40 (52.6%)
Barkley (Sub)
4 (5.3%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 36705 times)

March 31, 2014, 07:48:26 PM
Read 36705 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton v Arsenal
Goodison Park
Sunday 6th March 13:30
Premier League Match 32

Everton's last 5 domestic results:

Arsenal 4-1 Everton - FA Cup (Lukaku)
Everton 2-1 Cardiff (Deulofeu, Coleman)
Everton 3-2 Swansea (Baines Pen, Lukaku, Barkley)
Newcastle 0-3 Everton (Barkley, Lukaku, Osman)
Fulham 1-3 Everton (O.G, Mirallas, Naismith)

Arsenal's last 5 domestic results:

Arsenal 4-1 Everton - FA Cup (Ozil, Arteta Pen, Giroud x2)
Tottenham 0-1 Arsenal (Rosicky)
Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal
Arsenal 2-2 Swansea (Podolski, Giroud)
Arsenal 1-1 Manchester City (Flamini)

Everton

Everton made it five wins in a row in the league with a 3-1 win at Fulham which is their best run since November 2002 when Everton won six in a row, a run that started off with a 2-1 win over Arsenal in the match which well and truly put Wayne Rooney on the radar. Going into this home tie, Everton have won six league matches in a row at Goodison Park and eight including FA Cup ties. Everton haven't won seven league matches in a row at home since March 2010. Everton have scored three goals in each of their last three matches.

Surprisingly, Everton have only played three matches at home against the rest of the top 7 going into this tie, and Liverpool are the only other team yet to face all six at home. Everton are unbeaten in the three matches with draws against Tottenham and Liverpool along with a 1-0 win against Chelsea. Incredibly, Everton have already managed more points at home to these sides than Manchester United and are equal with Tottenham. both of whom have played all six at home.

Possible Line-ups

Arsenal

Arsenal picked up a vital point against Manchester City at the weekend which means even if they lose this match, they'll remain 4th albeit having played a match more than Everton. However the draw at home to Swansea before Manchester City means Arsenal have picked up two points from their last three matches. Arsenal have won three of their last ten league games despite a run of six wins in a row before that. Arsenal have taken seven points from their six away games in 2014.

This is Arsenal's final away game of the season to a team in the top 7. They haven't faired too well in previous matches and have the second worst goal difference, mainly down to losing 6-0 at Chelsea. They're only win came against local rivals Tottenham Hotspur. Arsenal conceded six against Chelsea and Manchester City, five against Liverpool and once against Manchester United in their defeats.

Stats and Injuries

Everton: Long Term injuries Arouna Kone, Darron Gibson and Bryan Oviedo along with loanee Lacina Traore will all miss out this game whilst Phil Jagielka could return, though Steven Pienaar isn't expected to return for another week and Ross Barkley picked up a knock in the last match.

Arsenal: Arsenal have a couple of long term injuries still missing through Abou Diaby and Theo Walcott whilst Ryo Miyaichi and Mesut Ozil will both miss out with hamstring injures. Aaron Ramsey will still be a week from fitness, though Nacho Monreal could return. Jack Wilshere and Laurent Koscielny are both unlikely to feature.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 31, 2014, 07:57:42 PM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Wow our record vs arsenal is awful

Simply simply lovely

March 31, 2014, 08:05:03 PM
Reply #2

Danny

Seems like Arsenal could be on their arse  :whistle:  injury wise

March 31, 2014, 08:11:05 PM
Reply #3

The Good Citizen

That Arsenal team is there for the taking. no Walcott, Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere with Monreal a doubt, great time to be playing them. For me its just a question of that front three of McGeady, Naismith and Mirallas developing an understanding. Its a bit untried but individually McGeady and Naismith have both shown they deserve the start and I would go with that line up.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

March 31, 2014, 08:14:21 PM
Reply #4

Trowel

"Remember the name: John Stones."
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

March 31, 2014, 08:16:19 PM
Reply #5

The Good Citizen

Well I'm just a big over excited bottle of pop now... 6 days to go. Can't wait. Huge game!

March 31, 2014, 08:18:44 PM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

There is absolutely nothing to scare us in that Arsenal team. They did well in the second half against City, and I imagine they will look to set up in a similar way knowing that a draw is a good result for them, but I really think we'll win this game.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 31, 2014, 08:24:48 PM
Reply #7

The Good Citizen

Always worth having a link to the equivalent thread on an opponents forum. This looks like for like.

Shogs clearly given us an early psychological lead with his match summary over their half arsed who will win poll.

http://www.onlinearsenal.com/showthread.php?36735-PL-Everton-vs-Arsenal-6-4-14-13-30

March 31, 2014, 08:27:33 PM
Reply #8

Ross

Always worth having a link to the equivalent thread on an opponents forum. This looks like for like.

Shogs clearly given us an early psychological lead with his match summary over their half arsed who will win poll.

http://www.onlinearsenal.com/showthread.php?36735-PL-Everton-vs-Arsenal-6-4-14-13-30

Shoguns previews are like playing with 12 men!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 31, 2014, 08:28:25 PM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator
I was going to say they're a bit cocky with those poll results.

But we've won 5 out of 43 against them in the Premier League against us so I guess it might be warranted.

I'm still very much in David Moyes mode when it comes to pressure games so I can't see us winning this.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:29:32 PM by Shogun »

March 31, 2014, 08:30:16 PM
Reply #10

The Good Citizen

This was nice..

"Will be a hard game, Everton under Martinez are flying which is good to see. Great club, If it weren't at the expense of us, I'd love to see them push on and get CL football. Class club, Class fans. Class everything on the blue half of Merseyside.
Have to beat them. Must win game, As is every single one until the end of the season. I think we can do it though."

He clearly knows his football. 

March 31, 2014, 08:34:35 PM
Reply #11

Shogun

Administrator
What I'd give for a good first half for once.

March 31, 2014, 09:13:44 PM
Reply #12

velimski

We're winning the battle of the mind games.  That could equate to a 1 goal head start come kick off.

March 31, 2014, 09:16:23 PM
Reply #13

Heisenberg

I always think we'll lose against the big teams. I just think we'll play right into there hands like we did in the cup. I just think it would be too exciting if we won, therefore the footballing gods probably wont allow it

March 31, 2014, 09:40:52 PM
Reply #14

Fellainis Hairdresser

We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!