1 (2.4%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 30457 times)

February 21, 2014, 10:24:36 PM
Reply #60

Shogun

Administrator
Chelsea have lost none of their last 18 Barclays Premier League home games against Everton (W9 D9).

Chelsea have had win/win results in their last five home wins

Steven Naismith has scored in two of his three Barclays Premier League appearances against Chelsea.

The Londoners have won just three of the last 11 Premier League games against the Toffees (W3 D4 L4).

Chelsea have had Over 2.5 goals in their last five home matches against top-six teams

There have been four goals in the opening 15 minutes of the last four meetings between Chelsea and Everton.

All six of Samuel Eto’o’s Premier League goals for Chelsea have been scored at Stamford Bridge.

Everton have had both teams scoring in their last four away matches against Chelsea

Everton have scored 10 goals through defenders this season in the Premier League, more than any other side. Their opponents Chelsea have seen six goals from defenders (third most).

Six of Everton’s last 11 Premier League goals have been scored from outside the box; three of which have been netted by Kevin Mirallas.

Chelsea have had 2-1 scorelines in their last four home wins against top-six teams

Jose Mourinho’s side are on the longest unbeaten run in the Premier League currently (11 games – W8 D3). 

Mourinho’s unbeaten home record as a Premier League manager now stands at 73 games (W57 D16). 

Roberto Martinez has lost all four of his previous Premier League trips to Stamford Bridge as a manager.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:26:23 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 21, 2014, 10:38:51 PM
Reply #61

cantoffee

Grease your asshole Jose because you're about to get fucked.

February 22, 2014, 12:09:54 AM
Reply #62

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
MOB...

Apart from mad twattings, open goal misses by Hugo Rodallega and hilarious Steven Caldwell mishaps at the back, Roberto Martinez’s Wigan Athletic sides were chiefly known for coming on strong towards the end of the season. Hopefully the same – the tails up during the tail end bit – can also be true of his first season in charge of Everton, because after something of a dip since Christmas there are still footballing worlds to be conquered for his Stanley Park Spartans.

Well, the FA Cup anyway.

Unfortunately, thanks to the contempt for supporters that is more or less becoming Arsenal’s hallmark, only five thousand Evertonians will reap the fruits of the Blues’ labours against Swansea and get to watch the quarter-final live at the Emirates. Honestly, because of the high profile nature of the takeovers at Manchester City and Chelsea, the Gunners have somehow managed to portray themselves as some sort of bastions of fairness and good taste in the top four, but there’s no worse cunts around for acting as if they are doing the peasants, and that includes their own punters – resplendent in their Dr Dre headphones – a favour by letting them into their new ground.

But that’s for another day.

The Blues secured their place in the draw by beating a weakened Swansea side 3-1 at Goodison. They made harder work of it, especially in the first half and despite a dream opening when, after only a few minutes Lacina Traore marked his last first game in an oversized Everton nightie by gracefully back-ankling Sylvain Distin’s low shot past Gerhard Tremmel.

Unfortunately though the big unit hardly touched the ball again until he got hawked off in the second half and from the position he is at now, having been out for so long with injury and only playing in Russia when he was fit, it seems to be asking a lot for him to get up to speed with the English game and to the level of fitness necessary for him to make much of an impact for the Toffees between now and the end of the season. For a start, Romelu Lukaku will probably be back after the Chelsea game and, on the evidence of the Swansea tie, Steven Naismith is also quite a way ahead of the elongated Ivorian attacker in terms of the ability to lead the thin blue line.

The Scottish striker has hardly had it easy since joining the club but he has certainly improved under Martinez and has a knack of snatching important goals. Indeed, his was the decisive intervention when, on for Traore, he instinctively anticipated Neil Taylor’s backpass and clipped the ball past Tremmel and into the Gwladys Street net. Naismith, who probably moves more intelligently than Lukaku – just nowhere near as quickly – was also poleaxed for the penalty that Leighton Baines converted to seal the victory.

The trip to Arsenal hardly represents the most straightforward of the possible quarter-final draws but is there any great reason to fear the Gunners? The last time we went down there, fresh after beating Manchester United at Old Trafford, we put on a performance that perhaps encapsulated the Martinez era so far. In terms of possession and intelligence on the ball, Everton were incredible that night and probably only the liquid football of Bayern Munich has surpassed that performance at that stadium this season. However, perhaps unsurprisingly, the brewstered Bavarians overshadowed Everton in their quality and ruthlessness in the ‘money positions’ in the final third.

By the time we return though, the scorer of the Blues’ wondrous equaliser in the leaguer game, Gerard Deulofeu, should be back nearer full fitness, and hopefully Ross Barkley will no longer playing like his piles are killing him, so the Blues might just have enough to edge their way into the semi-finals.

It will certainly be an easier task than overturning Chelsea at Stamford Bridge this weekend.  Because say what you like about boring little narcissist Jose Mourinho, for instance he’s a boring little narcissist, but that cat knows his stuff. The best example of this fact is the way the press and public alike openly mocked him for ‘losing the plot’ for hardly using Juan Mata, but almost £40 million in transfer fee later the admittedly talented Spaniard looks as lost as everyone else as part of David Moyes’s Old Trafford confuse-a-thon – and just wait until they have to start trying to shoehorn Marouane Fellaini back into that side again – while Mourinho’s Blues are beginning to take shape as a strong-running, high pressure counter-attacking team.

The sort that can really punish teams who are prone to dithering on the ball at the back.

Just saying.

When Chelsea were struggling for goals early in the season Mourinho’s faculties were again openly questioned because he let Lukaku go out on loan. But much as we are desperate to see the burly Belgian back in an Everton shirt the young striker has displayed enough weaknesses already this season that you could definitely make a case again for Mourinho judging that situation spot on.

‘He’s good,’ he would argue. ‘But not yet good enough for a side competing for the top prizes.’

It’s just about our toughest game of the year then, this one. As ever though, we go with that distinct whiff of Roberto romance surrounding us. We do enough of the basics really well that we almost always give ourselves a ‘platform’ to perform in any game and then beyond that we have just enough players capable of doing the unpredictable that no win for us, even at somewhere formidable like Stamford Bridge or the Emirates, would really come as that big a surprise to anyone.

In short, we’re still ace and we now have added Duncan Ferguson on the first-team coaching staff. The surly Scot has been doing all his coaching badges and serving his apprenticeship with the Everton kids. No doubt he has worked extremely diligently if he has impressed so much that someone who takes the game as seriously as Martinez wants him as part of his inner circle, and for that he is to be applauded. Still, for all that hard work and studious dedication, the first time that there is even the slightest hint of an altercation near the Toffees’ technical area you can guarantee that all sorts of fat lads and frail grandparents alike will be out of their ejector seats and imploring him to ‘FUCKENTWATIMDUNCANLAD!’

Which is the way it should be, clearly.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

February 22, 2014, 12:33:22 AM
Reply #63

Shogun

Administrator

February 22, 2014, 02:14:06 AM
Reply #64

bluegrant

3 points tomorrow guys ,changed my mind from 0-1 to 1-2 the big man and kev. :thumbsup:

February 22, 2014, 05:46:54 PM
Reply #65

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
AN HOUR TO GO  i feel sick.
I have to return some videotapes.

February 22, 2014, 05:47:18 PM
Reply #66

Shogun

Administrator
Howard Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines Barry McCarthy Pienaar Osman Mirallas Traore

Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Naismith, Barkley, Stones
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:48:21 PM by Shogun »

February 22, 2014, 05:50:45 PM
Reply #67

Shogun

Administrator
Pretty much strongest team possible for Chelsea

@chelseafc: Chelsea team today: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Lampard, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Eto'o. #CFC

February 22, 2014, 05:51:43 PM
Reply #68

ally2

I think Mourinho will do a job on us tactically. Except Traore is a bit of an unknown. So maybe that could help. It's interesting as we like to keep the ball but they are the home team. At the beginning of the season, I would have thought we might have had a better chance away from home for that reason.

February 22, 2014, 05:52:26 PM
Reply #69

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Would have preferred McGeady to Osman but oh well. COYBB
I have to return some videotapes.

February 22, 2014, 05:54:45 PM
Reply #70

Ross

It's going to be a very tough today and we will need to be on top of our game to get even a point out of this. Hopefully we can keep it tight until the last 20 and then release the power and pace of Barkley and Deulofeu onto their ponderous centrebacks and holding midfield players.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 22, 2014, 05:56:05 PM
Reply #71

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I would've started Barkley and think traore will be lost today. Judging by the Swansea game he won't be holding it up much, I would've preferred Naismith.

Saying that it might all work a treat!
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

February 22, 2014, 05:59:13 PM
Reply #72

Bluedylan

Not optimistic today, but hope I'm wrong. Just think they look very strong, and they're well rested. Maybe Traore could be our wildcard and maybe Seamus and Kev could give Azpilicueta some problems. Would take a massive display from the boys to get a point today, and a win would be dreamland. Come on Blues.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 22, 2014, 06:00:09 PM
Reply #73

Thornton_19

We keep the ball better when Osman plays instead of Barkley. I think he's made the change for that reason. To get anything from this game we cannot let them dominate the flow of the game.

February 22, 2014, 06:03:29 PM
Reply #74

Shogun

Administrator
Osman has played way too  much this season.