40 (52.6%)
Barkley (Sub)
4 (5.3%)
McGeady (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Everton v Arsenal  (Read 36655 times)

April 04, 2014, 10:44:01 PM
Reply #60

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Naismith super sub again for me

Howard

Coleman Stones Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Barkley McGeady

Lukaku

Naismith didnt come on against Arsenal in the cup, that mistake cannot afford to be repeated!either can giving away a penalty!I dont want to see ratboy kissing his badge at Goodison as well as The Emirates
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 04, 2014, 10:54:47 PM
Reply #61

Jimbo and the Jetset

How big is this game?

I would say only the Cup Final in 2009 was bigger since Collina had us booted out last time.

It's Muuuu-hassive!!!!
Life as an Evertonian isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

April 05, 2014, 12:07:20 AM
Reply #62

Cozzie

Very big game indeed.

Never has just one single match had so much riding on it for a long while.

April 05, 2014, 01:37:11 AM
Reply #63

Jimbo and the Jetset

Funny enough though, I don't think it's the 4th place shootout that its being billed as.  Whoever wins, if someone wins, will make another mistake or two this season I reckon so there will be maybe one more chance even after this.  Granted though, if we lose, it'll certainly be a tall order.
Life as an Evertonian isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

April 05, 2014, 02:24:34 AM
Reply #64

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think a single remaining fixture we have (see list below) is what you'd consider a nailed on 3pts. So no, this like every other game is one we'll have to scrap for if we are to challenge for the top 4.

Everton Vs Arsenal
Sunderland v Everton
Everton v Crystal Palace
Everton v Man Utd
Southampton v Everton
Everton v Man City
Hull v Everton

A win against Arsenal just gives us a chance to progress. What this is really is as I look at that list is a preordained cup run, as we pretty much have to win all those games to stay in the race.

April 05, 2014, 02:47:27 AM
Reply #65

wepull

It's a must not lose game for us.

April 05, 2014, 02:58:41 AM
Reply #66

Gash

Global Moderator
It's a must not lose game for us.

Yup, a draw would be fine, obviously a win would be brilliant but we must not drop seven behind them. I think our two big games are Sunderland then Palace, they're the two games we really should be winning so there's added pressure to perform in those and not trip ourselves up. Arguably if we get four points from Arsenal and Sunderland the Palace game is actually the big one as that is the game we could go fourth with four to play, we'd have momentum and the added incentive of holding fourth place.

The reality being as long as we are within 2 or 3 of Arsenal, every game from now is massive. I know it's a bit of a cliché but we've basically got 7 cup finals to play and need to be on top of our game for every one.

Personally, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride that is us challenging for a chance to play at the top of European football and it's going to fun.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 02:59:22 AM by Gash »

April 05, 2014, 03:02:44 AM
Reply #67

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
A win puts us in pole position and gives us some room to drop points in the run in.

A draw makes it hard, but still achievable. Just means we'll have to win 6 and draw 1 of our last 7 games.

A defeat makes it near on impossible. Can't see us making up 7 points within 7 games

April 05, 2014, 03:07:35 AM
Reply #68

Alanvideo

Many people say Moyes never won a game that really mattered. Well this game really matters so let's see if Martinez can do what Moyes couldn't. It's huge. COYB .
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 05, 2014, 04:01:49 AM
Reply #69

Evertonian in NC

A draw makes it very, very unlikely.  At minimum, we'd have to beat City.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 05, 2014, 04:04:23 AM
Reply #70

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
A draw and aren't we relying on Arsenal slipping up and us winning every game pretty much?

Honestly think Arsenal are getting maximum points from every game after us so we have to win every single remaining game to finish above them
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 05, 2014, 04:09:01 AM
Reply #71

Shogun

Administrator
Don't think there is much point in worrying about run-ins after this match. Some games aren't as straight forward as they look on paper.

For example, Chelsea lost 2 away games on the bounce to Aston Villa and Crystal Palace.

If football was predictable then we probably wouldn't watch it and I'd be posting this from my underwater mansion.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 05, 2014, 04:15:36 AM
Reply #72

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think there is much point in worrying about run-ins after this match. Some games aren't as straight forward as they look on paper.

For example, Chelsea lost 2 away games on the bounce to Aston Villa and Crystal Palace.

If football was predictable then we probably wouldn't watch it and I'd be posting this from my underwater mansion.

True, though Arsenals stuttering form has a lot to do with them having a month where they had games against the best teams in the league.  Their remaining games seem easier than ours

April 05, 2014, 05:07:10 AM
Reply #73

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
A draw and aren't we relying on Arsenal slipping up and us winning every game pretty much?

Honestly think Arsenal are getting maximum points from every game after us so we have to win every single remaining game to finish above them

Yeah, I think Arsenal would be much much happier with a point than we would. They'd have to drop points and while yes that's possible even in "easier" games we'd also pretty much have to beat every other team from thereon out to make up the gap and overtake.

Beating the teams around you is important when it comes to these situations. We messed up against Spurs and Chelsea recently, hopefully it's third time lucky.

April 05, 2014, 07:28:24 AM
Reply #74

School of Science

For me we really have to win to have a chance f fourth place, Arsenals run in is far easier, we need to win to even it up.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15