November 25, 2017, 08:08:02 AM

Author Topic: 10million euro bid turned down  (Read 6119 times)

May 19, 2010, 02:33:55 AM
Reply #30

Flusky

We shouldn't be selling ANY CBs. At one point last season we had Yobo, Jagielka, Heitinga, Distin AND Senderos at the club, but still had to play Hibbert at CB.

deCoubertin

May 19, 2010, 02:38:06 AM
Reply #31

ForzaItalia

We shouldn't be selling ANY CBs. At one point last season we had Yobo, Jagielka, Heitinga, Distin AND Senderos at the club, but still had to play Hibbert at CB.

That was in the Europa League when Senderos and Heintinga were cup tied.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

May 19, 2010, 02:38:53 AM
Reply #32

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
That was in the Europa League when Senderos and Heintinga were cup tied.

No, it was before Christmas in the Europa league so Heitinga was cup tied but we didn't have Senderos yet.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

May 19, 2010, 02:41:14 AM
Reply #33

ForzaItalia

No, it was before Christmas in the Europa league so Heitinga was cup tied but we didn't have Senderos yet.

Excuse me.

May 19, 2010, 02:42:56 AM
Reply #34

Flusky

Excuse me.

And me.

Still stands though, we have a decent amount of CBs now. We shouldn't ideally be losing people from that slot.

May 19, 2010, 02:43:54 AM
Reply #35

Gash

Global Moderator
We had Neill, but he was also cup tied too

5 Defenders injured/cup tied, pretty scary that.

A lesson for the future in Europe, get the players in before they have to be registered, or have played for another team in Europe. Not that that will happen.

May 19, 2010, 02:50:59 AM
Reply #36

ForzaItalia

And me.

Still stands though, we have a decent amount of CBs now. We shouldn't ideally be losing people from that slot.

Either way, I wouldn't mind selling Yobo, not re-signing Senderos and buying Vertonghen. That would give us Jags, Johnny, Distin and Vertonghen to fight over 2 CB spots. I'd be happy with that. Plus Vertonghen can play anywhere across the back line giving us plenty of cover.

May 19, 2010, 02:54:41 AM
Reply #37

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Paying that amount of money for a CB would be ridiculous.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

May 19, 2010, 03:06:38 AM
Reply #38

ForzaItalia

Paying that amount of money for a CB would be ridiculous.

Shouldn't you be revising?

No it wouldn't. Especially if the sale of Yobo generates the bulk of the transfer fee.

May 19, 2010, 04:24:09 AM
Reply #39

rozzie22

id rather ten mill spent on a tricky winger.

unless Moyes doesnt see Johnny as an out and out CB, then it kinda makes sense.

I dont understand some people's attitudes of "flog Yobo and then acquire Sendeross, giving him £25k to sit on the bench and play about 4 times a season"

you might as well let Duffy play in the those games, rather than sign an average CB and give him a hefty weekly wage.
How's Duffy suppose to learn unless he plays the odd game (like wilson and jones did last season)

May 19, 2010, 04:27:04 AM
Reply #40

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Shouldn't you be revising?

No it wouldn't. Especially if the sale of Yobo generates the bulk of the transfer fee.

Then we still have Jags and Heitinga, RW is a priority.

And yes I should be revising and have been (in parts).

May 19, 2010, 05:02:06 AM
Reply #41

Blueney-tunes

our defence is a bigger priority than people think.

May 19, 2010, 05:04:44 AM
Reply #42

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

Perhaps right back but we have Baines, Heitinga and Jags making up 3 of the back 4, we're set.

May 19, 2010, 05:51:08 AM
Reply #43

Meak

the fuck did kenwright do, rob a bank?

i didnt expect to see a 10 euro bid at all, let alone 10 fucking mil
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

May 19, 2010, 06:05:19 AM
Reply #44

ally2

disagree with that TBH.  we can get into sizes of priorities but if we're talking THE priority, it's got to be RW.  We've got no dedicated player for RW, let alone back-up.  we always have to accomodate.