0 (0%)
Naismith (Sub)
1 (2.4%)
Osman (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Everton v Swansea  (Read 21322 times)

March 17, 2014, 06:32:50 AM
Read 21322 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton v Swansea City
Goodison Park
Saturday 22nd March 15:00
Premier League Match Day 30

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Everton 3-1 Swansea - FA Cup (Traore, Naismith, Baines Pen)
Chelsea 1-0 Everton
Everton 1-0 West Ham (Lukaku)
Arsenal 4-1 Everton - FA Cup (Lukaku)
Everton 2-1 Cardiff (Deulofeu, Coleman)

Swansea's last 5 domestic results:

Stoke 1-1 Swansea (Chico)
Everton 3-1 Swansea - FA Cup (De Guzman)
Liverpool 4-3 Swansea (Shelvey, Bony Pen, O.G.)
Crystal Palace 1-1 Swansea (De Guzman)
Swansea 1-2 West Brom (Lamah)

Everton

Seamus Coleman's last gasp miss-hit shot into the top corner against Cardiff at the weekend recorded Everton's fifth home win a row since losing to Sunderland towards the end of 2013. This is currently the best home run in the league with Chelsea, Liverpool and West Ham in second place with 3 wins in a row at home. Only Chelsea (23) and Manchester City (27) have conceded fewer than Everton's 28 this season and only Manchester City (3), Chelsea (4) and Liverpool (5) and dropped fewer points than Everton (9) at home this season.

Everton are two points better off this season in comparing points won from the 2012-13 corresponding fixtures and that can increase to 4 points should Everton beat Swansea City who came away with a 0-0 draw from Goodison Park last season. It may not sound that impressive but when you consider that not only has a whole new style of play been implemented but the whole direction and identity of the club is undergoing change and that last season was one of Everton's most successful in the Premier League. In terms of transitional seasons, Roberto Martinez's first season has been excellent.

Possible Line-ups

Swansea

Swansea were on the wrong end of a late goal in their match against West Brom as they conceded in the 85th minute of the match to lose all the points despite taking a very early lead in the match. Only West Brom (16), Fulham (13) and Sunderland (12) have earned fewer points than Swansea (17) this season. Swansea are now four league matches without a victory with the last one coming in Garry Monk's first match as manager. Swansea have failed to win in their last 8 away matches picking up 3 draws in those matches. Their last away win came on 23rd November in a 2-1 win over Fulham.

It's still early days for Monk in the Premier League and although Swansea will have expected a lot more than one point from Crystal Palace and west Brom at home, they suffered a narrow defeat at Anfield and picked up a good point at Stoke and thrashed Cardiff. They've scored in each game with 9 goals overall but have conceded 8 (4 in one match v Liverpool). By the looks of the table, it'll be Cardiff and West Brom fans who feel most nervous.

Stats and Injuries

Long Term injuries Arouna Kone, Darron Gibson and Bryan Oviedo along with loanee Lacina Traore will all miss out this game whilst Phil Jagielka is set to return. Steven Pienaar isn't expected to return until the end of the month. Kyle Bartley will miss out for the Jacks though Jonjo Shelvey and Nathan Dyer are due to return.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:33:17 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 17, 2014, 06:41:21 AM
Reply #1

Thornton_19

We seem to enjoy playing Swansea. Thinking it will be the same kind of game as against Cardiff though. All sizzle no steak. Still expect a win 2-0 I reckon

March 17, 2014, 07:00:20 AM
Reply #2

American Evertonian

Sure we will allow an early goal that'll wake us up. See us winning it 2-1. Don't think it'll be pretty though.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 17, 2014, 08:19:11 AM
Reply #3

keiko

last season this match was 0-0, I was there @ goodison park... it was a forgettable match and cold, but it was great day.. time flies.

3-1 (again)

March 17, 2014, 06:29:12 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting that despite many of us wanting Bony, it is Lukaku that has the best stats

March 17, 2014, 06:39:07 PM
Reply #5

Thornton_19

Interesting that despite many of us wanting Bony, it is Lukaku that has the best stats

People lap up what they see on MOTD

March 17, 2014, 06:47:00 PM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

His hold up play is so much better than lukaku though.

March 17, 2014, 06:50:22 PM
Reply #7

hill135

People lap up what they see on MOTD

Nah. Bony is a great player regardless of what they say on MOTD.

Against Napoli he was isolated for the whole 90 minutes, but still had their entire defence on toast.

March 17, 2014, 06:54:20 PM
Reply #8

Thornton_19

Nah. Bony is a great player regardless of what they say on MOTD.

Against Napoli he was isolated for the whole 90 minutes, but still had their entire defence on toast.

I bet if we watched him for 90 minutes week in and week out we would all have the same problem with him as we do with Lukaku.

March 17, 2014, 06:55:16 PM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator
Reminds me of the Yak
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 17, 2014, 06:57:51 PM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
His hold up play is so much better than lukaku though.

Indeed but then that is traded off with goals and assists. I don't know who is better but there is a good case that Lukaku is at least as good

March 17, 2014, 07:00:00 PM
Reply #11

hill135

I bet if we watched him for 90 minutes week in and week out we would all have the same problem with him as we do with Lukaku.

I think the criticism of Lukaku is a bit overblown (but his hold up play isn't what is should be). I've seen Bony over 90 minutes a good number of times this season (not as much as Lukaku) and I'd say he's more complete than the majority of strikers in the league. He's like Negredo but not as good.

Just my opinion, but I think he'd score a hatful in our system. He has the attributes RM seems to want in a striker which people say Lukaku doesn't.

March 17, 2014, 07:44:38 PM
Reply #12

TSGun

Going to be the typical must win yet difficult encounter.

Names on the team sheet aren't really important either way. Goodison should be the difference!

Hello to all, I'm new at this but then again the wife showed no mercy so why should anyone else?

March 17, 2014, 08:10:10 PM
Reply #13

Fellainis Hairdresser

wonder if we'll score in the first half

3-1 everton.
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

March 17, 2014, 08:36:22 PM
Reply #14

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Ugly performance and a narrow victory. I'll take it

Think McGeady will start
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!