3 (11.5%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 40150 times)

February 03, 2014, 08:44:40 AM
Read 40150 times

Shogun

Administrator

Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC
White Hart Lane
Sunday 9th February 13:30
Premier League Match 25

Tottenham's last 5 domestic results:

Arsenal 2-0 Tottenham - FA Cup
Tottenham 2-0 Crystal Palace (Defoe, Eriksen)
Swansea City 1-3 Tottenham (Adebayor x2, O.G.)
Tottenham 1-5 Manchester City (Capoue)
Hull City 1-1 Tottenham (Paulinho)

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Everton 2-0 Norwich (Barry, Mirallas)
West Brom 1-1 Everton (Mirallas)
Stevenage 0-4 Everton - FA Cup (Naismith x2, Heitinga, Gueye)
Liverpool 4-0 Everton
Everton 2-1 Aston Villa (Naismith, Mirallas)

Tottenham

Tottenham dropped into 6th Place at the weekend as Sherwood's 4-4-2 Tottenham could only manage a 1-1 draw against Hull, who recorded their first point and goal of 2014. Since the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas, Spurs have taken 17 points from a possible 24 including wins over Manchester United and Southampton in the top half, though suffered a hefty 5-1 defeat in their last home game to Manchester City having been reduced to 10 men.

Aston Villa are the only top half team to have gained fewer points at home in the Premier League this season than Tottenham. Tottenham have only earned 18 points from their current total of 44 at home and have a negative goal difference due to heavy defeats by West Ham, Manchester City and Liverpool. Tottenham have scored in each of their last 8 Premier League fixtures (Since Tim Sherwood took over) which is the 4th best run in the league behind Liverpool (14), Manchester City (12) and Manchester United (9).

Possible Line ups

Everton

Everton go into this game on the back of a fantastic comeback last weekend at home to Aston Villa. Everton turned around a 1-0 half time deposit to win the game late on with Naismith slotting home before Mirallas unleashed an incredible 30 yard free-kick to record an 8th home win of the season. In a weekend where Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United dropped points, Everton jumped into 5th place, just 2 points behind Liverpool. It was the first time Everton have completed the double over Aston Villa since 1987. It's the first time Everton have beaten Aston Villa at Goodison Park in the Premier League since 2006.

Everton are on course for 71 points this season, should the points per game figure continue (it won't). Everton are projected to gain 26 points from the remaining 14 games. This would mean Everton had gained 34 points since the turn of the year which would be Everton's third highest since the Premier League began. Everton haven't kept a clean sheet on the road in their last 5 matches and are 3 matches without an away win.

Stats & Injuries

Tottenham are likely to be without Andros Townsend and Erik Lamela who aren't set to return until the match which follows this fixture. Mousa Dembele could also miss out whilst Sandro is set to return.

Everton are without long term injuries Arouna Kone, Darron Gibson and Bryan Oviedo whilst Romelu Lukaku is still a few weeks away from fitness. Lacina Traore and Gerard Deulofeu are both set to return from injury.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 03, 2014, 11:22:09 AM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Traore could be a sub for this?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 03, 2014, 01:25:26 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Nice work Shogs. I got a particular kick out of seeing S. Coleman lining up in the right back position.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 03, 2014, 02:05:12 PM
Reply #3

GrantyBoy78

They're not prolific scorers and they concede most games. We've got to fancy our chances here. That said, they've still got a lot of talented players. And early goal from us to put Sherwood and his team under pressure.

1 -  2 Naismith and Barkley

February 03, 2014, 02:41:19 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Coleman being back could be huge for us although coming back from injury not expecting too much for him. Its should be a good game. Our passing style suits aways and should hopefully be enough to do tottenham

February 03, 2014, 02:43:22 PM
Reply #5

Trowel

Looking forward to Mirallas and Coleman up against Danny Rose, but centre midfield is where this game will be won or lost.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 03, 2014, 02:55:15 PM
Reply #6

The Good Citizen

Everton are on course for 71 points this season, should the points per game figure continue (it won't).

It will. ;)
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

February 03, 2014, 03:56:03 PM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Coleman always has a good game against Spurs, hope he plays
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 03, 2014, 04:02:24 PM
Reply #8

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
A chance to really set our season up for a grandstand finish, 3 points here would be magical. Hopefully Gerry D and Coleman back and also Barkley playing more like himself
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 03, 2014, 04:07:27 PM
Reply #9

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
A chance to really set our season up for a grandstand finish, 3 points here would be magical. Hopefully Gerry D and Coleman back and also Barkley playing more like himself

Gerry D??? Bally gonna kill you

February 03, 2014, 04:10:54 PM
Reply #10

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Gerry D??? Bally gonna kill you

He's in my clique.we cool!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 03, 2014, 04:12:36 PM
Reply #11

The Good Citizen

Coleman only knows one way to play, can't see him easing himself back in for this one. Good to see that back 4 together again though.

February 03, 2014, 04:13:00 PM
Reply #12

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He's in my clique.we cool!

Good for you. I need a mod in my clique too...

<Goes to look for MILF for Thom>

February 03, 2014, 04:26:35 PM
Reply #13

The Good Citizen

Fantasy Clique league? Player value based on Karma?

February 03, 2014, 08:32:50 PM
Reply #14

Dreggs

Coleman back and Barkley a bit fitter too..
But the late 60 minutes Barcelona kids appearance is what excites me more :)

Jobs, Homes, Friends, Family and Women
will always come and go...

Only one thing will be with me for every day
I breathe on this earth...  "EVERTON FC"