1 (2.4%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 30464 times)

February 17, 2014, 04:50:56 AM
Read 30464 times

Shogun

Administrator

Chelsea FC v Everton FC
Stamford Bridge
Saturday 22nd February 12:45
Premier League Match Day 27

Chelsea's last 5 domestic results:

Chelsea 0-0 West Ham
Manchester City 0-1 Chelsea (Ivanovic)
Chelsea 3-0 Newcastle (Hazard x3)
West Brom 1-1 Chelsea (Ivanovic)
Manchester City 2-0 Chelsea - FA Cup

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Stevenage 0-4 Everton - FA Cup (Naismith x2, Heitinga, Gueye)
Liverpool 4-0 Everton
Everton 2-1 Aston Villa (Naismith, Mirallas)
Tottenham 1-0 Everton
Everton 3-1 Swansea - FA Cup (Traore, Naismith, Baines Pen)

Chelsea

Chelsea's 2-0 exit from the FA Cup by the hands of Manchester City means that Jose Mourinho's men only have 2 chances of glory left this season having seen the League Cup go by earlier in the season to Sunderland. The performance in the FA Cup was a stark contrast to what happened in the league at the Ethiad Stadium as Chelsea failed to mount a single attempt on target last Saturday. Some of Chelsea's star performers are starting to show signs of fatigue, in particular Eden Hazard who has started 7 matches in the space of 24 days along with Willian who has started 6 of those matches in the same period. Some under-performing players such as Salah and Schurrle aren't making selections easy along with a collection of strikers who aren't strong enough to lead a title winning team.

Chelsea unbeaten Premier League home record under Jose Mourinho has always been well documented and it has been a big part of why Chelsea currently sit top of the Premier League table. They're the only team in the Premier League unbeaten at home and have only dropped points to West Ham United and West Bromwich Albion this season. That current record under the manager stands at 73 matches unbeaten in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge.

Possible Line Ups

Everton

Everton's midweek Premier League game was called off due to adverse weather conditions which was perhaps an advantage going into the 5th round of the FA Cup on Sunday. Despite an average first half, Everton managed the win after a more inspired second half and a fantastic cameo appearance from Steven Naismith put Everton into the Quarter Finals where a trip to the Emirates awaits. Everton need to get their top 4 campaign back on track in what will be a seriously difficult test following consecutive away defeats to Liverpool and Tottenham.

Everton have had 2 penalties this season but only 1 of them has come in the Premier League as Leighton Baines rescued a point away to Stoke from the spot. No team has conceded more penalties than the 6 that Everton have tallied up and no team has a worse ratio of Penalties awarded and conceded. However, only 3 of those 6 penalties have been scored with Sturridge skying his effort in the derby over the bar whilst Howard saved a penalty at Villa Park and was credited with a save away to Manchester City.

Stats & Injuries

Chelsea will definitely be without midfielder Marco Van Ginkel who is out with an ACL injury until April whilst John Terry is judged to be 50/50 for the match. Everton will certainly be without Darron Gibson, Arouna Kone and Bryan Oviedo who are all long term injuries whilst Antolin Alcaraz and Romelu Lukaku aren't set to return until the start of March. The latter isn't eligible to play anyway due to Premier League rules regarding loan signings.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:18:58 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 17, 2014, 04:55:45 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Am surprised we have such a poor record against Chelsea.

Would hope Traore is up front, leaving the assassin on the bench to come off to score the winner.

Amazed we've conceded so many penalties.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:58:49 AM by blargins »
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 17, 2014, 06:16:04 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Naisy is already 2 in 3 against Chelsea.

Hat trick, easily.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 17, 2014, 07:39:36 AM
Reply #3

Redartin

If we fail to win in this game we will only have won two out of seven League games since New Years Day.
Hardly CL material, is it?
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

February 17, 2014, 12:01:16 PM
Reply #4

Heisenberg

Usually expect a loss here, so a point would be good

February 17, 2014, 03:11:52 PM
Reply #5

The Good Citizen

That penalty stat is depressing, Ozzy had to be kicke three times to get our solitary kick as well and conceeding more than anyone else too. City Utd and Chelsea haven't had a single penalty awarded against them all season too.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:12:21 PM by The Good Citizen »
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

February 17, 2014, 04:45:00 PM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Bizarre that Cardiff have had none for and none against.

Although we were denied that blatant one on Baines at the start of the season against them.

February 17, 2014, 05:52:00 PM
Reply #7

Heisenberg

I dont think its that surprising, we hardly ever have the ball in the box to win pens. We should of had about 3 blatant ones though

February 17, 2014, 06:01:17 PM
Reply #8

Les Trebilcock

If we fail to win in this game we will only have won two out of seven League games since New Years Day.

You're right, I think we're going have to win 12 of our remaining games...on current form, can't see it.
You can take that to the bank.

February 17, 2014, 06:44:59 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

No.

Losing to Sunderland wasn't a disaster in terms of CL. Not winning against any of S'land, Stoke and West Brom is.

Similarly, emotive issues aside, the stuffing at Anfield wasn't a disaster in terms of CL. Losing to L'pool, Spurs and those other 3 results means that we almost have to win at Chelsea.

February 17, 2014, 06:55:24 PM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
One big game can change momentum. At the moment it's hard to see us in our current form winning the game but if we could find a way to do it it would give us a much needed boost in confidence that could make a huge difference in the run in.

Is it too much to hope for a couple of games against Chelsea where they can't find a way to score?

February 17, 2014, 07:02:14 PM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
There is always the hope that Mourinho must lose a home league game with Chelsea at some point so why not this one!

February 17, 2014, 07:04:24 PM
Reply #12

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
There is always the hope that Mourinho must lose a home league game with Chelsea at some point so why not this one!
Was thinking this the other day, really really hope it sus that do it

Simply simply lovely

February 17, 2014, 07:09:24 PM
Reply #13

Les Trebilcock

Oh yeah, I forgot about that 'stat'. If we win it will (or should be) be a massive boost - a 2 feather in the cap occasion.
You can take that to the bank.

February 17, 2014, 07:10:46 PM
Reply #14

Ross

Didn't Cahill wrongly have what should have been a very late winning goal ruled out last time Mourinho was in charge of them?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.