep end meant that the lads that the success we had achieved in recent times that was built on a regular starting 11 all knowing his specific role in the team, we'd lost that, and with it went points against the likes of burnley, stoke, wolves, brum etc.

providing we can get arteta and jags back in sooner rather than later then i think we'll be good for a top half finish, but it's important we dont expect too much from either of them. just look how long it's took yak to get back to anything like the player he was pre injury.

if we get a bit of good luck for a change (lord knows we deserve it) then a few good nights away in europe is what im hoping for in the new year.

keep hold of the likes of pienaar and saha and bring in a central midfielder with real flair in the summer and look forward to a injury free, strong push on europe in 2010/11.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 29, 2009, 08:19:29 PM
Reply #13

Rhys

It's interesting people still want a centre midfielder with flair. Surely that is Arteta? Last season when he was in the middle is how we all want to play, we controlled games and looked like beating and were beating all the dross (and there is a lot of it) in the league 3/4-0.

In my opinion we should be looking to have Arteta and Fellaini in the middle next year. And before long both of them with Rodwell with Pienaar and Bily on the wings. We dont have the funds to bring in great players so I would rather work on the current team and look to buy young talents like Moyes wanted to last summer and build them into the team gradually. And probably spend what little money we do have on a striker.

December 29, 2009, 08:22:54 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Given how little funds we have we can't really afford to buy a top level CM and then have one of that player, Arteta or Fellaini not playing.

If we do have money I'd go for either a direct winger or a striker who operates behind the front man. We don't have either of those in the squad.