November 21, 2017, 08:49:28 AM

Author Topic: 10million euro bid turned down  (Read 6113 times)

May 19, 2010, 06:07:30 AM
Reply #45

123_efc

our defence is a bigger priority than people think.

We could defo do with one more quality centre back, but I think we need a winger and a striker first.
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

deCoubertin

May 19, 2010, 06:22:47 AM
Reply #46

toffee_scot

I think Moyes will have been very concerned about how below-par our defence has been this season, as a former defender he knows how essential a good solid defence is and that it is the foundation of a team destined to do well, if we can sort out our defence then we can concentrate on improving our attacking threat.

May 19, 2010, 06:39:53 AM
Reply #47

Dr. Sponge

I think our turn in form since signing Donovan in January is proof enough that a RW in his mould should be priority. Although, we still continued to attack and create well after he'd left, and our goals against record this season was awful. So it's Moyes' job to decide which is most important.

I'll take another route and say we need a top striker. It's like having two halfplayers with Saha and Yak, too temperamental.

May 19, 2010, 06:42:05 AM
Reply #48

ally2

Defence wasn't up to scratch but to be fair there were some decent excuses - Lescott saga, Jags injury and then recovery, Distin and Johnny settling in, Fellaini finding his feet in CM then getting injured, Neville injury, unsettled defence due to cup-tied players in Europe.  Who knows what we would have done without Baines!

Yes I know all teams get this stuff but what I mean is - its not so much the players ability/training, more circumstance.

I wouldn't mind a one in/one out in defence, especially if younger but we've got to prioritise RW if there is anyone who is appropriate/gettable.  Maybe there isn't?

May 19, 2010, 07:46:25 AM
Reply #49

AidyEFC9

According to wiki, he's signing for us this month to join fellow Belgium international team mate Fellaini. Come on now lads, who's got a bit excited and been editing his wiki page?.   :hmph:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Vertonghen

May 19, 2010, 01:37:26 PM
Reply #50

everton-4-ever

distin isnt the long term answer neither is yobo

but spunking 10m on a cb when other postitions desperately need sorting

is strange
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!