November 18, 2017, 10:24:07 AM

Author Topic: 10million euro bid turned down  (Read 6110 times)

May 18, 2010, 04:15:54 PM
Read 6110 times

ForzaItalia

Apparently we have had a bid knocked back for Jan Vertonghen, according to Dutch newspaper AD/Sportwereld.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Everton-bid-10m-for-Ajax-defender-Jan-Vertonghen/7810/

I know it's probably bollocks, but it's nice to read bollocks abouts us buying players for a change.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

deCoubertin

May 18, 2010, 04:43:04 PM
Reply #1

Murf666

Whilst I hope we do have millions to go and spend on players, I guess that might mean another central defender leaving to accomodate him.

We already have Jagielka, Distin, Heitinga, Yobo and possibly Senderos in that position.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

May 18, 2010, 05:13:09 PM
Reply #2

AidyEFC9

I saw the same thing on this link - http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2010/May/18/everton-chase-ajax-ace-vertonghen---report/

Also said the shite are after him too. And i also thought straight away that we might have to part with someone to bring him in, maybe Jags might get sold to either Arsenal or United so we can bring in Vertonghen to partner Johnny at the back, who knows, but honestly, as good as Jags is, i'd sell him for £15m and replace him with Vertonghen, the lads quality already and with plenty of years left in him and him along side Johnny at the back and playing it from there like the Ajax way would be brilliant to see and the only long balls out of the back would be Johnny's crisp and accurate long passes, ahhh, we dare to dream aye!.

May 18, 2010, 05:15:31 PM
Reply #3

dekko

A left footed CB could make sense and Moyes likes that. But as Murf pointed, we have too many CBs and we need a winger! Pretty much, bye bye Yobo.
If he was to come, who would be our CBs? Jags and Jan, or Heitinga and Jan? or maybe play Heitinga in the midfield; but then, Fel should be back soon, and if so, Moyes could want to play Arteta in the wing.

May 18, 2010, 05:43:42 PM
Reply #4

AidyEFC9

Dekko i wouldn't be surprised if Yobo was sold, Senderos goes aswell and Vertonghen gets brought in to partner Jags and then Johnny gets used at either RB or in midfield or like i said earlier, maybe Jags will get moved on too to make way for Vertonghen?.

Here's another link to the supposed bid but it as a clip of him in action.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/38380/Toffees_sweet_on_Belgian_star.aspx

May 18, 2010, 06:12:23 PM
Reply #5

bloody scally

whoa, jags gets injured and is regaining form and suddenly people consider selling him for just over half what lescott went for! This lad may be quality but was jagielka not once unbeatable? Go back to threads on him before he was injured.

May 18, 2010, 06:41:24 PM
Reply #6

ForzaItalia

Sell Yobo and get shot of Senderos. Selling Jags should never be an option, unless someone came in with an offer we just simply couldn't refuse. It would have to be a lot more than £15million.

May 18, 2010, 07:07:42 PM
Reply #7

dekko

Sell Yobo and get shot of Senderos. Selling Jags should never be an option, unless someone came in with an offer we just simply couldn't refuse. It would have to be a lot more than £15million.

This.

May 18, 2010, 07:17:33 PM
Reply #8

123_efc

£15m for Jags? Are you for real? If we can get 24m for Lescott, then we should get £35m for Jagielka
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

May 18, 2010, 07:20:14 PM
Reply #9

Flusky

whoa, jags gets injured and is regaining form and suddenly people consider selling him for just over half what lescott went for! This lad may be quality but was jagielka not once unbeatable? Go back to threads on him before he was injured.

Have you not been on this board before? Everyone here hates our team lolol

May 18, 2010, 07:31:50 PM
Reply #10

Murf666

£15m for Jags? Are you for real? If we can get 24m for Lescott, then we should get £35m for Jagielka

As much as I think Jagielka is our best defender and want to see him stay, that is not anything like a realistic assessment.

Lescott has done better at international level, is more comfortable on the ball, can play full back and has a record of scoring goals.

Jagielka is a better defender, but I doubt we would recoup as much as we did for Lescott if we sold him.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

May 18, 2010, 07:45:05 PM
Reply #11

fast lane

We'd like to think so, but his form hasn't been that great since coming back.
Don't think selling Jags is an option.

As for Jan Vertonghen, very surprising.
Mostly, where would we get the money from.

Never been a great fan of his, but I wasn't of Vermaelen, and he has been a postive surprise.
He does has potential however, can play dm too (yep like John Heitinga)

He has thrown in his own glasses over here.
When Ajax won the Dutch cup recently, they celebrated it in their own stadium.
He took the microphone, and in front of all the tv cameras, he started chanting 'Kut kakkerlakken' (fucking cockroaches, referring to Feyenoord's derogatory nick-name which the Ajax fans use)
That was not taken well. The Dutch association has banned him for the next two matches.
Ajax did nothing however to discipline their player.
That is why they are the most hated club over here.

They might be willing to sell due to this incident.
But that's speculating.
It would leave them defensively a lot weaker.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

May 18, 2010, 09:34:26 PM
Reply #12

ForzaItalia

Do you think there's actually any chance of us signing him fastlane? Assuming we can find the cash from somewhere of course.

May 18, 2010, 09:48:57 PM
Reply #13

Gray90

Hi, first post on this forum so be gentle.

If we could move both Yobo and Distin on and recoup around 8 million for the pair then that would be good business. I'm not sure how much they'd both fetch though especially with Distin being 33.

Keep Senderos on a free and have Heitinga, Jagielka and Jan Vertonghen compete for the two centre back spots. Without moving Yobo and Distin out we won't have the funds to strengthen this position when we're in dire need of a right winger.

May 18, 2010, 09:51:11 PM
Reply #14

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Hi, first post on this forum so be gentle.

If we could move both Yobo and Distin on and recoup around 8 million for the pair then that would be good business. I'm not sure how much they'd both fetch though especially with Distin being 33.

Keep Senderos on a free and have Heitinga, Jagielka and Jan Vertonghen compete for the two centre back spots. Without moving Yobo and Distin out we won't have the funds to strengthen this position when we're in dire need of a right winger.

Welcome.  I don't think moving two centre backs on for one is sensible.  Especially since Vertonghen would only be competition for Heitinga and Jags IMO and not an automatic shoe in.  I would rather we sold one of Distin and Yobo, kept Senderos and spent any money on a right winger but I can't see Distin going anywhere.