10 (16.4%)
Pienaar (Sub)
11 (18%)
Naismith (Sub)
5 (8.2%)
Hibbert (Sub)
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Everton v Aston Villa  (Read 26291 times)

January 29, 2014, 11:20:49 PM
Read 26291 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton FC v Aston Villa
Goodison Park
Saturday 1st February 15:00
Premier League match 24

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Everton 4-0 QPR - FA Cup (Barkley, Jelavic x2, Coleman)
Everton 2-0 Norwich (Barry, Mirallas)
West Brom 1-1 Everton (Mirallas)
Stevenage 0-4 Everton - FA Cup (Naismith x2, Heitinga, Gueye)
Liverpool 4-0 Everton

Aston Villa's last 5 domestic results:

Sunderland 0-1 Aston Villa (Agbonlahor)
Aston Villa 1-2 Sheffield United - FA Cup (Helenius)
Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal (Benteke)
Liverpool 2-2 Aston Villa (Weimann, Benteke)
Aston Villa ?-? West Brom

Everton

This game can't come soon enough for the blues who are still seething from their annual Derby Day disappointment at Anfield after suffering just their 3rd defeat of the season which leaves them trailing bitter rivals Liverpool in 4th Place by 4 points. Everton were on a run of 7 away games without defeat (3 wins, 4 draws) before Tuesday night's exploits. It is the first time Everton have conceded 4 goals since drawing 4-4 at Old Trafford in April 2012 and it is the heaviest defeat since December 2006 after losing 4-0 to Aston Villa at Villa Park.

Despite that defeat, Martinez is still on course to lead one of Everton's best seasons in the Premier League. It's only the third time Everton have broken the 40 point barrier at this stage of the season. The first time Everton achieved this, it produceg Everton's highest Premier League finish, despite gaining just 17 points from the following 15 matches. Everton achieved their highest Premier League points tally in the only other season they'd achieved this feat.

Possible Line-Ups

Aston Villa

Aston Villa are in a bit of a dull patch of form at the moment despite sneaking into the top half of the table recently. They have 1 win and 2 draws in their last 6 matches and are 14th in the form table. Christian Benteke has scored 2 goals in 2 games after scoring against Arsenal and Liverpool, these were his first goals since 14th September 2013.

Aston Villa have picked up twice as many points away from home (16) than they have at home (8) as they go into their home match against West Brom tonight. They currently sit bottom of the 'home table' and can go above Everton in the away table should they take 3 points away from Goodison Park on Saturday which would take them into joint 4th.

Stats and Injuries

Goals and assist table to be inserted

Everton will definitely be without Romelu Lukaku for this match as his recovery is set to be 3-4 weeks following his injury sustained in the Merseyside Derby. He joins Darron Gibson, Arouna Kone and Bryan Oviedo on the sidelines who are long term injuries. Gerard Deulofeu isn't set to return until next week whilst Seamus Coleman and Sylvain Distin are set to return.

Libor Kozak and Jores Okore will both be missing with long term injuries whilst Charles N'Zogbia will also miss out. Gabriel Agbonlahor is set to return.

Head to Head table to be inserted
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 29, 2014, 11:41:21 PM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
I see everybody is excited about this game.

Badly need the back 4 back together.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 29, 2014, 11:44:17 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

petrified if I am honest. The way we set up and with our best players missing plays direct into their hands. If we get a few back and fitter then we will be too strong tho

Simply simply lovely

January 29, 2014, 11:47:06 PM
Reply #3

The Analog Kid

One of our past "bogey teams" that we seemed to have exorcised the demon from of late. A perfect opportunity to get back on track.....hopefully.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:47:27 PM by Analog Kid »

January 29, 2014, 11:47:52 PM
Reply #4

Tinga

Not really feeling Everton right now, maybe it's the massive hangover and utter disappointment of last night still lingering.

January 29, 2014, 11:53:37 PM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It could be a carbon copy of the derby if we don't restructure things at the back. They will play to counter attack, and Alcaraz/Jags combo would likely be a mess again. Have to hope Distin is back.

On top of that there is the situation up front where we don't have a recognized striker. Lukaku made the difference last time out, but we were also fortunate Benteke missed his penalty. Naismith is not a lone striker. Maybe time to bring Vellios in from the cold if we don't have any luck signing anyone else before the window closes.

We have to find a way to win though.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:54:14 PM by blueToffee »

January 30, 2014, 12:03:27 AM
Reply #6

cantoffee

They have great pace up front, if we are aware of that and can keep an eye on Delph and his runs forward from midfield we should still come out on top.

We are very good at home and although Villa have been good away from home we should still be winning this game.

I think we will have Distin back for this but probably not Coleman. With Pienaar and Barkley a bit sharper and either Mirallas or Traore up-top I think we have a good chance to come out strong and put the derby behind us.

January 30, 2014, 12:46:29 AM
Reply #7

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Proper dangerous game this one. Villa are another bogey side and the last thing we need right now is to come up against a horrible little pacy shit with a great scoring record against us, but thats what we face in Gabriel Agbonlahor

A win would be magnificent here and NO NEW INJURIES
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 30, 2014, 01:05:22 AM
Reply #8

marky v

Big performance needed and I reckon we'll have it, the lads will start a big recovery period

January 30, 2014, 01:19:43 AM
Reply #9

The Analog Kid

Agbonlahor a major doubt for tonight and also the game on Saturday. That could be a bonus.

January 30, 2014, 01:28:45 AM
Reply #10

Cozzie

Need a top performance here to get that game out of our systems. Expect us to win 5-1

January 30, 2014, 01:30:40 AM
Reply #11

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I would play (if fit)

Howard
Coleman, Jags, Distin, Baines
        McCarthy, Barry
McGeady, Barkley, Mirallas
             Naismith

Hopefully Traore will make the bench.

Lookin forward to the game anyway and like others have said, need a win, with spurs away next up.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:31:04 AM by Lizz88 »
I have to return some videotapes.

January 30, 2014, 01:33:41 AM
Reply #12

jongre123

Deulofeu will be on the bench for this.

January 30, 2014, 01:35:17 AM
Reply #13

sharpattack

A must win
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

January 30, 2014, 01:35:31 AM
Reply #14

indiantoffee1975

How long has it been since we beat villa 03/04 season? I think confidence will have been severely shattered after conceding four and with Lukaku now out, I hope not, but my gut feeling is that the pain will go on. There front three could possibly destroy us. I think Villa will win this 2-0