0 (0%)
Naismith (pick this answer) (sub)
38 (76%)
Osman (sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Everton v Swansea  (Read 19635 times)

February 17, 2014, 01:53:59 AM
Reply #450

sam of the south

Ossis didn't really seem to get involved much. Didn't do anything wrong or vice versa.

Ah right...my answer would be no then! Decent squad player though and is very useful in the right type of game.

I see.

My old man seems to think Pienaar lost possession an awful lot; Is this true, or is this because he was one of the few trying things and taking responsibility?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 17, 2014, 02:00:28 AM
Reply #451

Paddockoldie

I thought we were a  bit wobbly especially the first half.. the tippy tappy stuff only works if players keep moving into spaces, which I didn't think ee did very well... could see us getting caught out with thier goal before it happend... some sloppy hospital balls at times... glad it's over. Pienaar not fit and off pace, same with barkley.. barry and Mccarthy also not in the groove but got better.. still think we could end up too predictable with total passing game if not careful... you can predict the pass a mile off.
glad the rs are out as we've got a better chance against arsenal,  but long way to go yet and only good teams left... if we beat arsenal we'll get city in semi is my bet...
need to get key players fitter and hope for some luck...a better team could  have done us today

February 17, 2014, 02:11:35 AM
Reply #452

Alanvideo

Just  got back from the match ,not the best but we got through. 31,000 was a good gate for a game on ITV and considering Swansea brought only about 300 fans . But it was the quietest I've known Goodison for a long time  ,even the Street End were almost silent. 
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 17, 2014, 02:11:40 AM
Reply #453

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I see.

My old man seems to think Pienaar lost possession an awful lot; Is this true, or is this because he was one of the few trying things and taking responsibility?

Hmm thought Pienaar had a good game. Saying that, thanks to carling, I can probably only remember 90 seconds worth of the 90 minutes I've just witnessed!
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

February 17, 2014, 03:24:43 AM
Reply #454

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Just  got back from the match ,not the best but we got through. 31,000 was a good gate for a game on ITV and considering Swansea brought only about 300 fans . But it was the quietest I've known Goodison for a long time  ,even the Street End were almost silent. 

Awful atmosphere for a cup match.

Standard "we should be beating these" approach from the crowd.

February 17, 2014, 03:27:43 AM
Reply #455

Alanvideo

I see.

...............the second bit.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 17, 2014, 04:34:07 AM
Reply #456

Gash

Global Moderator
I shall die a happy man safe in the knowledge that I saw the great Leroy Leta play football.  ;) Can't believe he's claiming a living as a Premier League footballer.

Far to early to make a judgement on Traore even they he was pretty guff. I think he had about six touches in the first half, four of which were awful, one was a stuck out leg for the goal and the other was his header. But he hasn't played for a while and is coming back from injury and in an unfamiliar league. Today was probably the ideal game to give him his first 60 minutes of football.

February 17, 2014, 04:36:02 AM
Reply #457

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
That Alvaro Vazquez is the most utterly pathetic footballer I've ever seen.

February 17, 2014, 05:44:08 AM
Reply #458

bluestevie

Roberto summed it up best calling it a professional performance. Thought we looked very shaky at the back first half and last few minutes, whether that was cos Robles was in goal or just Swansea's tactics I don't know, would prefer to see Howard back in for the Arsenal game

Atmosphere was pretty dead all round, didn't realise how little Swansea's support was till we got a throw in in front of them, was a little bit surprised at that but then again we play them again at GP in about 4 weeks so they might have a better support then.
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

February 17, 2014, 05:46:27 AM
Reply #459

Shogun

Administrator
They've got Napoli on Thursday as well.

They were always going to field a weakened team too.

No surprise about their following from me.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth