0 (0%)
McGeady (Sub)
2 (5.3%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Barkley (sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Everton v Cardiff  (Read 22247 times)

March 09, 2014, 09:46:18 AM
Read 22247 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton v Cardiff City
Goodison Park
Saturday 15th March
Premier League Match Day 29

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Tottenham 1-0 Everton
Everton 3-1 Swansea - FA Cup (Traore, Naismith, Baines Pen)
Chelsea 1-0 Everton
Everton 1-0 West Ham (Lukaku)
Arsenal 4-1 Everton - FA Cup (Lukaku)

Cardiff's last 5 domestic results:

Cardiff 0-0 Aston Villa
Cardiff 1-2 Wigan - FA Cup (Campbell)
Cardiff 0-4 Hull
Tottenham 1-0 Cardiff
Cardiff 3-1 Fulham (Caulker x2, O.G)

Everton

Everton crashed out of the FA Cup last weekend as they were defeated 4-1 by Arsenal in a score which flattered the the home side. Romelu Lukaku continued his return with 2 goals in 2 whilst Everton conceded their 7th penalty of the season. Everton have won each of their last 4 matches in the league and haven't had a draw at Goodison Park for 7 matches.

Everton own the 2nd worst record against bottom half teams this season despite just the one defeat although Everton have taken 6 points from the current 10th place team in West Ham and only Chelsea have played fewer matches against bottom half sides. Interestingly only 1 of the 6 draw came at home against West Brom earlier in the season, the other 5 were away to Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Norwich, Stoke, and West Brom

Possible Line-ups

Cardiff

Cardiff ended a run of 4 defeats in a row at the weekend without scoring a goal in any of them as they beat Fulham 3-1 at home in what was Ole-Gunnar Solksjaer's second win as Cardiff manager in 9 Premier League matches. Cardiff going to this away game having lost each of their last 7 on the road which is the worst current run in the league (Norwich are next with 4). They've also failed to score on their last 3 trips which came at Tottenham, Swansea and Manchester United.

David Marshall has made more saves than any other keeper in the league this season having made 22 more saves than the next goalkeeper in Sunderland's Vito Mannone. Of the goalkeepers to play in 20 more matches, Marshall is the only goalkeeper who has averaged a save less than every 30 minutes. However, the goalkeeper has conceded more goals than any other this season (49) which goes to show how much worse off Cardiff would be without him.

Stats and Injuries

Long Term injuries Arouna Kone, Darron Gibson and Bryan Oviedo along with loanee Lacina Traore will all miss out this game whilst Phil Jagielka and Antolin Alcaraz are set to return. Steven Pienaar also picked up a knock in his last outing. Cardiff will be without Mark Hudson who has a hamstring injury whilst Andrew Taylor has a knock.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:46:40 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 09, 2014, 11:01:22 AM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Naturally, one of the worse teams in the division comes to us with a little bit of confidence after ours has just taken a hammering.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 09, 2014, 03:09:01 PM
Reply #2

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Should have been going to this but got a bloody photography dark room workshop booked :(
Think we will win 2-1 though, I would say 3-1 but it seems we can't finish off possession so ill just stick with the 2. Need a good performance and get back to concentrating on the league!

I have to return some videotapes.

March 09, 2014, 03:47:53 PM
Reply #3

sharpattack

We should stuff this lot, easily the worst team in the league. 6th place is still there for the taking
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

March 09, 2014, 03:50:57 PM
Reply #4

phillyt

I'm going and I think my seat is right next to the away section. Ooooh I can smell the cheese on toast breath now.

Think we will be looking to hammer these 3/4-0
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

March 09, 2014, 03:55:57 PM
Reply #5

marky v

Biggest win of the season coming

March 09, 2014, 04:21:19 PM
Reply #6

indiantoffee1975

They will probably park the bus and take a point

March 09, 2014, 04:23:22 PM
Reply #7

blob

after the gloom of saturday, i reckon it might be another fingernail job. shouldn't be, as cardiff are shite, but we might be a bit low on confidence.

March 09, 2014, 04:40:10 PM
Reply #8

Cozzie

I think Martinez will have them up for this, its basically a fight for 5th, that what the season has become now, we should beat these and do it comfortably.

3-0

March 09, 2014, 05:45:52 PM
Reply #9

Simon Paul

Administrator
after the gloom of saturday, i reckon it might be another fingernail job. shouldn't be, as cardiff are shite, but we might be a bit low on confidence.

crowd will be tense for this one

first mistake is definitely getting a groan from the Gwladys I reckon

if Cardiff score first we can expect out players to get all kinds of abuse

plus it's "only" Cardiff, so most will expect us to have won just by turning up

March 09, 2014, 05:52:03 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'm shocked that they have beaten us more than we've beaten them in the past.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

March 09, 2014, 05:55:37 PM
Reply #11

Snipellis11

I really hope we bounce back and batter these on saturday, like proper batter them.

March 09, 2014, 07:22:36 PM
Reply #12

Ross

I think its going to be a very interesting weekend, this set of fixtures could be crucial to how the season pans out. Utd play the shit, Spurs have Arsenal ,Newcastle are away to Fulham and Southampton are at home to Norwhich.

A win and results go our way means 5th place is very much on, a draw and results go against us and we get dragged into a battle for 6/7/8th with teams closing in and our momentum possibly stalling.

I expect a nervy and difficult first half but we should have enough quality to see this through by a few goals.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 09, 2014, 08:23:07 PM
Reply #13

Shogun

Administrator
I'm shocked that they have beaten us more than we've beaten them in the past.

Just a case of how many really.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 09, 2014, 09:13:12 PM
Reply #14

cantoffee

Just a case of how many really.

As usual.